Reply Rainbow Bridge
Lose of a pet Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

city_cat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:09 pm
My friend lost her dog shadow yesterday.....car accident..  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:05 pm
Sorry about your dog.... sad  

dolphinSYJ

AshMonster92

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:54 pm
AccentualWolf
Yesterday my parents put Ginger (our 12 year old wiener dog) to sleep. She was really bad off and constantly in pain. She was the best dog we ever had and they made sure to treat her right. They bought her a hot ham and cheese from Hardee's. She ate her's and half of my Dad's. Then they took her to the vet and she aked like she always did by pulling Mom like "you lied to me you brought me to the vet and now I will get a shot." Then they put her down and I was told she peacefully fell asleep. I know both my folks cried for a long time. They both loved her so much. I was in my dorm when I decided to call home and that was when dad told me. I cried for a long time, but I know she was better off and in a better place. I still wished I could have pet her one last time and kissed her. Unforunatly, me being away from home, I was not able too and it still hurts some. I hope you all understand why she was put to sleep and don't think bad of us and I'm glad their are people who know how I feel. I thank you all for reading this and replying. (That is if you decided too)

i feel so sad for you. you didnt do the wrong thing at all.
i found one of my cats dragging his hind legs behind him 1 time. my parents dropped my brother and i at a friends house and brought the cat to the vet. they put him to sleep after finding out that he had gotten a blood clot in one leg. I was so sad when my parents came back and told me what happened

i understand what you're going through. im so sorry for you  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:43 pm
I lost my dog Annie (Coker and Golden Retriver mix) a couple of months ago. We had to but her down because she had cancer and we did the best we could to help her but on the day she die she kinda knew that she was going to die. My dad was there the the doctor but the stuff that buts your animal to slepp. It took only a second and then she was gone. We cried non-stop that day. She was the best dog we evered had for 12 years. So yeah crying *Annie you will always be in My heart Forever*  

DancerAngel22

Shin-ko

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:04 am
I lost a cat four months back to a car. I still miss him every day. I have been with him for so long that sometimes I wake up and part of me doesn't want to believe that he's gone. I normally deal with pet loss very well since there's been so many, but this is one of those cases where I can't even think about it or I'll break down.

The worst part about having animals is that nobody really understands how much of a gaping hole they leave behind. People sometimes think it's as easy as buying another, and perhaps, in most cases, they're right. But sometimes we tend to depend on the animals too much--I need them more than they need me, certainly--and then it becomes difficult because they were never meant to live very long compared to us. You get fifteen years if you're lucky, twenty for a cat...and even then half of that the animal is getting old. I have spent more time mourning for one dog than I have been with her. I still mourn her and I haven't seen her in seven years. It's stupid and crazy and ridiculous in the eyes of the regular world.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:02 am
We lost our family dog eariler this year.

He had really bad tumors. I guess they were all the way into his chestbone. And his flesh was rotting, too.

When I think about him, I get so depressed. I cry at night still and it's been since about May or June.

We was pretty old, though. I think 14-15, maybe. Springer Spaniel mixed with Black Lab. He was pretty over-weight, too. And was losing his hearing.

I get sad when I go to my Great Grandma's house because he isn't there.

I think the worst part about it was that I was in Wisconsin when he died.

I was visiting Mike and I know that if I had not been away from home, I would have gone.

That day, I guess they were going over to shave my Grandma's other dog, Buddy, because he's got so much fur. And there was blood on the kitchen floor. So when my GodMother decided it was from Dino, they took him to the vet and found out about the tumors and such. It was hard for everyone.

What hurts me is that no one was in the room with him, which is just horrible. My Grandma couldn't be in there, Dyan couldn't and my Mom was too selfish to be in there. And she, of all of us, should have been in there! She was his favorite person. He had to die alone! I hate her for it! I know it sounds cruel but Dino loved my Mom and his final moments are in a room with people he doesn't know. It hurts me...

So, I know how you feel. I wish I could have pet our dog one last time, just to see his face would have been enough for me!

When I was last over there after I got home, I stayed a weekend. It was weird not having Dino there. He used to sleep in the bed with me upstairs. He'd get up and down from it but he'd still be there. I could always hear him breathing and panting. I miss him. I still can't believe he's not here.

I just know that I would have gone with if I had been home! I know it! I went with when her other dog, Snoopy, died. He died in the yard. He was younger than Dino was. I'm not sure why he died, though. I was too young to really know.

I miss Dino. And at times, I wish I had never met him or bought any of my animals because I know at one point, they're going to leave me. And I'm not going to be prepared for it. But then again, my life would be boring without them =D

I know that our cat Baby is next. She's about 13, the oldest animal in our house. But she'll probably outlive Dusty, Daisy, Benji, and Smokey, I'm sure.

But, I'm glad I had a chance to know Dino so well. As well as all my animals that have left me.

And I know that our animals are still here, watching us. They're happier and are just waiting for us to join them.

So, I just try to make my animals as happy as I can while I have them and spend loads of time with them. heart  

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

GothicPunkChic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:29 am
I know how u feel...

When I was only a few months old my parents bought a german sheperd puppy. They named him Max and we grew up together. Every single childhood memory I have has him in it. I look back at my childhood pictures and in almost every one of them I had my arms wraped around his neck. I grew up in a small neighborhood and I had like 1 friend that lived anywhere near me but she was still kinda far. Max was my best friend and my brother. But as all living beings do, he began to get old. He lost all of his energy, he was going blind and he was having trouble eating. (This is when I was twelve) He began to puke up blood and he had trouble walking. That's when my parents decided that it was the best thing for him if we put him down. I'd never cried so hard in my whole life. My grades began to fall because I couldn't stop thinking that we where going to put him down. Then the day came and we lifted him into the car and drove to the vets. I was there when the vet gave him the shot and he looked up at me like "why are you doing this to me? I thought you loved me" and he layed down and as if he had fallen into a deep sleep and he was gone. To this day I still cry over him and I will never ever forget him. So he came into my life when I was only a few months and left when I was about 12 and a half. Now I'm 14 and I still miss him will all of my heart and soul.

For awhile after we put him down I would wake up for school and when I got down stairs I started scooping food into his food bowl, "oh, right" I would say as I dumped the food back. When I would come home I would grab his leash and call to him for his walk. But he never would come and I put the leash back, then I ran to my room and I cried. Now we have a german sheperd mix. It makes no difference my best friend, my brother, is never coming back...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:15 pm
thats terrible  

l- Lark -l

tha blue fallin angel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:50 am
sorry your pet dog died. i too had pet that died.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:57 pm
im so sorry
ive had a pet put down and its so sad crying
just keep remembering
my moms cat was put to sleep and she has a little picture of him he was so cute! cry
we got him cremated and buried his ashes under his favorite tree sad  

iPurrsieMomo

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:40 pm
This probably should be a new topic, not necro-ing an old one. If you want to talk about the Loss of a Pet, then feel free to start a new one. whee  
Rainbow Bridge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff