Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 20. ✿ - - - Debating
Religion , What do you believe? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yeah,Religion
  Atheist.
  Boeddhist
  christian
  Jewish
  Muslim
  Pagan
  Other
View Results

miss twinkle toes 001

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:00 am

Sorry Boys, But...

It's A Girl Thing!

I have a suestion: is Allah another name for God?
Some muslims say so, other don't : S

A Getaway For Every Girl.

Click To join

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:29 am
I'm Catholic - as in, I actually go to church, subscribe to Catholic teaching on all points, and believe that my religion is right and others are various shades of wrong. Which has nothing to do with intolerance or hating other people. One doesn't have to agree with someone to love them.

Arguments about religion on Gaia are generally a waste of time. Most people don't really want to discuss, they just want to rant or bash other people or simply annoy others by making trollish posts. The ED is too cluttered with that sort of stuff to be hospitable to serious discussion.

[thingie]

MrsFail

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:40 pm
User Image

I am Lutheran.
I believe in Jesus. Angels. Demons. Heaven and Hell.
:3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:16 am
I'm not sure exactly what I believe in. I believe people should have their own religion. I guess I'm classified as Christian, but that is VERY broad. I believe Jesus died and all that, you know. The bible. But I don't like how many churches interpret the bible for people. The bible should be read independently and people should find their own interpretations for it. Otherwise, it's like people are telling each other what to believe, and if someone doesn't look into it to see if it's true, than it's ignorant. Just my thoughts...  

SarahlovesDavidH

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

i-- M a r i e --i

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:27 pm
xX Princess Heartbreak Xx
I'm Pagan, focusing on Wiccanism (Its NOT what is portrayed in the movies, its a earth based religion)

¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ ¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯
(¯`·.(¯`·.(¯`·.(¯`·.creatia Inifinita.·´¯).·´¯).·´¯).·´¯)
¸.·`¯`·.¸¸.·`¯`· ·`¯`·.¸¸.·`¯`·.¸
(¯`·.¸¸.-> °º º° <-.¸¸.·´¯)

I know, it makes me really depressed to see gothic movie-wiccan wannabees :/ That's one of the reasons I rather call my self Pagan then Wiccan, since the bad name it has now.Well, i'm not even Wiccan anyways ._.

.,;`';_,_;`';_._;`';_.._;'`;_._.'`;_._.'`;,.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:29 pm
Sayer of the Truth
miss twinkle toes 001

Sorry Boys, But...

It's A Girl Thing!

We are raised in the religion our parents raised us in.
But when we come in the age of understanding, we read the holy scripture ourselves and decide for ourselves what religion is correct.
I supposed to be a christian.
But i don't believe in it anymore.
Example:
How can you believe in a zoo on water (noah's arc)?

I believe there is something: the 'ietsisme'

How about the flying spaghetti monster?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
And the invisible pink unicorn?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A Getaway For Every Girl.

Click To join

User Image

For all we know about the Bible, I think a lot of it's symbolism.

¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ ¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯
(¯`·.(¯`·.(¯`·.(¯`·.creatia Inifinita.·´¯).·´¯).·´¯).·´¯)
¸.·`¯`·.¸¸.·`¯`· ·`¯`·.¸¸.·`¯`·.¸
(¯`·.¸¸.-> °º º° <-.¸¸.·´¯)

"Ietsism" Is a dutch makeshift word for agnostic atheism. It means you believe there is something, but you don't recognise it in the existant religions, or just don't know what that "something" might be.

.,;`';_,_;`';_._;`';_.._;'`;_._.'`;_._.'`;,.

i-- M a r i e --i

Sydd Rose

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:48 pm
I'm agnostic/christian. I believe there was such a man as Jesus, however I question how he is known as the son of God when we are all supposed to be son's and daughters of God. I also don't believe that any particular religion is right, in fact a lot of them have many of the same themes and undertones.

As to the after life I read this very interesting story one day that made me think. It was about a superior being called the gatekeeper if I remember right and he had a little quiz for all who had died. Basically the gist of the story was whatever you believe the afterlife is is what you get. Unfortunately for me, I'm not exactly sure what the afterlife may or may not be, so I'm kinda....fully screwed if that's whats true.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:59 am
I'm Catholic, so I believe in God, Jesus, and Mary...  

Baer59

O o k i - t a n

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:47 am
At the moment, I'm sitting back and seeing what there is.
I'm supposed to be Christian, but considering my dad treated it as a punishment, I kind of backed out. Then everyone decided to shove it down my throat.

I don't know what I believe in.

I believe in miracles and stuff. But God? I'm not so sure..

I respect religion though <3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:05 pm
I was raised Roman Catholic. Looked into Paganism and Wicca for a little bit. Seeing what it was. Now, I belong to the church of the apathetic agnostic. I don't know and I don't really care.  

Mari Star 146

The Smoking Robot

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:27 pm
i guess i would say that i was agnostic.. My parents were raised as christians but don't really follow it. they didn't baptize me or my brother bc they wanted us to choose the religion we liked best. whee  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:37 am
I was never raised in any religion, though there are many Christians about me and my parents have some very Christian people in their families. My experience with religion came from looking at what came in from elsewhere and from my peers (as well as reading a teeny bit of texts, but that's something on its own). I once would have considered myself a Christian (believing all that), but I lost it.

I think there may or may not be anything, but it doesn't matter. So many people think of it so many ways - different gods and systems and values, those who believe in the absence of any gods, etc. - that, as a whole, I think we don't really know if there's anything or not or what it is if there is. What we do have is this - here, now - even if some believe that it's just part of a whole reality or that it's not actually reality. I think we should live our lives as best as we can, whether we believe it's our objective "purpose in life" or we just sort of make up our own purpose (so to speak) or whatever. Do what we can with what we're pretty sure we have.

Hope that makes some sense. I've never known how to word that. One can never quite get across precisely (accurately) what they are thinking to other people because nobody thinks exactly like anyone else!  

faerie_ophelia

Akira Nakamura

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:04 pm
I'm agnostic. Actually my parents and other relatives can't believe, nor accept it.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:41 am
I guess I should just say I'm Agnostic since I'm really not all that sure.

I feel like the whole God and Jesus concept is too fairy-tale like to be real. Yet again people claim to see Angels and have "spoken" to Jesus and/or God and the like.

But I can't say too much considering I know very, very little about it at all.

People can believe whatever they want to believe. I just can't stand it when people base everything off of religion. It's like being your own person is forbidden (and note, I'm not saying EVERYONE who is religious is like that, I'm just saying I hate when people are like that).  

erratic animosity

Pawn

Fancy Kami

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:17 am
I do not have a religion, nor do I consider myself a christian. I believe that all 'religions' are man made....I believe that the bible was also man wirtten and therefore, the bible is not word of God, it is the word of however wrote it. I DO believe in Heaven, God, and Jesus. I do not believe in Hades, or the devil because I do NOT believe that God created a punishment place for our souls to be sent to.

I listen to my heart, and what God and Jesus tell me in my heart.  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff