Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pets and Animals Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: pets, animals, dogs, cats 

Reply Rainbow Bridge
MY DAD LIED TO ME ABOUT MY DOG....ONIX Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:35 pm
you know, i know it sounds horrible but shooting an animal is a very humane way to kill it. i would much rather my dog to be shot in the head rathr than to be rabid or suffer. shooting is a quick death
besides, do you know how much it is to get an animal put down? its alot. not everyone can afford it. i can kind of understand where your father was comming from.
im very sorry for your loss though  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:48 pm
Shanna66
you know, i know it sounds horrible but shooting an animal is a very humane way to kill it. i would much rather my dog to be shot in the head rathr than to be rabid or suffer. shooting is a quick death
besides, do you know how much it is to get an animal put down? its alot. not everyone can afford it. i can kind of understand where your father was comming from.
Ummm…Being shot in the head isn’t my ideal image of humane, and it only costs 70 or 80 bucks where I live to have an animal put down. Also if you do think your dog has rabies take it to the nearest vet, if it does have rabies they will humanly euthonize your pet for you free of charge.  

LastHearts

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:55 pm
LastHearts
Shanna66
Ummm…Being shot in the head isn’t my ideal image of humane, and it only costs 70 or 80 bucks where I live to have an animal put down. Also if you do think your dog has rabies take it to the nearest vet, if it does have rabies they will humanly euthonize your pet for you free of charge.

as far as i know you can only tell if an animal is rabid is if its already dead. and a shot in the head is very humane, not pretty, but humane. my defenition of humane is if it feels little to no pain and is quick. plus it depends on what vet you go to to have an animal put down. i knew one vet that charged $1000. not all are nice and cheap.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:04 pm
Shanna66
LastHearts
Shanna66

as far as i know you can only tell if an animal is rabid is if its already dead. and a shot in the head is very humane, not pretty, but humane. my defenition of humane is if it feels little to no pain and is quick. plus it depends on what vet you go to to have an animal put down. i knew one vet that charged $1000. not all are nice and cheap.
You're wrong, a shot through the head will be painful for the dog. The only way to cause a shot to be unpainful is to shoot it through the mouth, as it will damage the spinal nerve, and no pain will be felt. Though, the animal will appear dead to you once you shoot it, it will be in immense pain, something much more cruel then anything. I'm pretty sure that Onix did not get shot through the mouth, and I'm sure it was extremely painful.
Majority of people who commit suicide shoot themselves through their mouth (the smart ones) that don't want pain, and then they die.  

Da Ebil Duckeh

LastHearts

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:09 pm
I don’t really feel like getting into an argument right now but you get all theses signs about a week before the end result of rabies (obviously death)
Changes in an animals behavior, problems swallowing, a large increase in drool or saliva, and difficulty moving or paralysis. So yes you can usually tell if they have rabies... But you can not be completely sure unless they are dead, scientists need to check a part of an animals brain to tell for sure if they have rabies (We had a rabid raccoon in our goat pen once, we were quarantined for six moths and had to have all the goats put down. So now I’ve been researching a lot about rabies) Oh, and about being shot in the head...It will hurt!!! You can go look it up on the web.
Shanna66
LastHearts
Shanna66

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:14 pm
LastHearts
I don’t really feel like getting into an argument right now but you get all theses signs about a week before the end result of rabies (obviously death)
Changes in an animals behavior, problems swallowing, a large increase in drool or saliva, and difficulty moving or paralysis. So yes you can usually tell if they have rabies... But you can not be completely sure unless they are dead, scientists need to check a part of an animals brain to tell for sure if they have rabies (We had a rabid raccoon in our goat pen once, we were quarantined for six moths and had to have all the goats put down. So now I’ve been researching a lot about rabies)
Shanna66
LastHearts
Shanna66

im not trying to get into an argument, im sorry if it sounded that way. ive never researched rabies so im sure your right

@ Da Ebil Duckeh
from what ive learned in my bio class its painless in the side of your head if you get the right spot, and ive also heard that right between the eays also has minimal pain. im not trying to sound grusome here. im sorry if im comming off that way  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

LastHearts

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:18 pm
heh...Yeah I sounded like I wanted to argue too.... stare Sorry about that, I just really get worked up on these subjects.

Shanna66
LastHearts
Changes in an animals behavior, problems swallowing, a large increase in drool or saliva, and difficulty moving or paralysis. So yes you can usually tell if they have rabies... But you can not be completely sure unless they are dead, scientists need to check a part of an animals brain to tell for sure if they have rabies (We had a rabid raccoon in our goat pen once, we were quarantined for six moths and had to have all the goats put down. So now I’ve been researching a lot about rabies)
Shanna66
LastHearts
Shanna66

im not trying to get into an argument, im sorry if it sounded that way. ive never researched rabies so im sure your right

@ Da Ebil Duckeh
from what ive learned in my bio class its painless in the side of your head if you get the right spot, and ive also heard that right between the eays also has minimal pain. im not trying to sound grusome here. im sorry if im comming off that way

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:25 pm
Shanna66
LastHearts
Shanna66
LastHearts
Shanna66

@ Da Ebil Duckeh

No, No.
Neither am I, I'm just clarifying that it doesn't. Bullets do not kill the person immediately, so they will seem dead, but they will be alive, and thus the pain. The pain can only be numbed by the bullet disengaging the spinal nerve. The bullet from the side can also numb the pain, however, only if it hits through that nerve. Or else it will be painful. Either way, I don't think Onix was hit so perfectly that she had a painless death. Her father shouldn't have done something like that. He should have atleast confirmed that she was infected with rabies before shooting her. If she was growling at the family, he could have rehomed her.  

Da Ebil Duckeh

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:19 pm
Da Ebil Duckeh
Shanna66
LastHearts
Shanna66
LastHearts

@ Da Ebil Duckeh

No, No.
Neither am I, I'm just clarifying that it doesn't. Bullets do not kill the person immediately, so they will seem dead, but they will be alive, and thus the pain. The pain can only be numbed by the bullet disengaging the spinal nerve. The bullet from the side can also numb the pain, however, only if it hits through that nerve. Or else it will be painful. Either way, I don't think Onix was hit so perfectly that she had a painless death. Her father shouldn't have done something like that. He should have atleast confirmed that she was infected with rabies before shooting her. If she was growling at the family, he could have rehomed her.

huh, i didnt know that. i mean yeah, her dad should not have killed it just because it was acting a little more aggressive.

LastHearts
heh...Yeah I sounded like I wanted to argue too.... stare Sorry about that, I just really get worked up on these subjects.

its ok, we all get worked up when we are worried about an animal. im more of a reptile person so i dont know much about rabies. i just get my dog and cats vaccinated for it and leave it at that.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:47 pm
that sucks i would cry too if it was my dog  

Pyro-Skull-Kid

High-functioning Smoker

6,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200

Made of mulez

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:34 am
christmas_day
Onix was my black lab. she was two years old and she was the most lovable dog i have ever had in my life! Then one day she would just growl at my dad, mom, 2 brothers, and sister. But NEVER me. I didnt know she did that untill my dad told me that:"Paige, im sorry to say this, but we half to get rid of onix. she just keeps attaking the horses and cows." And i was like: "alright." and i was fine with it, because he said his friend wanted her. so one night, he said:"ok, that guy is comming to get her at 11:00 at night. ok?" and 11 rolled around and my dad said: "hes outside paige" and i was like: "ok, can i come with you?" and he told me no. and i felt pretty bad and stuff. so it was 4 months later, and it was 11:15 at night and i was sitting on the deck with my dad and he said: "do you want to know the truth?" and i said:"about what?" and he said:"onix." i told him yeah, and he told me: "Paige, i had to put her to sleep. she was acting weird and she would growl at us, and if she was to kill your brother..." and i ran in the house and cried and i was screaming and stuff and i called my boyfriend and he said: "Its ok paige. Here, he didnt want to do it, its just that...well, she probably got bit by something. ya know?" and i cried more, and hung up and that was the worst thing ever. Then my dad came in and told me that he tied her up, pet her, gave her some food and brought my brother out there. and then he shot her. and i noticed that the day she..."left", there was blood everywhere out in the feild.
awwwww thats so sad my brother and ours fishies died because the tank was a poor quality so they went bye bye crying at least their in a better place and im sorry about your dog i feel so sad for u  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:13 am
for me the best way is to tell right away and your dad souldnt of shot your dog he sould of brought her to the vet and at least put her down!!!!!  

Cute Gazoo

puppylove8888

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:38 am
THATS HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!! i cant believe your dad didn't take Onix to the vet to see if there was a CURE first. and if there was none, then she should have been HUMANELY put to sleep. NOT be tied and shot scream I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry about what happened. crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:48 am
couldnt he have brought her to the vet or something, who cares if it costs???  

just plain purple

OMG-its-EmBee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:54 am
he stole something from u
he stole it and condemned it to a slow painfull death.
just because the dog growled??
tell ur father to burn in the seventh ring of hell.  
Rainbow Bridge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff