Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Disappointing Movies
ugh musicals............. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Art Pandrome

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:08 am
HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL!!!!! It is a huge bunch of crap! ugly actors and actresses and theyr all off key aaand half of them went EMO Zach Efron, Vanessa Hudgens, and Ashley Tisdale sorta...whos with me?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:54 am
Art Pandrome
HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL!!!!! It is a huge bunch of crap! ugly actors and actresses and theyr all off key aaand half of them went EMO Zach Efron, Vanessa Hudgens, and Ashley Tisdale sorta...whos with me?

I'm with you all the way! I think High School musical have destroyed my love for musicals... >.<

Aaaccck! They're songs... still ringing in my eaaarsss! Make it stoppp!!!  

allmy9lives

Artist-Kiarimi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:53 pm
high school musical (1&2) sucked, as most disney movies do, and i don't prefer musicals anyways. the only one i REALLY liked was grease... i have the soundtrack on a record (or my mom does >.<) so yeah, i don't like musicals.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:58 pm
allmy9lives
Art Pandrome

I'm with you all the way! I think High School musical have destroyed my love for musicals... >.<

Aaaccck! They're songs... still ringing in my eaaarsss! Make it stoppp!!!

same here, it's just a load of crap. now because of the second one every time someone askes "what time is it" i think, "summer time"! it drives me up a wall! the only good thing about that movie is it helped me figure out that disney channel, is also, a load of crap. if you really think of the plot of some of the shows, they're all basically the same. plus now a doys the only thing i ever watch on t.v. are movies with my family and anime.  

Artist-Kiarimi

allmy9lives

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:07 am
HSM 1 and 2 sucked hard and I'm not waiting for the 3rd installment...

Most of the time I'd like to see some musicals like Chicago and The Producers but heck, they don't make those anymore, don't they?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:25 am
i love musicals=]  

caitlinthomp

Post Coital Cookie
Captain

Bloblike Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:26 am
As someone who was raised on all the lil Disney sing-song movies, I can honestly say, they're not as bad as you make them out to be. Though, I totally agree with you on High School musical. Who the hell is that happy where they have to sing all through school??? I for one sure as hell wasn't.

But while I do support [some] musicals, others are, well, frickin weird. Only ones I've ever liked are as follows.

-RENT
-Little Shop of Horrors
-Hairspray [Nikki Blonksy version]
-Most Disney movies that sing
-The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas [well, what I've seen of it was pretty hysterical]

And, I do believe that's about it.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:51 am
I really didn't like Phantom of the Opera.  

Niran_Betta_Fish

Swashbuckling Man-Lover

37,190 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Waffles! 25

Freely_Changing_Spirit

Beloved Dabbler

6,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:52 pm
I haven't seen many musicals in my time, but I absolutely hate High School Musical. It sucks and all they do in the sequels is repeat the same plot. Gabriela has a problem with Troy and Troy fixes it. They suck. I didn't even bother watching Camp Rock after that. I generally dislike Disney Channel movies, but my sister made me watch them...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:13 pm
...am I the only person who thought Sweeney Todd was terrible?

Coming from a person who is a fan of musicals, and has seen pretty much every American-made musical film of the last 40 years. Not to mention several dozen stage musicals which haven't yet reached the silver screen.  

GilAskan

MISSFUNSIZE

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:27 pm
Im obsessed with musicals (u can tell by my pro) but there r musicals that i do hate
every1 knos high school musical is crap but wen i 1st saw it, it was awesome then ppl got 2 obsessed with it & kept playin it & talkin about it & it got annoyin thats wat i think wat happened & then the sequel was alil retarted & c'mon HSM n theaters? u got 2b kidding meh?

now since then i hate disney channel musicals! they r CRAP!!! 3nodding  
MrSkelli rolled 20 100-sided dice: 18, 75, 56, 50, 40, 15, 57, 28, 39, 78, 75, 79, 11, 20, 70, 46, 83, 58, 81, 6 Total: 985 (20-2000)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:30 am
I'm glad there is so many people out there that share my hate to most musicals  

MrSkelli

Dapper Gaian

3,800 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Window Shopper 100

Darkqueen48

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:57 pm
scromlette
User Image

Johnny Depp starred in a musical called Cry Baby, I thought it was absolutely horrible.

But there are numerous musicals that are just wonderful - Chicago, Moulin Rouge, Across the Universe, Sweeny Todd, West Side Story, Rent and The Little Shop of Horrors to name a few.

-bows down and worships your awesomeocity-

Jude from Across the Universe is sexy. Johnny Depp as Sweeney was utter brilliance. West Side Story and Moulin Rouge. Eh. Not as much, I fell asleep during those. But Rent the movie was really awesomeness.

I fell in love with Adam Pascal's plaid pants. xD

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:37 pm
highschool muscical i believe has finally ended im so happy please if you have any knowledge that highschool musical still survives tell me so i can complain about it some more(also i do like some musicals particularly the one that don't use the same tune over and over again even with different words(a few musicals i did like were Disney's Aladdin, sweeny todd (only because of the deadlyness of it (plus ive only seen near the ending)and a few others i don't remember the name of.  

MrSkelli

Dapper Gaian

3,800 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Window Shopper 100

DeathByCelery

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:14 pm
I enjoy (most) musicals.

A lot of people don't like musicals, which I never quite understood. Most people like movies. Most people like music. Musicals should be the perfect combo, no?

I think a love for musicals might come with maturity. When I was young, I could never sit through a musical. Now I love them...

Haven't seen the much hated/loved High School Musical. Don't plan to.

If you want to see a good musical watch The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Best songs I've heard in a musical, hands down. I doubt my mind will ever be changed on this either. Actually, I'm shocked it had not been mentioned until now.

Little Shop of Horrors and Across The Universe were good ones too. The singing and storyline of Across The Universe was much better than other Beatles musicals, such as Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band.  
Disappointing Movies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff