Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Disappointing Movies
Transformers -- Actors in Disguise Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Transformers
  Robots in Disguise!
  Gimmicks in Disguise!
  Have not seen it yet...in...disguise?
View Results

Thats Him Officer

5,050 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:14 pm
Transformers sucked, there I said it. Michael Bay does not know the difference between special effects and action sequences to storylines.
The acting by everyone (except Shia La Ba whats-his-name, he did well) was awful and hammy, yes, even John Voigt, which makes it all the more dissapointing, the cast was just a bunch of pretty faces, who seemed pretty aware of that in this film. Megatron got no valuable screen time and the fights were confusing.
On the plus side the ffects were amazing and the way the robots acted and voices were pretty good.
Even if it was straight out of the original book, a good directoer would have the sense to add more deph to it(Peter Jackson), but in a way, it's mixed blessing, better a visual effects artist like Michael Bay(yeah, he's that, NOT a director), than the guy who directed Independence Day, the Day Aftet Tomorrow, and, most horribly noted, 10,000 b.c.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:13 am
i dont understand but suppose everyones different.... I LOVED IT  

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

Octaru250
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:59 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Sorry, but I liked the movie, I enjoyed it, thought it had great CGI, good acting, and good intro to the series...

♠ ◊ ♣ ♥

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:15 pm
I have to say I am absolutely in love with the movie. I loved it, I even have a hoodie with O. Prime and Megatron on it. rofl redface

However, I admit, it had its...parts. And the acting wasn't something to scream about...Take the lead love interest...Ew. Everytime she opened her mouth I wanted to scream. And some of the script should have been edited.

But no one saw the movie for its deep story line and epic acting. They saw it for the CGI effects, the fight scene on the freeway (******** yea!) and Optimus Prime kicking Megatrons butt!  

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

ymPsiegetanK

Greedy Capitalist

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:11 pm
LorienLlewellyn
I thought the movie was cute, and I think Shia LaBouf is great. Wasn't it a kid's cartoon before? Now it's a teenage movie? Seems fitting to me. And yes, there were a few little goofy things in the plot, such as the giant robots in the backyard, but I think that was fitting too as cheesy as it may be. I mean, I don't think it was ever supposed to be a dense, dark, serious, 100% adult movie, was it?

Wait, where is the cute part?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:13 am
when the robots hide and one climbs through the window was for humor
not for some dork to sit there and say "THAT COULDN'T HAPPEN!!!!"
really?
cuz I thought a 2 ton alien robot disguised as a mustang was realalistic
its a movie its not supposed to be realistic  

Bebop McFly

x--stevee--x

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:42 am
i thought the special effects were really great, but the bad writing and the bad acting really annoyed me!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:42 pm
I loved it! Micahel Bay rocks...i mean he's like sooo american with his movies. idk how to explain it...it's weird. I mean...he filmed transformers in pasadena...i eat at the burger king where he flips over on his bike...(it's colorado blvd!) HaHa...anyway. It rocked...and then when he made teh rock...that movie was awesome...he has these themes....okay why am i talking about bay? i liked the movie...it had a good plot i think...can't wait for parte deux!  

morbid_beauty

The Dark Archer
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:23 pm
I have to say transformers rocked. But I do agree Optimist Prime was the past actors and hes not even real D=  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:25 am
I thought it was pretty good.....  

Black Vine

3,350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Ishachanmeow

Headstrong Bookworm

19,050 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:48 am
meh... I could have done w/o Shia, I just really don't care for him... The script was very short on the human side of things. Pretty faces don't make good actors, those are called models. Otherwise, its an action flick, more fighting!! I liked it, but I also won't be seeing the 2nd one in theaters~  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:09 pm
Transformers was a great movie overall. I think the actors were great especially (smokin MEGAN FOX) damn she could be the next angelina jolie. Plus she has great breast.  

Black-Ninja01

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:39 pm
rolleyes I have to say that my verdict still stands from before...
I just can't get into the Transformers hype.
With the second one coming out, I already feel the immense amount of overkill that came with the first one.
People are already starting to talk about the movie as if it's already out...
Bah. Michael Bay is a trainwreck in Hollywood. xP  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:57 pm
Bebop McFly
when the robots hide and one climbs through the window was for humor
not for some dork to sit there and say "THAT COULDN'T HAPPEN!!!!"
really?
cuz I thought a 2 ton alien robot disguised as a mustang was realalistic
its a movie its not supposed to be realistic

There's departing from realism as a premise and then the generally accepted idea of sticking with certain elements of realism in order to allow the suspension of disbelief that is neccessary for the film. Transformers doesn't have a handle on this second part, and the characters themselves are just used as props to get to the next action scene. Some motive, depth, would allow us a greater empathy with the characters, and maintain the balance of realism and 'is this a video game advert?'  

loIitoads

fistful_of_Clint

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:42 pm
It was entertaining I didn't pay to see it so I'm glad  
Disappointing Movies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items