Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Disappointing Movies
Harry Potter and its Disappointing Turnout Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:28 pm
i just enjoy watchin the magic it is missin alot but yeah i like it  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:42 am
Harry Potter has been totally played out in my opinion.  

kt_tashee_xoxo

knightofthe21stcentury

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:04 pm
God Daniel Radcliff sucks.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:15 pm
Honestly, I think the films are considerably better than the books they're based upon.

Rowling isn't a particularly good writer, and the world she created really isn't all that deep. Reading a Harry Potter book feels like reading 100 pages of important scenes scattered amongst 700 pages of pointless filler. I often hear fans complaining about how the movies cut out "important scenes", but in my mind, the movies have cut out every pointless diversion and left me with the simple, entertaining plot.  

GilAskan

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:22 pm
So far the only good movies out of this series was PoA. and GoF. And even The Goblet of fire wasn't that good.

They left out so much.

And I found Half Blood Prince to be the most disappointing so far. The first one had terrible acting and the characters didnt look like they were really supposed to but HBP was just...There was so much left out. PoA had most of everything from the book in the movie, GoB was lacking alot but HBP..Omg... I felt that they should have pulled an LOTR and given us an Extended edition. Because at the rate these books are going (getting longer and longer) so do the movies, and if they're not willing to make the movies longer, or to put out an extended edition of said movie then they just shouldnt be making these movies.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:30 pm
sankapoo
They left out so much....

and if they're not willing to make the movies longer, or to put out an extended edition of said movie then they just shouldnt be making these movies.

Maybe my memory needs refreshing...

Name ONE scene that is CRITICAL to the plot that they took out.  

GilAskan

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:58 am
GilAskan
sankapoo

and if they're not willing to make the movies longer, or to put out an extended edition of said movie then they just shouldnt be making these movies.

The Ending of GoF What happens to Whats her face? Reeta. Remember she could transform into a Lady Bug. Which is how she got her reports. This was never mentioned in the movie, nor how Hermione trapped her and kept her in a jar.

The last movie...I dont remember exactly what they cut out from the book but I remember the movie being very choppy. And for both the forth and the fifth they should have made them longer or atleast given us an extended edition.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:12 pm
sankapoo
GilAskan
sankapoo

The Ending of GoF What happens to Whats her face? Reeta. Remember she could transform into a Lady Bug. Which is how she got her reports. This was never mentioned in the movie, nor how Hermione trapped her and kept her in a jar.

The Rita Skeeter subplot falls under the "extremely unimportant" bracket in my mind. In the book, it was a pointless diversion that did little to affect Harry's Tri-Wizard involvement, nor did it advance or explore any character's depth.  

GilAskan

xXDragon FoxXx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:15 pm
Honestly I stopped watching 5 when Harry started teaching...I personally do not LOVE the books...I will throw them in a fire to keep warm but they are ok to me, not something I am into I guess  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:52 am
PPl have got to stop expectin these movies to be like the books look at every other movie thats been made after the book........ NOTHING LKE THEM  

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:52 am
I'm not saying they all have to be exactly like the books. They've done a good job at getting the main important parts down I'm just saying if they're going to make these movies they should make an extended edition too. If they did it for LOTR why the hell cant the do it for Harry Potter?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:48 pm
sankapoo
I'm not saying they all have to be exactly like the books. They've done a good job at getting the main important parts down I'm just saying if they're going to make these movies they should make an extended edition too. If they did it for LOTR why the hell cant the do it for Harry Potter?
THEY??? they is a lot of different ppl and alot of different companies everyone does it different. Peter Jackson is a kiwi thats why he did it  

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

x--stevee--x

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:30 am
personally i really love the books and i really love the movies. i thought the movies were really good considering how much they had to condensed. obviously the filmakers cant put every little detail in to the films, and it still has to be cohesive enough so that people who havent read the books will still enjoy it and understand it. overall i think they were very well done  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:09 pm
sankapoo
If they did it for LOTR why the hell cant the do it for Harry Potter?

Because Harry Potter is reliant on child actors, and there are laws about how much child actors can work daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly. Accumulating footage for an extended edition would take a significant amount more time (due to laws about how much the child actors can work), which would ultimately screw with the continuity. As teenagers, their bodies change FAST. Working on an extended edition would take more time, which means there would be greater discrepancies of how the actors look.  

GilAskan

deidara-senpie-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:34 pm
it was a dissapointment gonk  
Disappointing Movies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items