Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Vampires o.O Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pepper79

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:57 pm
crazy_angel123456
pepper79
I am just sarting Eclipse and its really good stephanie has me consantly reading and thinking about her saga, and for ur question it would probably be a group of girl vampires trying to find one their lost vimpires who has found love with a human guy

you idea is similar to twilight but not exactly...that is a very good idea and i would go for it all the way!
Ya... but I have no patience but i have another cool story but i don't feel like retyping it  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:31 pm
Anise Puppet Master
I know it's off topic but have you noticed that second movies tend to have sex in them?
i actually have noticed tht:] hehe  

AT0MiC_P3ANuT

StarryNyghtSky

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:07 am
i've nvr seen any vampire movies (sigh, i know thats sad) but i do like the idea of vampires, and their mythology and stuff.
currently i am writing a story abt vampires, there are these 15yrold twins, and their father is a vamp, but their mother is human (i swear i was writing this before breaking dawn came out, i was furious becasue now if i ever get published ppl will have this preconception of what vampire babies are like, yaddayaddayadda. stare ) and they accidentally run into fellow vamps who have a history with each other, and some of the twins'friends, so basically they all try to save their friends from the rath of ppl who died hundreds of years ago. kinda dull right now but i'm working on it.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:48 am
StarryNyghtSky
i've nvr seen any vampire movies (sigh, i know thats sad) but i do like the idea of vampires, and their mythology and stuff.
currently i am writing a story abt vampires, there are these 15yrold twins, and their father is a vamp, but their mother is human (i swear i was writing this before breaking dawn came out, i was furious becasue now if i ever get published ppl will have this preconception of what vampire babies are like, yaddayaddayadda. stare ) and they accidentally run into fellow vamps who have a history with each other, and some of the twins'friends, so basically they all try to save their friends from the rath of ppl who died hundreds of years ago. kinda dull right now but i'm working on it.

Wow, tha-that is really cool, im currently not writing anything because i want to read books before i create stories..after i finish a book, i go right to my sketch pad and just..write  

AT0MiC_P3ANuT

monkey_bubbles_1995

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:55 am
the Twilight series was awesome and im looking forward to the movie.......ive seen the underworld movies and they are pretty good and the lost boys were good to  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:27 am
StarryNyghtSky
currently i am writing a story abt vampires....

Please, for the love of Joss, if you do... DO PLENTY OF RESEARCH FIRST. At least you sound like you know something. It breaks my heart that the Twilight books are so popular and are considered a "vampire story" when Stephenie Meyer has no idea what a vampire is and has never done any research, not even seen a vampire movie.

It'll make you a better/more appreciated writer if you know what you're writing about before you start, promise!  

onagakami

A Slave To The Moon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:35 pm
One of my favrite vampire movie is Moon Child. A jap. movie about a vampire that gets involved with the mob. its awsome!!! xp  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:40 pm
onagakami
StarryNyghtSky
currently i am writing a story abt vampires....

Please, for the love of Joss, if you do... DO PLENTY OF RESEARCH FIRST. At least you sound like you know something. It breaks my heart that the Twilight books are so popular and are considered a "vampire story" when Stephenie Meyer has no idea what a vampire is and has never done any research, not even seen a vampire movie.

It'll make you a better/more appreciated writer if you know what you're writing about before you start, promise!

ok vampires are fantasy you can make them how ever you want....they dont have to be the normal cant go in the sun, gets killed by stakes garlic and crosses vampires that there normaly are......you can make them what ever you want......like stephenie meyer did......you dont have to follow tradition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! scream  

monkey_bubbles_1995

onagakami

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:54 pm
monkey_bubbles_1995
ok vampires are fantasy you can make them how ever you want....they dont have to be the normal cant go in the sun, gets killed by stakes garlic and crosses vampires that there normaly are......you can make them what ever you want......like stephenie meyer did......you dont have to follow tradition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! scream

Well, no, actually, you can't just make up anything you want, or else they wouldn't be recognizable as "vampires." That would be like writing a story about centaurs and using the word "centaur" a lot, but then saying they weren't part-horse... what's the point of that? If you completely ignore tradition, why bother using a traditional word to describe it? Why not just make up a new name?

While it's a good thing to tweak the rules sometimes (like Buffy, or Underworld, or Blade did) to keep those traditions from being boring, you can't ignore everything people are familiar with -- that's just bad writing.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:13 am
Interview With The Vampire was awesome based on what I think is the greatest Vampire series of books ever, The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice & from what I've heard about Twighlight (a lot) most of the things about those vamps were in the Chronicles 1st (came out in the 70s). They can't be killed by stakes, they can look at crucifixes, they can lie off animal blood, there was teenage vamps (even a child vamp), they can only be killed by Sunlight (unless they are ancient,it takes longer) & fire.  

Callipygia

Sylvannas

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:15 am
Anise Puppet Master
Sylvannas
Blade was good.

Blade 2 was ok.

Blade: Trinity wasn't so great.

Is it me, or do films usually get steadily worse after the first? Interview with the Vampire was pretty good. Bit of a crap ending to it though.

They do get worse which is why the third movie is supposed to bring the audience back.
And yet, they always seem to fail. I wonder if they'll even bother with an AvP-3. I mean, the first was bad, the second was appauling. What do they have left...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:19 am
onagakami
monkey_bubbles_1995

Well, no, actually, you can't just make up anything you want, or else they wouldn't be recognizable as "vampires." That would be like writing a story about centaurs and using the word "centaur" a lot, but then saying they weren't part-horse... what's the point of that? If you completely ignore tradition, why bother using a traditional word to describe it? Why not just make up a new name?

While it's a good thing to tweak the rules sometimes (like Buffy, or Underworld, or Blade did) to keep those traditions from being boring, you can't ignore everything people are familiar with -- that's just bad writing.
I don't think there IS a "traditional vampire". I mean, in nearly every story they're different and have weaknesses/strengths that they may or may not have in others. Sure you keep the pointy teeth and the thirst for blood, but that's pretty much it. Anything else is down to the way you decide it.  

Sylvannas

Radijs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:11 am
The idea of a traditional vampire depends at what tradition you're looking at.
Looking at movie history:

You've got the classical Nosferatu who was really a monster.

Later on came the image of a vampire in a long cloak and evening wear, aka Dracula.

Then as the genre grew in popularity and more authors began to get involved the meme began to split up to a point where the vampires grew in to a very wide species.

The complexity is added to because the idea of a vampire is not a single fixed thing, it has never been. The vampire legend came into existance from a wide range of folklore and legends. So even in the early days before Bram Stoker you'd have a lot of diffrent opinions about what a vampire is or is not, how they are made and what power and limitations they have.

A trend that has been evolving ever since I think Interview with a Vampire is that there are a lot of them and that, contrary to what has been depicted in the older movies where they where still mostly solitary creatures.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:35 am
the lost boys was really cool  

jok3r_aura

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:21 am
I love Vampire movies i own tones heres some and i love them all:
Queen of the Damned
Lost Boys
Blade 1 2 3
Underworld! + 2 (did u know they makin a 3rd!!!!!!!!!!)
Van Helsing
30 days of Night
Forsaken

T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out