Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
The Mummy 3 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should have stopped at 2?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Post Coital Cookie
Captain

Bloblike Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:36 am
When I saw the preview and there was now Rachel, I knew without a doubt the movie would suck and I wouldn't be dropping any dough to see it.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:34 pm
I thought the idea of the third movie was good. But they messed it up when the replaced the chick who played Evee (sp?) And there's a long list of reasons... a few being that, it was actually mentioned in one of the 1st two movies that Evee was half eygptian. The orginal evee looked it. The replacement did not. And then there's the fact that the replacement looked to old, and she just didn't seem to fit.....

I wouldn't wast money buying the third. Nice idea, messed it up by replacing Evee. Personally I think it would have been better if they just killed Evee off. Or something like that.

Rant Over.  

GeekWhistle

Gwion Vaughn

Shameless Man-Lover

38,550 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:15 am
It was pretty, but the dialog and plot were terrible. Give me more Jet Li and Michelle Yeoh fighting things and less boring and unappealing romantic leads. Give me more snark and less vomit!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:03 pm
i liked the 1st and 2nd one  

XxYaya-chanxX

2,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:15 pm
yeah the 1st 2 were cool but rachel weiss probably helped with that shes quite cool... I liked her in constatine!!!!!!!

I thought the rock looked weird as the scorpian king though in the 2nd movie.... he looked more animated  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:45 pm
GreenePony
The plot holes drove me nuts. And the years just didn't match up for Alex (they took some liberties on his situation too).
*spoiler*

The biggest plot hole I saw: We established that both the mother and daughter are immortal at the beginning and they even said they could not age, correct? If the mother was made 'immortal' while pregnant, how could she give birth, AND how could the daughter conveniently age to be 19 or so and then stop despite several thousand years passing? I'm sure this was just a plot device to show her maturity but how could the mother develop grey streaks when she cannot age? If they were to say they aged slowly then it would be slightly less objectionable but as it stands it was completely and utterly foolish.

It seemed to me they threw a script together, and I really fail to see how this is more 'historically accurate' then previous Mummy movies. They all seemed rather silly in that respect but even as an Archeology major I still enjoy them (the first two at least) for mere entertainment.

Yeah I questioned that too. When I saw that grey streak I was thinking, wtf? What happened to the immortality? And I just assumed that she became an immortal after giving birth and decided to let her daughter become immortal as well when she reached a suitable age. But another part that annoyed me was when she was summoning the dead from beneath the wall. I wished she had done the chanting in Chinese rather than in English, it would've made more sense.  

Bartimaeus13

10,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200

Organization13_Larxene

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:44 pm
it's not worth seeing (for the exception of jet li)  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:05 am
I thought it was very very cheesy...untastefully cheesy. The storyline was just the same as the other movies, and the actress who played Evy was dreadful...really dreadful...she wasn't even anything similar to Rachel Weisz. I thought it was a really stupid idea to pick another actress. They either shouldn't have made the movie, or just written Evy out of the story somehow.
I ADORE the first Mummy movie, but the 2nd was a let down...and the 3rd was even worse.  

Shadow__Dweller

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:07 pm
XxYaya-chanxX
i liked the 1st and 2nd one

You know I used to love the first and second one, but I saw the first one again recently, homg. So silly. I was like..O_O How did I enjoy this? stressed

Oh well, I still haven't seen the third one and I never plan to. It looked to silly and just...not funny.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:24 am
I haven't seen it yet. I don't think i'm going to since the preview didn't look that good. I loved the first 2 though. I think the first one was the best.  

Paranormal Dreamz

Tobias Mule

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:49 am
I'm not a fan of it either. It did have its moments but not enough.
I was fine with the way things left off in two. And three's plot seemed a bit erratic to me. Some of the things were completely random, like the yetis.
I only saw three to satisfy my curiosity about it. I won't be getting it to own or anything.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:36 am
I think the should have stopped at the second one, probably because the wasn't anymore Rachel Weisz as Evelyn Carnahan and I really liked her........  

wellie93

kona68

8,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:59 pm
Definitely not as good as 1 and 2. I went to see Jet Li and Michelle Yeoh. I just saw the Terra Cotta Soldiers in China right before the movie came out, so I wanted to see them in the movie. Unfortunately, the plot was very weak. Too bad.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:33 am
I saw the first 2 and I'd have to say I'm not a fan... I wont be seeing this one at all... I did only wanna see this one because of Jet Li  

Ishachanmeow

Headstrong Bookworm

19,050 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Waffles! 25

iMindless Cookie

Dapper Shopper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:44 am
Apparently- their making movies 4- 5- and 6 of The Mummy. I mean- i thought the 3rd was okay- it just seemed very cheesy at some parts..and there was too much backround music. I also didn't like the computer animation. It was too update and didn't look good like the 1 and 2 did. I also didn't like the new girl playing Evee.

T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff