Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Disappointing Movies
OMG!!! What has this world come to! WHERES THE SCARY!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think about Mirrors?
IT SUCKED!!!
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
Your crazy I LOVED IT!!!
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
It was alright I guess >_<
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

MCT257

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:58 pm
The Ruins stare ...BIGGEST LOAD OF CRAP EVER scream
wait...it's actually the 2nd biggest load of crap ever..Black Christmas is THE BIGGEST LOAD OF CRAP EVER scream
the first was so bad it was funny the later is being sued for 2hrs of my life  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:29 am
What's the Ruins about? Never heard of that one.

And BC was awful, but funny too.  

Post Coital Cookie
Captain

Bloblike Loiterer

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:32 am
I havent seen either of them 2 But I like horros scary or not i like the suspence if thats what youd call it  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:55 am
the ring wasn`t that scary.  

kt_tashee_xoxo

Thats Him Officer

5,050 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:51 pm
Movies have stopped being scary since SAW came out, now movies such as SAW, Hostel, Hills Have Eyes, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, they are not scary, Hostel especially is a piece of s**t, they depend on blood and gore to be the backbone of scary. Now I like blood and gore but there is no point to it if it isn't scary!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:40 pm
1. i hate scary movies
2. i'm kinda afraid of mirriors
3. the Film Mirrors did not look scary what so ever. i could make a better scary movie about mirrors ( but i guess i already know whats scary)  

Rishon

Post Coital Cookie
Captain

Bloblike Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:47 am
A movie that involved mirrors that was actually scary was the Candyman. Still can't say it 3 times in a mirror without getting a lil freaked.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:43 pm
Oh. Mirrors was good. Ryan Ross boy, ftw. xD

The Happening was good, not scary. (But, hey, it's an M. Night. Shamalan film, so what do you expect?)

The Ruins was the most idiotic movie ever.
I mean, couldn't they(Spoiler: highlight to read.) just toss theweeds down the pyramid and hit people with it? I mean, there should be enough weeds to make a little ball of like a piece and toss one handful at a time at the Mexican people. Until all of them were dead. Were they that stupid?

Shutter was a really good movie. The ending was cute. xD

One really stupid movie was The Messengers.

I mean, really.
[sarcasm]
Ooh. I'm soooo scared of sunflowers...

I mean, really!

[/sarcasm]  

Darkqueen48

DeathByCelery

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:30 pm
I actually liked The Happening. It wasn't scary, but it was at least semi-original.

The Messengers sucked. Waste of my money to rent it. Hostel also sucked. I was so dissapointed! I usually enjoy Tarentino's movies. It really didn't have much of a storyline. It was just one person being tortured after another.

I actually enjoyed the Descent though, so maybe you want to check that one out, if you haven't already.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:34 pm
The Happening was terrible. They killed off the only interesting character early on. Daschel and Wahlberg were painfully bland. The whole concept was badly thought out and executed.  

Clockwork Alchemist

Swashbuckling Bibliophile

37,325 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Fearsome 200

JuilianFai

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:43 am
Does anyone else notice that nowadays all the 'scary' movies are just no-plot gore flicks? I know there's the gore genre and there's the horror genre, but since when are they the same thing!? I'm not the biggest fan of scary movies, I lost a lot of my tolerance for them when I hit like..my senior year in highschool, but I like movies like The Grudge, where it's freaky to watch but there isn't much blood. I don't mind the SAW series, I have the first one on DVD, but after the second one I just couldn't take it anymore!! Those movies aren't scary, they're just gross!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:45 am
JuilianFai
Does anyone else notice that nowadays all the 'scary' movies are just no-plot gore flicks? Those movies aren't scary, they're just gross!!

This is an old trend that's now regaining popularity. Gore-heavy shock-flicks were originally very popular in the late seventies, and gradually lost popularity moving towards the mid eighties. The trend has only just come back this decade, but it's already waning. I suspect we'll see the trend again 25 years from now, and then again 25 years after that.  

GilAskan

JuilianFai

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:10 am
I watched The Unborn last week, and this movie, also fails.
I'm curious to see The Undead [?] the one that just came out in theatres, but if its anything like the last....six or so 'scary movie critics are raving about' then it's going to be awful. Seriously. Waste of ********' money people.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:20 am
Same thing I've been thinking, it's strange that all the horror or scary movies
these days are not up to what I expect. Maybe I'm getting old
and the movies just don't scare me anymore like they used to when I was
younger.

T3h Antek

Katai Rei Kun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:08 pm
A quick overview of the movies mentioned that i've seen. More of what i think of them, than what theyre about:
*Mirrors - Wasnt as bad as i thought it would be (yay amy smart kinda nude.. best part of the movie) The mirror part made it exciting and the demon kinda fit in. The ending was off. cool gore though.
*The Grudge 1&2- Japanese remake that has a few sequels (in japan). Its ok. A little scary. Better attempt than most nowadays.
*The Alien(s) movies - Theyre ok. More hardcore than AVP. This series is timeless. It will always be around. To be liked this much after years of being made says it all.
*Freddy vs Jason - Two big names that get into a lame cat fight. What a waste of money (just my opinion).
*The Happening - I love that movie. Its not too far fetched and thats what makes it unique. M Nights movies are always being frowned upon but i believe hes a great story teller.
*30 Days of Night - It was its own story. Taken from a comic book. I was the only one to like it out of all my friends that have seen it. I hear the comic series is good.
*The Ruins - This movie was well done. A good story with a decent twist. Made after a novel of the same name.
*The Ring - Another Japanese remake that has a few sequels in Japan. I prefer the grudge cause the ring wasnt as thrilling. The ghost chick on the ceiling with the shadowy hair would stomp the well dwelling zombie.
*Saw series - The first couple were ok. now theyre milking it. The only reason im watching them still is to see different ways of people dying... like the story has.
*Hostel series - I like the idea. Freaky for people who travel a lot. I wouldnt doubt crap like this takes place around the world.
*The Hills Have Eyes - The only part of that movie that got to me was the rape scene. Other than that it was just a bunch of mutated Hillbillies that think the world owes them something. eeeeeeew.
*Texas chainsaw massacre - This one is somewhat based on true events. The remake in 2003 was kinda cool. The killings, skin wearing, and the farm are true. (not the chainsaw, not texas) .. look up ed gein.
*Candyman - Its been some time since i've seen this movie. As raging said "A movie that involved mirrors that was actually scary was the Candyman. Still can't say it 3 times in a mirror without getting a lil freaked." same here
*The Messengers - It was something to kill time watching. Was it meant to be scary? LoL

Sorry to kinda rant

Disappointing Movies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces