Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Serious Conversations
Death... What does it mean to you, do you fear it, and why? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Death is to you...
Only natural.
84%
 84%  [ 85 ]
Horrible...
7%
 7%  [ 8 ]
A thrill
7%
 7%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 101

Demond Piaculum

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:53 pm
I am no longer phased by death, nor do I fear it. Sometimes I welcome death because of my tragic past.

At this modern age people live lives of joy, never actually thinking that people you know are being hurt in their own homes by the very people who should be protecting them. I have experience a life with the absolute absence of love. I was raised by a single parent, my father decided to divorce and never take any responsibility.

I believe that the woman who raised me, my mother, blamed me for what happened to her. And she ventilated all her aggression on me.

I have died, I was fed bleach, to this day I fear it. When I was laying on the floor, I could feel my heart pounding, I was scared and no one was around to save me. My stomach felt strange and I couldn't breathe...
I knew that I was going to die and finely I came to peace with everything.

The next thing that I can remember is waking up on my "bed." It consisted of a couple of blankets on the floor. I was alive, but for some reason I felt that I wasn't anymore.

Now I feel as if I'm an husk, an empty shell waiting, walking the earth seeking a resolution for my existence.

Death is a part of life, life does not end there, but the physical does. Spiritually life goes on, even though you can not see it. Do you know the darkness in your mind? The part that you fear before you go to sleep? The world is a like an iceberg. The physical world everyone can see the individuality of other, but going under the surface everyone is connected spiritually. How else can you explain the dreams of seeing people you have never seen before only to find that they do exist? Or when someone has passed away and the loved one comes to you in a dream?

Death is not a conclusion, it's just a point in existence...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:30 pm
neutral I am not afraid to die. I believe that I will go to heaven and be with my Jesus , forever to praise him. I want to go to heaven but, not right now.I have a lot of unfinished business here on earth.So, I ready to go but, not right now.  

boopsie63

Miniar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:45 am
Death to me is a perfectly natural part of existing. Everything dies. It's not something "horrible" or sad, what's "saddening" or can be, is the idea that you might not "see" the people anymore. It's the personal loss of those that survive that "can" be sad.
I view "death" as somewhat of a reset button in general. I believe in reincarnation as it seems the only logical course of action. Everything in nature is recycled, why not the energy, the chi, the soul, and whatever else you want to call it. Death is a traumatic event however, one that probably triggers all the natural defenses of the psyche that which allow us to "forget". After all, if one lifetime can host enough issues for us to be a mess, why drag around past issues as well.
I do not fear death, I fear pain and loss, and that is different.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:13 am
What is it to you?
death is death not much else to it.
this body may die but my spirit will not.

Are you afraid to die?

no, not at all

Why do you feel this way?
I feel this way because to me death is only the beginning of my new life. I died before and was reborn. it's a long story and many will never believe it so I will leave it alone for the time being.  

Lita Kuragari

Mrs_Black_Bear

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:23 am
So then... Death. The end of life. What is it to you? Being a Christian I believe "Death is only the beginning" < I dont remember where that quote comes from. I bealieve that once your physical self dies your spiritual self is freed and you get to go Live with the angels and God, Become a gaurdian or you can choose to remain on the earth as a ghost/spirit of some sort. Yes I know not all of those listed are strictly christian, but its the way I interpret things, I mean the soul has to go somewhere while we wait for His return, and thats what I think happens. 3nodding

Are you afraid to die? Nope I honestly am not afraid to die,

Why do you feel this way? I bealive this to be due to what I bealieve happens when we die.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:32 am
What is it to you?
To me death is the end of life. In my personal believes I don't think that there will be any form of an afterlife about which I am glad. Which does not mean that I don't like living. But I think one life is enough.

Are you afraid to die?
I am not afraid to die but afraid of leaving people behind that will miss me, which is above all my boyfriend. But for myself I am okay with it.

I know that the turn of his life into something good again had to do a lot with me and the idea of him being hurt by that makes me sad.
I am ok myself with it because I had a great life so far. Of course it has not been great all the time, I sure had some downtimes, but altogether I never had too much of a hard time. And I also would not whine after many things I would wanted to have to do.
I think the only hard thing is if you get to know: You will die in 3 months. That would make me nervous about it.  

hagelwetter

Tokyo Massage

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:53 am
Death is inevitable, why fear it?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:48 pm
Death is a natural progression from life to the afterlife wherever you believe that is. I am not afraid of death, but some methods of dying can be quite long and drawn out (painful), which I don't wish for anyone.  

Creator Nan

chibibba

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:53 pm
Death is a long long looong sleep after a very long day..

i dont fear it... there's no need to fear this
its just a phase in our lives that we all have to go through. cheese_whine  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:25 pm
Death is a part of being alive! I personally believe that it is a journey we all take, those who have died before us have gone on ahead, we will catch up with them soon... We miss them, but it is just a seperation.

As for my own death, I am not afraid of the fact, just the how. I pray that it is quick and easy for myself and my loved ones...if it will not be easy for me, then I pray that I am given the strength to make it as easy on my loved ones as possible. I have given fair warning to my family that I will not fight for my life with expensive risky procedures...I believe that sometimes you have to say enough is enough and leave it in God's capable hands.

Why do I believe this way? 50 years of thoughtful observation, watching the comings and goings of life..... the ebb and the flow. I am not rabidly religious, just thoughtfully so. I see a greater than human hand in all of this. And if I am wrong, then death is a long sleep with no waking....not a bad ending either.  

LilacBreezes

RadicalEd

Aged Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:59 pm
So then... Death. The end of life. What is it to you?
Just a stopping point. Because of my beliefs death is just a part of our existence here on earth. It is necessary to be resurrected and to become like God. I don't mourn the loss of the ones I love, I have never even cried after someone has died. That may sound terrible but to me it's just like they moved to New York, and I'm not going to be able to visit them for awhile. It's not a loss for me, just a delay.

Are you afraid to die?
This is a big fat resounding yes. I don't want to be, and I am not affecting when the people around me die for some reason, but I am afraid of dying myself. I can't quite explain it.

Because of my church, because of my beliefs. I believe in God and eternity and all that stuff. So it is easy for me to accept death and the loss of a loved one because they're not really gone. It is sad that I don't get to enjoy my life on this earth with them in it any longer, but I know that I'll see them again.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:31 pm
The thought of dying ... makes me really freaking sad, and terribly afraid. I don't want to do it. I know it's inevitable and it can happen anytime but it scares me to think about everything I'll leave behind. I live with someone I love, and most days I know he just tolerates me but I'd miss him if I were gone. And my kids, I couldn't stand to be away from them. I love them. This place isn't perfect but there are so many beautiful and great things and I don't want to lose those little things. It scares me because what if there's nothing else after this? It just blacks out and then nothing. The thought of nothing scares me. It scares me like the infinity of black space scares me. Gah, just thinking about it is already making me cry.  

Wendy Essex

Intergalactic Saint

15,000 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Noble Shade 100

Sir_Bors

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:29 am
What is death to you?
To me, death is inevitable. Everyone will eventually die. Me, you, or anyone else will leave his/her name whether or not it would be remembered. Death itself is the "end of our contract" in the world. As a believer of catholicism, I believe that death is just a bridge from our mortal life to the afterlife.

Do you Fear Death?
No. Death is inevitable; whether it will be now or tomorrow.. nobody knows. Death is like a thief in the darkest night. We'll never know when or where it will appear to us.

Death is inevitable. Every living thing will die anyway. We should be prepared to face our own death and afterlife in our own belief. At least, we should be responsible for what we had done...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:24 am
death is just another step for our svadarma...  

Satsu - kun 13

Soulfire29

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:08 pm
What is death to you?

Death is my final escape from this life

Do you fear death?

I welcome it.

Why do you feel that way?

Because I belief that my body is keeping my soul captured.It restricts my soul from soaring,it wears me down and stresses me out.
I'm longing for the time when i have nothing to desire or want anymore and finally be freed from all pressure and pain.

This being said,i'm not emo or suicidal.Trust me.  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff