Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ska Hippie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:48 pm
User Image
I live near Ani Difranco's hometown
3nodding

Uhm.. I like 3rd wave ska, some less-poppy 90's punk bands, classic rock, some grunge, techno/trance/dance...Just about anything, really
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:14 am
irrelavant
Ani pulled one of those "oh hey look I'm not a lesbian anymore" deals. Almost like she was banking on being a lesbian to catch a certain niche in the music industry that had a severe lack of catering to. But low and behold, she's married to a man now. Eh...

Despite the drama attached I do have to agree that her songwriting is second to none for the genre it falls into.

I dunno - I never saw Ani as a lesbian. I think she makes it pretty clear in her music that she's bisexual (c'mon - In Or Out? Schoolnight? Light of Some Kind?). Buut, I digress. I still think she's darn talented. razz I really love her political stuff too like Every State Line, Fuel, etc.  

adirtyhippy

MaskedIntrovert

4,200 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:16 am
I have a really odd collection of music. Ranging from heavy metal, to orchestra music, or a even a mix of both! I also have rock, African, J-pop/rock, celtic... etc A very odd mix. One thing I -DON'T- listen to is Country, but I think that has to do with my childhood instead of personal tastes.

My favorite bands/singers are, Aquabats, Aqua, Fiona Apple, and Savage Garden.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:40 am
I'm quite odd meself...
I have a large variety, and I stay open minded in music.
I like the 50's 60's 70's 80's 90's, new music, classical, opera, rock (all of them really), pop, drum n bass, reggae, jazz, acid jazz, folk(Japanese, Celtic)... as I said... I like plenty... except my country's new songs, that's bull...

Lup

Vaihingen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:09 am
I like victorian industrial, which honestly, I haven't heard of anyone else on this site being into. That said, I of course love Tori Amos as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:29 am
I like Ani Defranco

I like to keep an open mind when it comes to music.
I'm a musician and i love to hear new things and learn about anything new.
My playlist is so jumbled with random and varied types of stuff.
My favorite would probably be jazz though since i play the saxophone.
So yeah i'll listen to just about anything even country and polka music.  

MHHornfreak

Fashionable Conversationalist

14,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Wendy Essex

Intergalactic Saint

15,000 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:06 am
Yeah my musical tastes vary like whoa.

80's New Wave, 80's and 90's Alternative, Grunge, College Rock, Classic Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Folk, Emo, Techno, Trance, Motown, Ska, Reggaeton, Reggae, Blues, Salsa, Spanish Guitar, even some Punjabi.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:07 am
I was raised with 80's hair bands, so I enjoy them as well as other rock bands, J-rock/pop (mainly Miyavi), indie, and otherwise...

I will admit I even enjoy some of the Jonas Brothers stuff.....(if i had a daughter she'd probably feel like the luckiest girl in the world -.- ) but its not very shocking being that I am a Hanson fan, and have been since they came out in 97'  

XRavelinaX

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:09 am
I'll listen to pretty much anything but the majority of country music songs.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:27 am
damn im the only to list this so far i am a huge fan of hip hop jay-z kanye west and so on
i like experimental, break-beat, garage,drum and bass and r&b
my fave artist are m.i.a, santogold, aaliyah, timbaland, pharrell and so on
i actually am a big fan of timbaland plus i help run his fan club  

blubombay

3,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

adirtyhippy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:02 am
blubombay
damn im the only to list this so far i am a huge fan of hip hop jay-z kanye west and so on
i like experimental, break-beat, garage,drum and bass and r&b
my fave artist are m.i.a, santogold, aaliyah, timbaland, pharrell and so on
i actually am a big fan of timbaland plus i help run his fan club

You're not the only fan of hip-hop! biggrin My favorite rapper EVER is Cannibus, then Talib Kweli, Mos Def, The Roots. And even stuff like Jin is interesting, a little BEP here or there... XP Hee!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:19 pm
Stuff from the 60s through to the 80s (around 1989 it started to get really rubbish though - and I haven't really bothered with pop since then).

Soundtracks, be it Disney, Warners, Inspector Gadget / Mysterious Cities of Gold...

Sonic the Hedgehog video game music...

Strange enough? smile

DW  

Warnersister

fatal_GRACE

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:41 pm
I don't think I've heard of Ani DiFranco, but to give you an idea, ehre are my top 5 favorite bands (In no particular order):

Tool
Electric Six (Mostly just their first album)
Depeche Mode
Jethro Tull
Interpol  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:06 pm
My favourite genres include Circuit Bending, Death Metal, Drone, Grindcore, Digital Hardcore, Gabba, Glitch, (some) Hardcore, Hip-Hop,(Intelligent) Indie, Industrial, Jungle, Metalcore, Minimalist Electronica, Motown, Noise, (some) Nu-Metal, Rapcore/Rap-Metal, Ska

I make noise/gabba/.wavcore/digital hardcore/qwertycore (mix and match) music myself - even got a 3 track 'ep' available free online (just like every other electronic 'musician' eh? rolleyes )  

Eiji

5,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Heartless-Revenge

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:13 pm
I ask everyone(meaning just my friends, lol) if they know Apocolyptica but they don't. I'm shocked anyone knows them. I only learned of them cause I was going around youtube. I love them cause it shows that cellos don't always have to be classical music(I play the cello so this bugs me, lol). I like listening to 80-90's songs mostly cause I hate the rap of now-a-day.  
Music Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff