Submit

gold
thanks
100%
 100%  [ 41 ]
Total Votes : 41

Etoile de la Mer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:01 pm
I saw my own mother go through something like this. My brother used to yell and scream at her all the time. She refused to "air dirty laundry in public" and didn't do anything, even when he did physically attack her.

Senior abuse is not uncommon, sadly. There are agencies set up for this and you can call social sevices. He might, if they come out and investigate his behavior, get the idea that what he is doing has serious consequences and the authorities are already paying attention.

Knowing abusers, though, it might backfire on you and he'll just threaten you to not tattle again.

I think the finding a roommate situation might be the best. You could also look into finding a small efficiency appartment near a college campus. The roommate might give you the oportunity to move to a better housing situation. Many students, working people, and others look for roommates to share a house.You could also look for a roommate at the local senior's center. I know that quite a few seniors look for roommates because their husbands/wives ect. have passed away. I remember one poor lady who was blind and when her live-in companion got killed in a car wreck had to go live in a home because no one would move in with her and help her do things like cook and buy groceries. She was really a sweet lady.

You could also get a job as a house sitter and get paid for sleeping over at other people's houses. I don't know about your area, but in mine we don't have enough.

If you do contact the senior center, they might have resources that could help you. Just be presistant. The people that answer the phone are often volunteers who don't know a whole lot.

You have some options.

If you want to change your son, it won't happen. Maybe in a few years, but for now he's dangerous. I wish I could give you survival tips, but the best I can do is tell you. Don't confront him or act in any way like you are dismissing him or ignoring him. This will set off his temper. No one like people to walk away from them while they are speaking and someone with a violent temper will take it even worse. My mother tried crying and begging, which didn't work either, as you probably already know.

Make arrangements to move and tell your son that you are moving out and he is not welcome to come with you. If you can stay away for just two months, he will get evicted and you can move back. You could talk this over with the landlord along with an explaination about why you are being forced to take this step.

The one thing I do know. You do not keep this hidden. It makes it far worse. People are out there to help you, but you have to reach out to them and give them the truth. The landlord probably won't want to go through an eviction process, but he will also understand your circumstances and come up with a way to avoid the eviction.

Good luck!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:45 am
You should look into some kind of liveing facility for you.
Find someplace that will take you. Then move and not tell your son ware you moved to.
Its hard yes but he has to become a man somehow.  

twotees

Aphroditespell

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:02 am
is there any way you can move to another apartment inside the same complex. Perhaps the list would be shorter there. Then the landlord could give him the option of keeping your apartment for himself.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:57 pm
And, you know, there's programs in place that help people who are being abused. In Colorado, for instance, there's TESSA. Confidential. Comfortable. Even ready with a few references or a place to stay!

You can get out.  

Harbone
Crew

Advice Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out