Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
Who doesn't look their age? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Our generation rules!
And you know it!
100%
 100%  [ 181 ]
Total Votes : 181

Toker Rockett

3,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:40 am
Well, I'll love it when I'm over 30 but right now, I would love to look my age. lol  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:49 am
Well you can legally get carded even up to my age, getting carded is the only means for them to check if you are who you say you are and it realy has nothing to do with age.  

I Ceymore Ratz
Crew

Revered Prophet

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

andwele

Sparkly Lover

6,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:03 am
Lenorecat
But think, when we are 40, they will think we are in our 20's or 30's. It comes with some bonuses.

i agree! some of my friends make fun of me looking like im 16 even though im 21, but i always say "thats why when im 40, im going to look like im 20 + ya gonna look like... aged dust." lol  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:21 am

I ahve this problem big time, I had a bucnch of french kids think I was 15 at one point and even asked what my school uniform looked like, they started coughing on thier food when I explained I was 22 and worked for myself. That was nice it was 7 years off my age. Most people think I'm around 16-17 however. It's not too bad I guess I'll be the young looking granny aginst all thoese that look old it'll work out.

Zealand_Aquarius

Barton Sweetheart

Justifi3d Tr3ason

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:22 am
I get told I look about sixteen, it does get very aggitating.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:51 am
lol... this is too funny... but I do have the looking way younger than my age problem too... I'm 28 and just a few years ago, I went out to eat at a restaurant with my older sister and bro-in-law... and the waiter hands me a CHILDREN's MENU!!!! LOL... so just to mess with him, I ordered an alcoholic beverage!!!! At first he was all shocked that I was ordering an alcoholic drink but after he carded me, he was super embarassed!!!! LOL...  

ShengYing

Blood Raven777

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:25 am
hey i always ask my friends to guess what my age is and they are never right, they said i looked 18, one even said i was 22 but when i told them what my age actually was they were shocked and said i didn't look it, i told it has a comment and left it, man i would love to be that age again  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:10 pm
I'm always mistaken for younger than my actual age. If I had a nickel for every time it happened I wouldn't need to come into work this week. I can actually remember just a few months ago, when I was out buying some rather violent manga, I actually got carded for it. xD It is annoying to have to constantly have an ID in one hand whenever I go somewhere, however. I suppose it will be better when I'm 35 and start getting mistaken for 20; anything beats being mistaken for 15…and male. o.o;  

YunaZeal

Imaginary Fox

Aged Dabbler

9,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:20 pm
I'm really not sure if I look my age or not. I'm generally a terrible judge of age looking at someone. I don't usually get alcohol so I don't get to see if people judge me card-worthy or not, though they're generally required to card folks who even look old enough. I still do get asked if I'm in college, and its been a while since I was in school.

When I was younger I was usually sent to do things since I seemed older, but I think that was partly I could pull off the maturity better than my friends.

I think its generally a good thing if you look younger, since you're going to look old eventually so may as well put it off biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:02 pm
I always get carded, it's because I have a baby face and am short. I'll be 25 next month, but for some reason people still seem to think I'm 18 or younger. If it wasn't for my huge boobs, I'd get 16 on a regular basis.  

Demona_Darchanjel

10,600 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Faery Nuff

Site Moderator

Magic Manifestation

36,900 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • March 2020 Collector 250
  • Wing Mastery 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:11 pm
I was a naughty underage drinker and the first time I got ID'd was on my 18th birthday! Since then I've been asked for ID to buy petrol, cigarettes, beer, well, pretty much anything you have to be over 16 to buy.

My 2 greatest ID moments were getting a kids bus ticket (under 14's only) to go for a big night out at the local club's over 25's night (I didn't get ID'd at the club) rolleyes and once, driving into a 24 hour petrol station to buy ciggies. The attendant, after having watched me drive in (which would make me at least 17), asked if I'd filled up the car (to use the pump I'd have to be 16) then asked me for ID to prove I was old enough to buy ciggarettes (over 16's only) whee

The best one I ever heard was my friends mum who got ID'd on her 52nd birthday buying wooden bbq skewers. eek

I'm convinced that people just have no idea anymore about how old people should look. 14 year olds look like they're 20 and grannies look like they're 16! We have the media and plastic surgeons to blame! xd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:26 pm
I will have to say that mine are not nearly as funny as everyone else's, however I do think they are worth some merit. I currently have braces (thank God for insurance), and I have a baby face, so I get mistaken for mid teens easily, depending on how I'm acting at the time. I've had people start to either comments on what a well behaved kid I am, to open stares when I say something either insightful or in reference to my age. This year being an election year, it's a gold mine for shocked looks when I start arguing issues. Being able to impersonate older voices adds to the fun.  

Hurricos

Tirsden

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:32 pm
jellysundae
I look younger than I am, but not by a huge amount. I'm 37 but most people think I'm 30ish. I'll give someone a look over the top of my glasses if they try and say they thought I was 25 or something though. Because that's horseshit and I don't like suck-ups xD.
But I spent most of my adult life working in a windowless box and I don't smoke, nor do I drink much.
So 20+ years of no damage caused by the sun, nicotine or alcohol has stopped me from ageing prematurely.

I feel sorry for young girls who get into a heavy smoking habit early on, because they're gonna look 10 years older than they really are by the time they hit 40 ._.

Yep, when people ask me what my secret is, I say: no smoking and stay inside. blaugh

I'm 30, most people think I'm still in college. I get a lot of 20-22 guesses. Now, if the person is online and hasn't seen a pic of me, they can sometimes guess closer, but most of the time they are blown away that I'm not in my teens (16... 14... lol... who says you have to act your age? whee ). And I get a lot of "are you really a girl?" and one dude thought I was a guy for ages just cuz I didn't say I was a girl (I was playing a WoW guy toon) and said things like "dude" and "awesome." ...What's wrong with a girl saying those things? xp

Now, when I was a lot younger, people thought I was older for ages simply because I was tall and acted mature. Boy have times changed. I'm still tall... but yeah. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:40 pm
Tirsden
jellysundae
I look younger than I am, but not by a huge amount. I'm 37 but most people think I'm 30ish. I'll give someone a look over the top of my glasses if they try and say they thought I was 25 or something though. Because that's horseshit and I don't like suck-ups xD.
But I spent most of my adult life working in a windowless box and I don't smoke, nor do I drink much.
So 20+ years of no damage caused by the sun, nicotine or alcohol has stopped me from ageing prematurely.

I feel sorry for young girls who get into a heavy smoking habit early on, because they're gonna look 10 years older than they really are by the time they hit 40 ._.

Yep, when people ask me what my secret is, I say: no smoking and stay inside. blaugh

I'm 30, most people think I'm still in college. I get a lot of 20-22 guesses. Now, if the person is online and hasn't seen a pic of me, they can sometimes guess closer, but most of the time they are blown away that I'm not in my teens (16... 14... lol... who says you have to act your age? whee ). And I get a lot of "are you really a girl?" or one person who thought I was a guy for ages just cuz I didn't say I was a girl (I was playing a WoW guy toon) and said things like "awesome." ...What's wrong with a girl saying "awesome"? xp

there's nothing wrong with it, but the way our society is, we are prone to hold disbelief on things, such as a woman playing as a guy on WoW. Looking at the ratio, every time a guy hears of a girl gamer, they go nuts. I'm guilty of it at time as well, unfortunately.  

Hurricos

Tirsden

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:44 pm
Hurricos
there's nothing wrong with it, but the way our society is, we are prone to hold disbelief on things, such as a woman playing as a guy on WoW. Looking at the ratio, every time a guy hears of a girl gamer, they go nuts. I'm guilty of it at time as well, unfortunately.

Yeah, actually back in my EverQuest days I had an alt who was a guy simply for the anonymity of it. Was nice to avoid all the flirting, though most of the girl characters were played by guys anyways. My highest level character on WoW is a girl, as are a bunch of my alts, but I kinda think my most fun ones to play are guys. 3nodding

More women should play video games! whee  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces