Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Advice Forum
What is better? Going for looks or going for personality? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is better to go for in a person? Looks or inner beauty?
Physical looks.. hey, I have to stare at them
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
Inner beauty.. Looks fade but the personality stays forever
77%
 77%  [ 84 ]
Nope, neither im just bored
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
After some alcohol, it doesnt matter
8%
 8%  [ 9 ]
Gold, monies are my friend!!!
6%
 6%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 108

Angel Of Sol

500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:48 pm
Taxi Mama
The most amazing thing about love... The person you love becomes beautiful to you! I am 40 pounds overweight, wear tank tops & men's shorts all the time, no makeup, with frizzy hair besides. And yet, my husband calls me Sexy, Gorgeous, Beautiful, etc... and I catch him staring at me googly eyed a couple of times a week, so I don't think he's fibbing. As I said, amazing!

Ok, I have to ask (because he sounds wonderful, tie him up) does he have a single brother??? 4laugh rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:51 pm
Well, I'm no oil painting myself...but still. after enough vodka it doesn't matter...rofl
I go mainly for personality, because what does the most gorgeous guy in the world do for you if he is a complete a**?
I have dated the stunner type in the past, and trouble with them is, that they know how good they look and that they can get anybody else they want.
As long as I get along with my partner, we have a good time and don't argue 24/7 looks are not that important, their just a bonus. smile  

Hanamura-sensei

450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

Tirsden

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:06 pm
NO cake for candy
Tess A Tigre
(tho Brad Pitt can eat crackers in my bed anytime he wants to)
Um im going to have to agree with you on the Brad Pitt comment (yumm rofl )

Trade "Vin Diesel" for "Brad Pitt" and you've got me too. whee heart

Ahem. Yes, personality all the way. (Of course, I totally heart what I know of Vin's personality and hobbies and whatnot, sooooyeah, win both ways! Not like I have a shot with him... but who's counting. He's my hero, oh yes he is. heart Now if only he could quit smoking... at least he knows he should. 3nodding ) Ironically, I find that my taste for what looks good doesn't always match up with the common notion. Some people see "ugly" or "plain" or even "weird" and I see "character." And I know someone who looks like a geek might actually have geek interests, in which case, I'm sold! xd  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:08 pm
I'd have to say personality, but on the flip side, I feel like I have to be attracted to the person. I know a lot of people I know want looks, which is all nice, but when you get old, you don't look the same as you did in your teenage years...

It's weird, I've met attractive guys who were assholes. Nice guys who weren't the most attractive. And then again, attractive guys who were also nice. It's just weird. :]

Mikiba

charamath

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:28 pm
I have to agree that when you love someone- they just become beautiful to you. You start wondering why you even bothered looking at anyone else...

For me, it's personality, definitly, but there has to be SOME physical attraction, and in all honesty, I couldn't date a pansy. Just couldn't. lol  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:23 am
Attraction is in the eye of the be holder. I have seen some very big men that I found quite appealing due to the fact that they were hilarious.  

Hellaride

reality-revised

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:35 pm
personality. someone can be the most gorgeous looking person and still be ugly.

btw im a chick irl. sorry didnt really break the all fem responses.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:16 pm
Yep.. after reading everyones replies im truly begining to see that love or attraction is deaf, dumb, stupid, and blind, all rolled together LOL (jk) but it really is chemistry and inner beauty definately is a large factor.

Wonder why no guys are posting on this?? HMMMMM ninja eek  

Xx velvet petals xX

3,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100

0Brutal-Beauty0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:52 pm
Being cute is nice if you fling-ing around, but that'll get old and you end up alone. I've always thought personality could make up for just about anything physically lacking. I do prefer my men with all their teeth...... and hair..... well, for now. We'll see in about 40 yrs., lol! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:18 pm
NO cake for candy
What is better to go for in a person? Looks or inner beauty? I just wanted to see what the overall populace opinion is.. ninja Be truthful!! ninja

Honestly, both.

You need someone who you don't is absolutely ugly... cause, let's be honest, we still need to be attracted to them in order to live with them for the rest of our lives... (if we get married). And it's bad to be with anyone if you're embarassed to be seen with them.

You also need someone with inner beauty, because if you don't like them and can't talk with them and enjoy being with them, then eventually, the looks will fade and so will your attraction to them.

ShengYing

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:26 pm
When asked, most people will say personality because it sounds better and is the most logical answer. However, when it actually comes to picking a mate, many will throw all logic out the window and go for whoever looks better, and this isn't always because of the most obvious reasons.

Aside from the "eye-candy" aspect, some will choose a good looking person to impress friends, boost their ego, achieve a certain social status, or because they feel that's what they're supposed to do and that someone would find it strange if they turned down the good looking person to go with someone "plain" or "ugly"... or stay single.

For a long term relationship, I think everyone with any sort of common sense realizes that they need to find someone they can connect with, however, other things in our life may affect our decisions of who to be with.

And though I do believe personality is the most important factor, that does not mean that looks are not important at all. Actually, looks is often the thing that first draws a person in unless they meet by some other means {such as online}. So there often is some kind of physical attraction first that pulls you in. Personality is what keeps the relationship going. You can only enjoy a person solely for their looks for so long. If there is a connection, then their beauty does not fade, but rather increases over time.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:51 pm
I go for personality.
But I think my boyfriend goes for looks???
Ive geind some weight over the years that we have been going out and I have herd about it and he has stopped takeing me out and stopped the good stuff to.  

twotees

Wendy Belle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:49 am
After the divorce of my youth (we probably chose each other based on looks) now I have been married for over 25 years to a wonderful man who looks at me every day as if I were still young and thin (Believe me, I'm neither!) He unfailingly treats me with loving respect, we laugh at the same jokes ,and we hold hands, even when he's driving the car. We never leave each other without a kiss, even if we're just leaving for a short time. Do I care if this man has hair or teeth or extra pounds or wrinkles? NO, I DO NOT! When I look at him, it is not the outer facade I see, it's my loving partner, the one I have chosen above all others and continue to choose daily. I hope we can have another 25 years together, because we're just getting started. True love, which includes liking and respecting the other person, is worth more than gold. If your man is letting you know that you have put on a few pounds, and is treating you differently because of it, you don't need that person in your life! We all deserve to be loved for who we are, but we may not find the person who will love us like that if we're looking for a pretty face and body. Tom Cruise can't even compete, sorry. And yes, I know I am lucky to have my husband, and I tell him so every day. heart (He tells me that God must love him best, because God gave him me as a wife, but I know I'm the blessed one!)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:16 pm
Wendy, I believe that you have found what all of us are looking for!!! heart  

Xx velvet petals xX

3,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100

strawberriesfly

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:32 am
looks are good but,....... personality is a plus and funny u can be the ugly and still be beautiful.  
Advice Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff