Reply Advice Forum
That D word.... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Veddhartha

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:10 am
I trust other to give good tips and advices on medical stuff and try to give suggestions on practical matters.

I'm a Finn, so I don't know how your social system and bureaucracy works and therefore.... You know. wink

But as a starters. Your Drivers license, do you have an option to ask temporal, paper version of it from the police? Or the office that takes care of those? Here for drivers license, you can get temporal one (a written document from office) if you have a dire need for it, such as need to prove who you are.

If you already haven't asked for that option, I'd hope you'd ask can you get some kind of temporal license before other arrives. If or when asking about this, be sure to lay out your situation wholly - so that they understand that you are not asking it just to make them run around. And them knowing bit more can help them to find solution for you more easily. What comes to D-word, you can just say that you have medical condition that need treatment (..that you haven't been able to get for this... so forth)

At some level of common sense, person should not be left without proper identification by the bureaus especially when it affects to this many other things. I hope that life isn't being a b***h and things will sort out.

You have a right to receive at least guidance from people who handle these things.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:41 pm
One of the things I must commend you on is the ability for you to be able to identify the elements that have an effect on the depression issue itself. Not many can. While others are in total denial.

Im a PCOS/Metabolic X Syndrome myself, so I definitely hear your frustration on that part.

You must also consider something that most people with depression dont see. For you to come forward and admit something so personal like this and to reach out to others shows how much true strength you have. Its certainly not a weakness, but the mere awakening to it makes you that much stronger.

Im hoping since your original post, you have managed to get your license to apply for services/resources.

One of the things to always remember... if you feel yourself getting 'lost'... grab a notebook or a journal, and start jotting down what you are thinking/feeling.... Its a GREAT tool to use to keep focused and to air out the negative feelings on to paper before they consume you.

Someone here suggested making a list of realistic goals. And that Dry-erase board... even better!!!!

If you can come to terms with what can be done realistically, completing tasks will be very easy to do, so long as you realize some make be accomplished faster while others will take some effort.

Realizing that its a one day at a time approach and that you can master coping skills to ovecome those days that tend to feel overwhelming when things just dont go right, you will have a better grip on emotions and your thoughts and feelings.

I would HIGHLY suggest getting in contact with your local Health Department. Whether you have insurance or not, they have access to programs in your community for those with no insurance, on a fixed income, sliding fee scale.. you name it, they have connections. They would be a GREAT start for you.

Take advantage of support groups when you feel ready. Sometimes hearing from another person who can relate can help in the healing process as you share life experiences. Where I am a PCOS patient, I am more than happy to be here if you need... Im actually a test subject for a medical project that my Dermatologist is working on. And the results have been VERY promising.

Know that everyone here cares and that we hope you are able to find a sense of peace... Keep in touch!  

Wixandrettas

Advice Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces