Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
PIRATES 4 BABY! OH YEAH! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How many believed that they were actually ending it at 3?
  I did. What more can they put in there? (me: Um alot! Have youno imagination?)
  NOT ME! Come on! Did you see the ending of the last one?! There has to be more! (me:EXACTLY!)
  I've never seen them, so I have no clue. (me: WHAT?! IMPOSSIBLE! Go watch them now!)
View Results

moncheech

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:44 pm
I love all movies............ I dont know why........ it keeps sucking me back in . Im not one for sequels, but I just love Depp's character in these movies ! Not much on Knightley. Bloom needs his pointy ears and blonde hair. OH.. YEAH ..XD.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:12 pm
I hope for this fourth sequel that Disney is coming out with better be worth my time. I thought the series was great but sometimes extending beyond what is great could cause a down fall. I wouldnt mind seeing it but like I said it better be worth it.  

Alice Cooper Rockstar

Illusionist of Heart

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:33 pm
I liked the Pirate movies as a whole. The music was amazing and although the first one was by far the best, the other two had merit. I did think that the second one was too much of a spin off of the first one which was annoying but the third one was just too long. (I had a back ache from sitting in those theater seats for 3 hours.) I don't want them to make another one because who knows if the original cast will be in it. They had the same characters for the first three because Verbinski made the three main characters sign contracts for all three movies... nothing is keeping them from doing different roles.
Overall I don't want them to make another one because then I have to see it... it's a sequel... so I have to see it... I'm so sick of sequels I could puke.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:42 am
I liked the first two ones. But the third was a bit disapointing....I hope the'll to something better with the fouth one.  

wellie93

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:58 pm
I can't freakin' wait until the next Pirate movie comes out. I NEED IT NOW!!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Of course they are going milk as much money from the brand as possible. They just need to stop.  

TheLostOne42

xTx Monty xTx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:38 pm
yea i heard about this yea it only going to be out jack and journeys and what not their prolly going to introduce a couple of characters that we will never see again but ill just wait for it to be steam onto the internet cause the 3rd one i said that that last pirate movie im going to see in theaters but i just hope they don't Overkill it by making a 4th one  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:24 am
Organization13_Larxene
no no no! they must stop! sequals are never as good as the origanal!!
Not true...Ace Ventura:When Nature Calls was WAY better then the 1st one...And I liked the 2nd Bridget Jones more then the 1st one...And Harry Potter seems to be getting better and better in my opinion (note I haven't read the books and won't until I've seen all the movies...too many people fricken complain about it and need to suck it up and get over it)...  

Sage_Hirihono

Interesting Friend

5,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Sage_Hirihono

Interesting Friend

5,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:40 am
RedWhiteBlack
WillWintter
Oh this just sucks. THe last one was bad and they are getting worse.

Agreed. They should have stopped with the first one.

I challenge you, Sage_Hirihono, to give 5 valid reasons as to why these movies are so awesome, and why they merit a 4th one. Please avoid answers like "Well Johnny Depp is smexy and so funny!" And "OMG They just have to!"

This isn't a personal attack on you, btw, this is just a fun challenge. I've yet to see a fan of these movies properly back them up. =)

Sorry it took me so long...I forgot...lol...And I have thought of 5.
1. Personally I like the plot and story lines of them all. I find them interesting. And I'm excited for the 4th one because I wanna see how they take on the Fountain of Youth and/or Atlantis. The movies have just the right amount of action, humor, romance, and history that it makes it quite enjoyable to me.

2. I love the characters! Not Johnny Depp or Orlando, but the ACTUAL characters that they play. They are well developed and each one seemed to have had a lot of thought put into them. In the next they say that they will be exploring Jack's past more, and I can't wait. More family, etc. Just the character profiles are awesome.

3. I like the actors and how they protrayed the characters. I couldn't think of any other actor that could play Jack, or Will, or Elizabeth down the guy with the parrot. ^^ I think they picked an EXCELLENT cast. Yes some are nice to look at, but the fact is is that they play the characters really well...Which is what's important. I mean what if they had cast Ben Stiller as Jack...The guy's funny and all but he couldn't be Jack...or Angelina Jolie as Elizabeth? *shakes head* Not working.

4. The music, is AMAZING. One of the best things about the movie. Then again that only works if you like instrumental music...Which I do. ^^ But the music is very adventurous and gets the feeling of the scene and whole movie and plays it in the music!

5. The scenery and special effects were very well done. If anyone has gone on the ORIGINAL ride and Disneyland the scene with the bar and stuff was right on. And like I said, special effects...awesome...the scene when the boat flipped was great.

So those are my 5 reasons...take em or leave em.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:11 pm
The first one hooked me to the series. xD Now I just have to see them all good or bad. So a 4th is happy day/ happy dance!  

The Dark Archer
Crew

pandiebun

Benevolent Bunny

10,425 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:43 pm
YESYESYES JACK AIRTIME. Love his wit heart  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:18 am
if i hadn't read this in an official box office mag...i still wouldn't belive it...ugh...the second one was watchable...but the third one :cringe: the battle between jack and the tentacle guy was okay...i dragged my brother with me...poor guy! i bought him dinner after that...i still feel like i owe him...honestly, i didn't even bother buying it...i'll keep true to my first pirates!  

morbid_beauty

Quixotic Faye

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:34 am
I hear Russell Brand's signed on to play Jack Sparrow's brother.

Well okay.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:45 am
I'll be honest, I love the Pirates of the Carribean series.

The first one, I loved, the second was a nice spin-off into a second story. The third one did disappoint me, but I still enjoyed it nonetheless.

Admit it, we all love the series. That's why we don't want a fourth one, for the sake of protecting our fond opinion and memories and such. After number three, we're all feeling a bit squeamish of number four, right?

I personally do want a number four. Number three just left me so dissatisfied that I think a number four would be good to either sate or ruin my whole love for the series. The ending was just to....open-ended. I know the point of the ending was to suggest that life goes on for our lovely pirates, but it still had that edge of another sequel...and I'm not even talking about the "special ending" either.

So there it is, you have my vote.  

Spirit of Eclipse

Fashionable Friend

6,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100

Midnight Phase

6,450 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:48 pm
Mm, well, I like the Pirates of the Carribean, especially the music, but sometimes it's nice to just end a series. I thought the third one was a good point to end the story on. I feel as though a fourth one is unecessary.
They said that the third one was going to be the last one, they should keep it that way so that it had ended on a good note. I hate it when they make a series ongoing with no end.
That's just my opinion though.  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces