Classic
  Other
View Results

Ska Hippie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:38 am
User Image
I like a lot of 50's rock ~ That's what I was raised on
blaugh

I like a lot of punk rock ~ Green Day, Living End, Goldfinger, Rancid...
Ska-punk ~ Pietasters, Reel Big Fish, Sublime...
Classic rock ~ Pink Floyd, The Doors, The Who...
Alternative / Grunge / Etc ~ Presidents of the United States of America, Nirvana, Powerman 5000, Oasis, Smashing Pumpkins, Incubus...
Some "60's Garage Rock" ~ The Foxboro Hot Tubs, The White Stripes, Ok Go, Hot Hot Heat...

heart
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:53 am
*singing* I love Rock N Roll, so put another dime in the jukebox Baby! I love Rock N Roll, so come and take your time and dance with me! blaugh  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

Misty Marina

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:38 pm
Bay City Rollers? I sure remember them!..lol~

I like:
Moody Blues
Pink Floyd
Doors
Queen
Foreigner
Styx  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:59 pm
I love rock, either for soft notes and inspiring lyrics, classic sounds I can associate with memories, or simply a hard fast and loud pump to get me going! That said, I love Metal and Classic rock varieties best, and basically hate christian rock  

Kalisinclair2

Kyreie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:23 am
I like most of the 80's music, that's what I grew up on, and most of the new stuff coming out today. I don't like the heavy metal, death metal, whatever you want to call it. Although even some of those bands have a song or two that I like.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:16 pm
Nice to know that there are plenty of rockers here, now to find rockers that are Latino. To me, they seem harder to find.  

Suede_Shoes

Outcast-ghosT

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:27 pm
lol
well i've heard to a band of rock called slcik shoes and some of the'r songs are quite cristian, if you look up the lyrics if you dont understand...

i'm a metal guy...i've listened to rock for bout 7 years now...and i've progressed on the guitar a bit enough to play some instrumental picks...
nevertheless, i want to play drums! Dx

i normally listen to:
Stratovarius
Rhapsody
Alejandro Silva (ASP4)
Zonata
Sonata Arctica
Vision Divine
Steel Attack
Mago de Oz
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Megadeth
Avalanch
Rata Blanca

but there's just a endless list of rock and metal bands i've occasionally listened to (some songs of those)...i could end in a pair of hours maybe?? lol
j/k
VIVE LE ROCK! VIVE LE METAL!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:39 pm
I'm so happy that so many people have mentioned Nightwish!! They are a great band.

I generally like almost all types of rock. I just don't like SCREAMING. If the majority of the vocals are not understandable, I'll pass.

For German bands that I've learned about very recently I really liked LaFee. Tokio Hotel has suddenly started playing on the radio here. They seem very AFI inspired from their videos and the singer's style. BUT, that figures, since their little 2 song cd that I found in Hot Topic had one song that actually Was mixed by the guy from AFI.

Ok on to My play list. This is what is currently in my car.

AFI
Blakq Audio (not rock)
Breaking Benjamin
Lost Prophets
Rise Against
Three Days Grace

Ok, I'm sure there are more, but I just can't think of them now. *Geezer moment* Sorry.  

mizducky

VodkaLeona

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:36 am
Brain Akazariua
many different ones but I'll list a few for you:

Nightwish
Cradle of Filth
Children of Bodom
Slayer
Disturbed
Killswitch Engage
Bullet for My Valentine
Lordi
Slayer

my current playlist exists out of these bands. I'm not sure if all of them fall in the rock/metal lists but their all good to me ^_^

I love Nightwish
Cradle of Filth
Slayer
and a lot of others.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:38 am
I love the symphonic metal. It calms me and actually my daughter loves a lot of Metal and Rock too.
Enter the sandman can bring great applause, I love playing rockband too and watching my daughter dance and clap, great that they put that song on there.  

VodkaLeona

Mrs_Black_Bear

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:22 am
okay I am just gonna list bands since I have listened to pretty much all of it but dont really care for the heavy stuff

Jackl
Disturbed
The Police
Alice In Chains
The Cure
Hoobastank
Billy JOel
Bad Company
Elvis
The beetles

ah yea can name all the cds hubby and I have but over half of our like 300 albums are rock  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:22 am
I have been listening to metal over ten years. Metallica's Black-album got me turned. Mostly now I listen to death metal, doom metal and other stuff.
Mainly my playing list includes finnish bands, but there are several excellent bands all over the world.

Arch Enemy
Diablo
Barathrum
Bathory
Battlelore
Cannibal Corpse
Darkthrone
Dimmu Borgir
Emperor
Ensiferum
Eternal Tears Of Sorrow
Finntroll
Impaled Nazarene (when I'm really pissed off)
Moonspell (got every cd)
Rob Zombie
Sotajumala
Summoning
Therion
Thyrane
Type O Negative
and the best doom in the world Swallow The Sun  

wilmuliini

Aelita the Dark

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:36 am
i listen to every type of music and try to leave nothing out at all but metal will always be my first love.
some of my favourite bands would have to be deftones, metallica, cannibal corpse, the dillinger escape plan, converge... (ill stop there or we could be here all day...)  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:02 am
Rock On, Geezers! Yeah!!! blaugh  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:15 am
I love all sorts of random rocks, a lot of classic rock, but I suppose my favorites are:

Hoobastank
Three Days Grace
Breaking Benjamin
Shinedown
Blue Oyster Cult
Disturbed
Staind  
Music Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash