Reply 20. ✿ - - - Debating
.::The Death Penalty::. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lieutenant Shotgun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:35 pm
If you killed one adult who had a chance to live, you shouldn't be faced with death penalty.

If you killed a child who never had a chance to reach the peak of their lives, you should be faced with the death penalty.

That is my stand.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:42 pm
I would have to say no death penalty, but not because I feel it's wrong for the government to kill.

I Think that the punishment in place of the death penalty should be a life sentence(Truly life, not some set number of years) in solitary confinement with only the conveniences needed to survive.(Food, drink, toilet, bed, place to get exercise(AKA work)- no fancy game systems, tv, etc).

After 30 years, they should be able to choose death IF they are willing to donate their organs to those who need them.

But maybe I'm just a cruel person XD  

Hikari No Tamashii

Lieutenant Shotgun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:17 pm
Hikari No Tamashii
I would have to say no death penalty, but not because I feel it's wrong for the government to kill.

I Think that the punishment in place of the death penalty should be a life sentence(Truly life, not some set number of years) in solitary confinement with only the conveniences needed to survive.(Food, drink, toilet, bed, place to get exercise(AKA work)- no fancy game systems, tv, etc).

After 30 years, they should be able to choose death IF they are willing to donate their organs to those who need them.

I think that's a good idea o3o  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:27 am
To me, death sentences just don't seem right. What if it's a false accusition? And then they catch the REAL guy some years later? What then? Wouldn't there be some really PO'd families?

Hikari has a very good idea that I think would work a lot better. If they're still alive and pleading innocent, and then they catch the REAL killer, at least the person falsely accused, they're written a formal apology and sent on their way.

Edit:: Hikari, I spent about 3 minutes staring at your signature. Be proud El o.o l3  

Azusanga

Im A Little Pea

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:03 am
I don't think we should go with the eye-for-an-eye idea. In my opinion, our first goal is keeping dangerous people away from society, our second is rehabilitating them. It isn't revenge. I also think that spending life in prison isn't really all that better than death mostly.

I don't think anyone should have the right to kill someone, no matter why.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:05 pm
I'm for it, some people really deserve to die.  

Matron Mord Sith

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:46 pm
I honestly say if it's a rapist/*****, cut off his manly bits, shove them down his throat, sow his mouth shut and let him choke on his own d**k.

Murder's and serial killers, I say kill them.

I'm tired of seeing bad people getting away with things while good people are being screwed over. -3-  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:26 pm
Lieutenant Shotgun
Hikari No Tamashii

That's not a bad idea.......  

Akarui Mizu

4,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

Matron Mord Sith

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:10 am
Some people need to die, plain and simple.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:31 pm
Akarui Mizu
Lieutenant Shotgun
Hikari No Tamashii

That's not a bad idea.......

Your vote is null simply because you can't make up your mind. Good bye.  

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

Empty Spiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:35 pm
[~+~]

I'm not sure how it is in other countries, but i'm pretty certain prisons are a lot harsher than the ones in the UK.
I mean for goodness sake, someone in for life gets out in about 20 years, if that, they have television's, and someone who has killed so many people get's these things called "human rights" that they use to skirt around anything that's unpleasant for them, when if you ask me, those that have murdered, shouldn't have a right to claim they have them, as one of the human rights is to live.
Jails are more of a luxury for them - television, education, and no end of security.
The government have knocked down so many prisons, that they're running out of room, and of course, if you don't pay your taxes, you go straight to jail, and normally end up spending more time in there than someone who's raped someone (it's all about money to them).

Anyway.
Mainly due to those reasons, i don't think prison is a punishment anymore, it's a luxury.
For serious crimes (as in mass murder in one of the worst forms), that have solid proof, i think the death penalty should be used. I agree that if it's brought back, and they use it for any serious crime, then innocent people may be killed, hence why i said solid proof. An eye for an eye as they say.

In regard to rape, i personally think those that are men should just have their "bits" chopped off.
;>_>

(I know i didn't post solidly about the death penalty, but i thought it was necessary. x3 )

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:44 pm
You cry, I cry. You laugh, i laugh, You jump off a cliff i laugh EVEN HARDER...

There would be no Death Penalty's if people make the right choice to stop and think before they go all koo-koo and kill someone.

...So stick that in your juice box && suck it!

>Click Here to make me happy.<

Co0lest_Sweetiie

Kaiyle Brightblade

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:30 pm
Absolutely NO cruel and unusual punishment. Thats in our constituion.

I wouldn't ever say that someone deserves to die. If we give them the death penalty doesn't that make us as bad as them? I think a life sentence is an appropriate punishment. You were granted freedom by our country. You used that freedom to kill someone. Therefore your freedoms should be taken away for the rest of your life. It makes sense to me. In a perfect world, this is what I would like.

Of course, you do have to consider the overcrowded prisons and how much it costs to keep every single murderer in there for the rest of their lives. Law-abiding taxpayers end up paying for no-good criminals and murderers. Schools receive less funding. Good people who have followed the laws all of their lives end up suffering for someone else's mistakes. This already happened in the original murder, it should not have to happen again.

So maybe whichever makes the most economic sense.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:46 pm
I believe in the death penalty.

I feel it is nessicary in some situations.

Like, if someone accidentally kills another, or even in the heat of the moment they do not deserve the death penalty--they deserve psychological help.

But, if someone is a homicidal maniac and nothing can be done to help them, like therapy and they are absolutlely hopeless. They deserve the death penalty--because they could kill again.

Though if someone snaps and shoots down everyone in a bus, they don't deserve the death penalty--again pychological help.

I only believe in the death penalty as a last resort, and only if the criminal can't be reformed.

I don't thing there's enough emphasis on phychological help in the prison system--crimes can stem from things deep in the psyche. And criminals--as fellow humans--deserve help, not just locking them in a cell for 10 to 15 years.  

Hester Peche

Perfect Genius

Kaiyle Brightblade

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:02 am
Hester Peche
I believe in the death penalty.

I feel it is nessicary in some situations.

Like, if someone accidentally kills another, or even in the heat of the moment they do not deserve the death penalty--they deserve psychological help.

But, if someone is a homicidal maniac and nothing can be done to help them, like therapy and they are absolutlely hopeless. They deserve the death penalty--because they could kill again.

Though if someone snaps and shoots down everyone in a bus, they don't deserve the death penalty--again pychological help.

I only believe in the death penalty as a last resort, and only if the criminal can't be reformed.

I don't thing there's enough emphasis on phychological help in the prison system--crimes can stem from things deep in the psyche. And criminals--as fellow humans--deserve help, not just locking them in a cell for 10 to 15 years.
I like your line of thinking very much. I agree with Hester.  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff