Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Zombie Movies Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Walking or running?
  Walking zombies are more fun.
  Running zombies are the real challenge.
  Walking zombies that sprint near the food are fun and somewhat challenging.
View Results

Legna Lee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:16 pm
3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:18 pm
2nd page!  

Legna Lee

Legna Lee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:39 am
burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:57 pm
Legna Lee
I saw Outpost some hours ago, GilAskan. It's a good movie, but it's not really a zombie movie.

It's closer to a zombie film than the "28" series, and those get listed as zombie films all the time. In my mind, there are two qualifying factors of zombies-

1) They're a reanimated corpse.
2) They eat flesh.

On this front-

Outpost -
1) Yes, they're reanimated corpses.
2) No, they just kill people.

28 Days/Weeks Later -
1) No, they're still alive.
2) No, they just kill people.  

GilAskan

Legna Lee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:42 pm
Nice argument you have, GilAskan. But in Outpost they are more like ghosts trapped into some kind of magnetic field form and to that place. That guy that hires the mercenaries explains that. Even though his explanation sucks and is a little confusing.
And I'm not really sure of this, but I think that in the 28 series the virus kills the host then reanimates it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:08 am
Legna Lee
Nice argument you have, GilAskan. But in Outpost they are more like ghost trapped into some kind of magnetic field form and to that place. That guy that hires the mercenaries explains that. Even though his explanation sucks and is a little confusing.

He describes ghosts as being afterimages in magnetic fields. While the soldiers are afterimages, they aren't incorporeal. They HAVE bodies, and they can freely move their mass within the magnetic fields. That's why they can be shot. Or at least, that's how I interpretted it.

The professor seemed to suggest that ghosts are the "idea" of a person "echoed" within a magnetic field. The soldiers are physically sustained, though trapped, by the field.

Legna Lee
And I'm not really sure of this, but I think that in the 28 series the virus kills the host then reanimate it.

I thought that was the case for a while as well, but a rewatch or two a year ago made me realize it wasn't the case. There isn't any line in the film to confirm it, but it's just logical- the virus attacts the nervous system. The reason the infected people continue to function is that they're alive, just altered by the virus. They can starve to death as well, suggesting that their bodily function continue, and the fact that they bleed confirms this further.

Rage really is just rabies- it makes you go mad and makes you insanely violent, but it won't kill you.  

GilAskan

Sir_David_of_Fairborn

Distinct Dabbler

4,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:11 am
Fido is the best  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:47 am
Dawn of the dead.  

The Dark Archer
Crew

froggy the hobo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:11 pm
My favorite Zombie movie, although its not scary in the slightest is Land of the Dead.

But one of the Freakiest scenes in ANY horror movie I've seen is the Begining of 28 Days Later. That was just amazing

Other Fav's are
Sean Of the Dead
Pet Semetary
_____ of the dead  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:16 pm
firgie
My favorite Zombie movie, although its not scary in the slightest is Land of the Dead.

But one of the Freakiest scenes in ANY horror movie I've seen is the Begining of 28 Days Later. That was just amazing

Other Fav's are
Sean Of the Dead
Pet Semetary
_____ of the dead

Yes, many ______ of the dead movies are good. Except Diary of the Dead.
It was plain crap.  

ymPsiegetanK

Greedy Capitalist

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100

The Dark Archer
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:23 pm
ymp5565
firgie

Other Fav's are
Sean Of the Dead
Pet Semetary
_____ of the dead

It was plain crap.

Just read the plot for that sounds pretty lame.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:55 am
ymp5565
It was plain crap.

Diary of the Dead will be looked upon more favorably in the coming years, I'm sure. Everyone always hates Romero's newest zombie movie until a few years later, when people start to realize it's better than they thought. Happened with Land, happened with Day.

Same thing happens with Legend of Zelda video-games too.  

GilAskan

Tobias Mule

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:02 am
Right now, I'd have to say that my three favorite zombie movies are Resident Evil 2, Shaun of the Dead, and Quarantine. I know some people may not classify the last one as a zombie film, but I think it does. It also scared the crap out of me when I watched it in theaters over the weekend. *shivers*

Actually, I think Day of the Dead is still crap although it had some good moments. In comparison to the rest of the series, it doesn't have the same punch as the rest and it's lacking a lot in plot and character development. I wasn't moved to care about any of them.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:24 am
Shaun of the Dead...only zombie i've seen...or ever want to see! lol  

morbid_beauty

GilAskan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:43 am
Mika Relie
Actually, I think Day of the Dead is still crap although it had some good moments. In comparison to the rest of the series, it doesn't have the same punch as the rest and it's lacking a lot in plot and character development. I wasn't moved to care about any of them.

I think it's a weak film UNLESS viewed alongside the rest of the series. As a standalone zombie film, it's a decent but shallow look into nihilism. When you view it as part of a trilogy (Night, Dawn, Day) it's actually the perfect complement to the other films. The color scheme, themes, pacing, and characters are all in line with the whole series progression.  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff