Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
twilight the movie! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Twilight
  Yes
  No
View Results

pepper79

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:04 pm
WOW.... they missed so much!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:38 pm
pepper79
WOW.... they missed so much!!!

Well, duh. It's a book-to-film adaptation. They can't cram 500 pages into a 120 minute movie.  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

Bartimaeus13

10,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:22 pm
Wow. I read all the books and just watched the movie last night. WOW. That was sooo bad. I don't want to think too badly on it because of the low budget they had for the movie to begin with but WOW was it bad! Since when the ******** does Bella own an Apple laptop?!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:23 pm
Anyone else noticed the lenses? That was definitely bugging me.

Bartimaeus13

10,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:11 pm
And the disappointment begins.

at an alarming rate.

My friend saw the midnight showing, said it was okay.

our midnight showing sold out.

fuxing teenyboppers. whee rolleyes  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:22 pm
i liked the books until everybody was talking about them ALL the time, and until the movie was announced. I dunno, it just kinda ruined them for me. >.<  

buffaloidiot

4,150 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

crimsonsky91

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:03 pm
i rather read the book than watch the movie.....coz sometimes they skip parts...o n i heard the guy playing as edward is ver hairy....it spoils his image in the book somehow.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:45 am
I knew this was going to happen. That's why I made no plans to see it.  

Lightwater2520

Sir_David_of_Fairborn

Distinct Dabbler

4,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:09 pm
I liked it, even though they made many edits/cuts to the story. I would have liked to see Brendon Urie as Edward though. He seems the vampire type without having to add much make-up.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:00 pm
omg,i went to see the movie today and i think it sucked!!!!!!!it was horrible compared to the book.actually,even if i never read the book it would still suck.  

willowmajix007

Shajinia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:05 pm
I went to see it opening night at 7, and I actually really liked it. Then again, I am a total Twi-hard, and I have the first-printing of all 4 books, lol! But, really, "New Moon" got green-lighted, and (I heard this on the radio, so we all know how accurate that can be,) just totalling profits on the Midnight showings, not to mention the rest of Friday and Saturday, the movie made 7 million. In one hour. *long whistle* don't care if sparkling vampires look cheesy, that is very impressive.

BTW, this was quoted of the Twilight Lexicon.

As for various media naysayers who said things along the lines of, ‘It will never be that big." "It’s only for tweens." "Well the (insert random, predictable comment on fangs, goth attire, and blood here) crowd is the only ones who are going to like it." and my personal favorite "well it’s just women, that’s not going to make money." The only thing we can say is this, "37 million so far. How do you like them apples, baby!?"  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:29 am
I haven't watched it yet, and I'm still on the fence about whether to watch it or not. (Reading the comments is making me lean more towards no...) From the few clips that I've seen, it seems that the acting is, like, soap-opera bad and all it's got going for it are the fact that the actors are pretty. But, then again, that just what it seems like. I guess I'd have to actually watch it to make a more accurate critique.  

Lackshmi

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:18 pm
Shajinia
I went to see it opening night at 7, and I actually really liked it. Then again, I am a total Twi-hard, and I have the first-printing of all 4 books, lol! But, really, "New Moon" got green-lighted, and (I heard this on the radio, so we all know how accurate that can be,) just totalling profits on the Midnight showings, not to mention the rest of Friday and Saturday, the movie made 7 million. In one hour. *long whistle* don't care if sparkling vampires look cheesy, that is very impressive.

BTW, this was quoted of the Twilight Lexicon.

As for various media naysayers who said things along the lines of, ‘It will never be that big." "It’s only for tweens." "Well the (insert random, predictable comment on fangs, goth attire, and blood here) crowd is the only ones who are going to like it." and my personal favorite "well it’s just women, that’s not going to make money." The only thing we can say is this, "37 million so far. How do you like them apples, baby!?"

Popularity =/= Greatness.

However, they said the same thing about Snakes on a Plane. The opening weekend, it was big. But, because it generally sucked, it didn't do that well.

Just wait. The Twitards will get their just deserts.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:15 pm
meh. I'd go see it again, mr emo colors. I figure, the second one will be better, simply because summit made so much money off the first one, they can afford to spend more on the second one. You can't compare twilight to snakes on a plane, though... I mean, SOAP (lol, that's pretty funny...) pretty much has the whole plot summed up in the title. Besides, never underestimate the power of fan girls. we B kwazi. lol, I've heard worst names for Twilighters. Give it you best shot.  

Shajinia

pepper79

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:25 pm
Bartimaeus13
Wow. I read all the books and just watched the movie last night. WOW. That was sooo bad. I don't want to think too badly on it because of the low budget they had for the movie to begin with but WOW was it bad! Since when the f**k does Bella own an Apple laptop?!
since marketing happened stare  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces