Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vote?
  No on 8 :D
  Yes on 8! (you stink)
View Results

Musical Doll

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:23 am
If I lived in California, I would have voted no for sure. On this poll, I voted no. Deciding whether or not gays should marry mainly because of countless religious folk who are offended by the very idea should not be allowed. What happened with Separation of Church and State? Are you going to allow the Bible to influence your laws? Alright then, condone stoning blasphemers and slavery if you're going to allow it to dictate your life. Disallow mixed marriages, make rapists pay you and marry their victims for defiling your daughters. Stop eating seafood. Stop acting like Football is the greatest sport in the world. << Shellfish is an abomination if you follow the Bible. Pigskin is dirty and you shouldn't touch it.

I apologize if I offend, I do not mean to do so if this is the case.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/c0cf508ff8/prop-8-the-musical-starring-jack-black-john-c-reilly-and-many-more-from-fod-team-jack-black-craig-robinson-john-c-reilly-and-rashida-jones

I found that both amusing and effective in making a point.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:34 am
I agree, but I do respect others beliefs and that they should not be meddled with. However, I have a point to make: In the bible, it says that God loves each and every creature, and if he is the most, kind, caring, forgiving existence, then why would he take away the rights of some people because their brains were hard wired differently? I only ask supporters of prop 8 to consider that, nothing more.  

Sora Nightwhisper

greeness

Super Junior

20,925 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Building the Army 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:51 am
I knew it! Jack Black is Jesus!
I was so happy when gay marriage became legal here in iowa ^^

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:27 pm
Some people are just afraid of gay people, and they are afraid that their children would have all the facts to make an informed decision about sexuality instead of hiding for years and torturing themselves. Its ridiculous, but usually its because they are not used to gay people being around them. I myself am not this way. Gays deserve the same rights. In fact the 15th amendment to our constitution guarantees them this right. My only regret is that I was a few months short of being able to vote no on 8.

I live in California. Money is always being taken out of my school system. I almost cry when I think of all the money we could have gained in marriage licenses if gay people had been allowed to marry here.  

Kaiyle Brightblade

pidgezero_one

Original Fatcat

10,775 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:25 pm
I was beyond disappointed when I heard that Proposition 8 had passed. Such an issue should never have been put to the majority vote anyway. Although I guess I'm a little biased, because I live in Canada, and same-sex marriage was legalized here without being put to a public vote, which I firmly believe is how it should be.

I love how people complained about power abuse by the government when they legally recognized same-sex marriage, but these same people seem to believe that tyranny by the majority is not only acceptable, but moral!

How am I supposed to sit back and just reserve judgment in order to hold hands and half-assedly say I'm "respecting other people's opinions" when they're taking rights away from people whom they should have no power over? I say no, I do not respect the decision to vote yes on Prop 8. That doesn't mean I hold no respect for the person themselves, as we all know there's more to a person than what ballots they fill out, but I absolutely do not respect that decision.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:20 am
If I was old enough to vote I would vote yes, because it is teaching kids that being gay is ok and that it's not a sin, and or moraly wrong. It's bad enough that the media is showing homosexuality on "Family shows." That is not the kind of mind set I would like my children to have. I want them to know that being gay goes against the law of God. If I could remember the verse in the bible, I would show you ladies, but I don't remember it at the moment.  

Shuh-duh-fuh-cup

8,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Hester Peche

Perfect Genius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:27 am
I live in California--yay me--and the trial to overturn the original ruling is going on or will be soon.

I hope they do allow gay marriages, I do not believe that the government should have any say in who is allowed to marry who. It says that we have the right to "persue happiness" and if a man finds happiness with another man, then they should be allowed the same rights as a heterosexual couple to be married.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:32 am
joe_is_my_hubby
If I was old enough to vote I would vote yes, because it is teaching kids that being gay is ok and that it's not a sin, and or moraly wrong. It's bad enough that the media is showing homosexuality on "Family shows." That is not the kind of mind set I would like my children to have. I want them to know that being gay goes against the law of God. If I could remember the verse in the bible, I would show you ladies, but I don't remember it at the moment.
Teachings kids being gay is ok, It's not a sin to me and I'm as much as Christian as you are I just don't believe the bible was written by god, Your morals aren't mine, It's good that television is bringing these subjects to light, teach your kids not to have those mindsets but don't hold up everyone else who wants society to go forward not stay back, commas, commas, commas, and you're thinking of Leviticus with some numbers I can't remember,

Of course, Leviticus is funny. The whole "No haircuts/shaving, eating seafood" and several other things.. thing. xp  

Lab-Mousey

Hester Peche

Perfect Genius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:36 am
joe_is_my_hubby

Shouldn't we be teaching our children that it is okay to be themselves, whatever that may be? Gay, straight, bisexual, asexual...we should teach them that no matter what it is okay to be open about who they are. And accept it instead of stiffling it.

And if it's a "sin" as you say does that mean that all Jesus's teachings of love, tolerance and forgiveness don't apply to everyone?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:52 am
In case anyone blames all of this on religion, don't. Religion is not always the reason for the way people think. That is all I wanted to clarify.

I think gay people should have the right to marry. It makes no sense to deny people of that right.

ALLIGAT0R TEARS

Familiar Fairy

7,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100

Shuh-duh-fuh-cup

8,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:53 am
Abigail the mouse
joe_is_my_hubby
Teachings kids being gay is ok, It's not a sin to me and I'm as much as Christian as you are I just don't believe the bible was written by god, Your morals aren't mine, It's good that television is bringing these subjects to light, teach your kids not to have those mindsets but don't hold up everyone else who wants society to go forward not stay back, commas, commas, commas, and you're thinking of Leviticus with some numbers I can't remember,

Of course, Leviticus is funny. The whole "No haircuts/shaving, eating seafood" and several other things.. thing. xp

Go forward? How would society be going forward?

I found the bible verse.

Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind, because it is an abomination. -Leviticus 19:22  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:05 am
joe_is_my_hubby
Abigail the mouse
joe_is_my_hubby

I found the bible verse.

Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind, because it is an abomination. -Leviticus 19:22

The bible also says that it's wrong to eat pork in one part...then says it's alright in another part.

You can always find verses to fit the situation, for or against.  

Hester Peche

Perfect Genius

Lab-Mousey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:05 am
joe_is_my_hubby
Abigail the mouse
joe_is_my_hubby

I found the bible verse.

Allowing same sex couples all the rights marriage comes with. It's a step towards equality for all. Which would be forward. 3nodding

Plus.. Marriage is a kind of a legal thing too and denying 2 consenting adults a thing like that and all the benefits that come with it is selfish and wrong. wink  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:08 am
Abigail the mouse
joe_is_my_hubby
Abigail the mouse
joe_is_my_hubby

I found the bible verse.

Allowing same sex couples all the rights marriage comes with. It's a step towards equality for all. Which would be forward. 3nodding

Plus.. Marriage is a kind of a legal thing too and denying 2 consenting adults a thing like that and all the benefits that come with it is selfish and wrong. wink

In this case equal rights would not be a good thing, in my opinion. Eqaul rights works more in the way of race. Not sexuality.  

Shuh-duh-fuh-cup

8,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Seawicket

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:10 am
*lurk lurk lurk*
ninja

20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items