Submit

Danamii

Sparkly Lunatic

5,225 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:48 am
sigh i must say, that is true. we get a** holes like that in real life as well. we just have to get over it and move on.

...or go to another server. i play WoW so i know how you feel about it.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:29 pm
I like Zomg, but haven't played it recently, for this very reason.  

LadyCrimsonSkye

Amarella Harte

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:23 pm
I guess I'm blessed. While I haven't had time to play a lot, the people I've ran into have all been polite.

Also I never help someone unless they ask. When I play multi-player video games with my kids/friends, we all hate when someone comes in and gets our 'kill'. If we weren't strong enough to be there, then we leave/die and come back later. So I guess you could say I've been raised to see it as rude.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:32 am
It does suck the way these people come in and try to ruin it for others...I try to help those who are newer than myself (if the lag isn't killing me). As for the fluff thing, I will admit, where as it is immature and childish with the fluff crap, it is funny when they try it on me. A) I usually survive, B) I don't let it show it bothers me, they don't mess with me too much anymore...

As for those who kill everything and don't let anyone even have a shot at it, my best advice is patients....They tend to get upset if you just sit there and watch them..or as mentioned above, just switch servers...  

Kamui_kusinagi

connielass

2,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:56 pm
Matasoga
Though I am loathe to be rude, I feel that a "Get over yourself," may be in order, supplemented with an off-handed "It's just a game."
Add to that: "Work to get yourself stronger."
You can buy rings and other upgrades at the MP now, plus you can shop at Back Alley Bargains for upgrades to power up your rings.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:20 am
Yeah the only good solution is to make yourself strong enough to not die from the fluffs. You should at least have a CL of 3.0 when you get to the Zen Gardens. I was stuck there during that annoying doll glitch and got strong enough to eventually solo the stupid doll xD  

MHHornfreak

Fashionable Conversationalist

14,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Draconian Pheonix

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:12 pm
Uhm, just to spit in my 2 cents, is it possible some of these folx were actually hunting fluffs? I know I hunt fluffs in Zen Gardens during the day and lanterns at night. same spot just different mobs. Many people die while I do this because they will either run by while I'm doing this or come kneel in the area. I try to apologize but it doesn't always go over so well. Try looking at it from another point of view. I can understand being if you are hunting an area and people draw fluffs to you but if you are traveling and pass through where someone is hunting fluffs and die, whose fault is it? Sorry to be a devils advocate, but fluffs are more profitable than lanterns or dolls or drums. I get twice or three times as many orbs during the day soloíng then I do at night in a crew. Ditto for rings. My strategy, cast level 3 rage'd Ghost agro all the fluffs in the area and let them explode on me. Rest recharge repeat. I'm very sorry if it kills people but I don't go hunt or rest where crews are hunting, and it's not my fault if my mobs explode and kill other people. Other people should show the same consideration to me and stay out of my kill zone. Yes there are nothing but fluffs on the screen, yes normally it should be a safe screen to rest and recharge or walk through, but this is a game about killing animated and hopefully not getting killed, no screen is safe, and I am slowly teaching others to hunt fluffs and reap the rewards. So please be careful in the Zen Gardens, this phenomenon of exploding fluffs will probably get worse as more people start hunting them, not all of the people making them explode are being dicks, Rip someone a new one when they are, Apologize if you die in someone Else's kill zone.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:50 am
Matasoga:
Quote:
I have never been attacked unprovoked by those puffs, ever. I'm not sure how they managed it.
I was teamed up with a friend at a lower level to help her accomplish some quests. While she was resting some one intentionally (repeatedly) attacked some fluffs and then ran towards my friend. When the puffs exploded/attacked they killed her. I defibed her and he did it again.

Quote:
In any case, while it evidently is malicious and not something I would do (without provocation, anyway) I have been known to run from drums, even if that meant leading an army of drums into other people...Unfortunately, I find that they keep on my trail, or just go back to where they were. Again, I don't understand how the puffs act differently.
That is totally understandable and not the case in this instance.

connielass, MHHornfreak: I was strong enough to survive the fluffs when hit on accident, but repeated intentional attacks while I'm trying to heal my friend is a bit extreme and is the point of my complaint.

And let's not forget the ridiculous behavior of the individual actually "laughing" and taunting with stupid s**t like "you got owned".

Draconian Pheonix:
See Above.
I don't really care if someone is hunting fluffs and I happen to cross their path at the wrong time. But it seems like if someone was already on a screen away from you and was sitting, you wouldn't intentionally lure the fluffs into hitting that other person.

If you know that there is a common area that people have to go to complete a quest it seems like a common courtesy to Not hunt fluffs in that specific spot.  

mizducky

Danamii

Sparkly Lunatic

5,225 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:46 am
is this what grown ups talk about now?!

you mean to tell me i waited 12 years to talk about fluffs and hunting them?!

this is sooo awesome. whee  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:51 am

If you know that there is a common area that people have to go to complete a quest it seems like a common courtesy to Not hunt fluffs in that specific spot.

Very true and I agree, I don't approve of the actions of random idiots, witch seems to have been the case with your incident. I was just saying not all fluff explosions are due to random idiots biggrin  

Draconian Pheonix

connielass

2,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:46 pm
Okay, now I have a reason to b***h about them.
See, I've made it as far as the Zen Gardens, but I went back to the Greens to farm for orbs.
So there I was, minding my own damn business, one screen below Remo as usual, when some little jackass somehow managed to lure the General away from his HQ, all the way to me. The general decided I was a good target and turned on me, while the little s**t just walked off.
I figured, maybe there's a crew down by HQ waiting for the general.
So I ran all the way there, having to heal myself every so often to keep from dying, only to see: there's nobody there!!
So I ran all the way back to Remo, before the General let up.
Damn #!$&% little $@%#!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:17 pm
Wow, that sucks. Gotta hand it to the little guy on his survivabilty tho. And of course you had to drop your CL so you could actually get drops in the greens wich made it all the harder to survive the General. What a bummer.  

Draconian Pheonix

mizducky

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:41 am
Quote:
Wow, that sucks. Gotta hand it to the little guy on his survivabilty tho. And of course you had to drop your CL so you could actually get drops in the greens wich made it all the harder to survive the General. What a bummer.

Indeed. I think some people really have nothing better to do than to harass others. It is a lot more interesting than my experience you have to admit.

Bosses follow the one on screen that has the highest CL. So unless you can handle it alone, it really doesn't pay to be the highest level player in a crew.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:03 am
I had one little b*****d try that on me recently. He failed to take a few things into account.

One, I'm level 4.0 and my HP is above 400. A fluff explosion won't kill me.

Two, I have weird luck. He pulled three fluffs down on me, and all three explosions missed me despite happening right on top of me.

Three, he failed to observe minimum safe distance from said explosions and earned himself a zOMG Darwin Award.

Then the little b*****d asked me for a defib. Before I gave it to him, I advised him that I'm obviously a l33t h4ck3r (in reality, I can barely install my own RAM and someone has to tell me how to run a command prompt) and if I ever saw him again, I'd fill his computer with terrorist documentation and call the feds.

I've not seen him online, for some reason.  

Divinity Rage

Draconian Pheonix

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:05 am
Too funny lol  
Gaia Games & Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items