Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
In Remeberance Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alice Is Back XD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:55 am
To my uncle/dad I miss you terribly! It wasn't fair the way they took you away from me! I'll never forget you no matter how much time passes. I hope you're watching me from where ever you are cus all the great things that happen to be were because of you! I love you and thanks for being the only person that truly understands me!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:08 pm
International transgender day of remembrance is on November the 20th.

The Transgender Day of Remembrance was set aside to memorialize those who were killed due to anti-transgender hatred or prejudice. The event is held in November to honor Rita Hester, whose murder on November 28th, 1998 kicked off the “Remembering Our Dead” web project and a San Francisco candlelight vigil in 1999. Rita Hester’s murder — like most anti-transgender murder cases — has yet to be solved.

link for details to events that might be in your area.

http://www.transgenderdor.org/?p=62

Transgender people and their friends and families are more than welcome to attend.  

washu_2004

Shameless Heckler

12,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

crushhchrishan

4,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:40 am
I miss you William, I wish we had had a chance to be around each other more. Your life was cut short over something stupid, but at least you're with the angels now.

Gary, words couldn't describe how much I miss your presence. You made everything right. I wish you were here to see your sun grow up.

Granny, I miss the way sneezed. The way I'd sneak into bed with you at night and then run away when Perry Mason came on, just because the theme song scared me.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:12 pm

To my Granddad, Hannah's Dad; Jack and the lovely residents I've cared for and grown to love over the past couple of years - you've taught me so much about what is meaningful and not taking what I have for granted, and to be myself and love freely.

heart

Toffee Sock Scissor Betch

Lady of the Lava

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:06 am
For one Mrs. Anne DeBruin, Bruce Springsteen's #1 fan, and ultimate Cubs fan. She was an amazing English teacher and loved her students very much. We may not have realized it at the time, but her love was a "tough love" type that wouldn't be seen until after she was gone. I only spent one semester with her (highschool semester) but it was the best semester I could have asked for. She loved without question, and would always be there. Sometimes I can still hear her "evil laugh" in my ears as I think about her, and feel that her soul watches over each one of us. I've seen her once during meditation, and once in a dream. She told me that I would have to figure out why she was there for myself, and I have: She was there to say goodbye. I've said my goodbuyes but I haven't let her go. I never will. She taught me life lessons, not from the books we read, but how she treated us. We may have been highschool Freshmen, but to her, we were equals. Anne DeBruin, you were a life changer. I hope that I see you again in my next life. I'm not done learning from you yet...

-Lindsay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:33 pm
too my last boy friend he died in a car crash because of a drunk driver hitting him. cry cry i love you but you told me if you die to move on. you will be i my heart for ever and ever.

R.I.P  

XxXtoxicravegirlXxX

kikioblack
Vice Captain

Dapper Shapeshifter

25,225 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:32 am
Tragidy strikes anyone at any time, it doesn't matter how old you are, what life you live, or even who's in your life now. There will always be that question of why did this happen.

My cousin Josh was in a collision with a Semi yeasterday- August 11th. The Semi driver was unharmed but my cousin died. It greatly saddends me, He lived a really odd life and did things that arn't quite legal. But he pulled himself out of the pits he lived in, got a good job, stoped getting into trouble, got custody of his oldest son, and was happily married and had another child.

He was only 23, but I'm glad that when he died he had somthing good for him. It's sad when the good die young but at least he lived well and I hope that whereever he is now it will be good.

So I give a cheer to you Josh, thanks for being an amazing cousin.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:24 pm
my beloved cousin, i'm still thinking of you, you were the closest relative of all, and i have a lot of them. i remember staying at your house and having so much fun and love from you. but cancer caught you..

my friend, i never knew you much, never talked to you because you were so pretty that i was shy. the last day i met you we laughed because you were picking stupid things to buy your boyfriend! but that driver just had to drive right through you 2 times..

my cat, you were as close as my mother to me, you were there when i was born and you were always near till my age of 13. without you i would have been home all alone till night.. i still keep your photos on my desk. <3

my friend's friend's friend. i never knew you.. but i heard about you, you were probably a nice guy.

a man from my mother's work, you tought me chess and called me "teenager", you even called me while i was home alone! such a cheerful man!

uncle, if you didn't drink, you would have been the best uncle ever. i used to call you "man with a mustache" >w<

and many, many more. R.I.P. all~

Tick_FM

Reveladom

Omnipresent Loiterer

15,425 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:08 am
I say:

To my great grandmother [mother's father's mother], she was the sweetest and kindest woman I knew. When I asked her to stop calling me her grand baby and to call me by my name [thirteen...], she listened. Even if it bothered her to do it, sometimes she had a sharp tongue to anyone who disrespected her babies grand babies or great grand babies. I remember one time I was visiting her in her nursing home shortly after she'd been put in there, someone I knew from my school at the time called me a few nasty names and she walked over and hit him with her cane a few good times and said a few things I didn't even understand. Everyone laughed, even his parents after they learned why she did it. She died just last month, and is hard to talk about...

To my grandfather [mother's side] who passed a few years ago, the only family member I connected with through and through, even though I did try to avoid him as much as I could most of my life... as a kid I didn't much like his eyes, they for some reason just creeped me out and then as I grew older he began to watch my movements and stuff and figured out that I was gay, we really began acting like family just a few short months before he died...

To my grandmother [mother's side] whom I don't remember too well, she died of cancer when I was three or four, my mom told me that my grandmother never once let me out of her sight unless it was a doctor's appointment and even then she would refuse to leave me. I would say much more but, again, I really don't remember much...

To my sixth grade teacher, who was the only one of my many teachers to actually care enough to talk to my parents about my grades and got me a tutor with his own money. He died, I'm not sure what of, the year I started ninth grade. I was planning to go back and see him and a few other teachers and that's when I learned he'd passed away. It was odd that his funeral was the only one of any of these I cried my eyes out over...

And that is all there is to say.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:41 pm
I am making this post for my first love/girlfriend/kiss and my best friend who died in May of 07 shortly after her 15th birthday. She took her own life after we got into an argument. I still sometimes feel like shes going to call me and say 'hahah I got ya'.

And also for Gina, her parent, who killed them self the new years after their daughters death. They were truly the only person helping me move on.  

Bipolar Support Mule

8,800 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Invisibility 100

Aureae

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:08 pm
To my Grandpa,
who I honestly feel is with me sometimes:
I was always so safe with you, and protected and happy.
I know if you had known about it, you would have killed the man, and somehow that's a very comforting thought.
I'm growing up now, and I miss you. But I know you love me. I hope you're okay wherever you are
heart

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:35 pm
To my Grammy... She was such a terrific grandmother... And in October she passed away in a nursing home... It all started two years ago when she fell in her kitchen onto her hip... Three more falls occurred after that and she slowly wittled away in several different nursing homes.. I love you Grammy.

To Nancy Bogan. It was my friend Ben's mother.... She was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2004 and upon the years that came, she was diagnosed with several other cancers... This past year on September 3rd.... Two days before my birthday and on a warm Saturday afternoon... Ben, Jerry (Ben's father) and Nancy were at Caroga Lake, NY. Out on a boat, when suddenly Nancy collapsed...... When they got her to the hospital, th-they couldn't revive her.. She had died from something completely unrelated to any of her cancers; a brain aneurism.. And that same week... When shook started the seventh, ben was there.. One would have never known that such a tragic thing had happened to his mother. I found out when I called his house to get his cell number. Jerry picked up and I asked about Nancy, if everything was alright. He then told me what had happened. Oh, I felt ad though my heart had been hit with a thousand arrows all at once.. It was so sad. Anguish.. So, I went to the wake and shook his father's hand, saw nancy cremated (she was in one of those little pot looking things), and gave ben a hug. I was on the brink of crying, but I didn't.. My mother was crying though.. Not hard. But she had a few tears... Nancy was such a nice woman and she and I have had several conversations about random things.. Just anything. She was so funny and n-nice when I had first went over to Ben's house.. She was making gingerbread houses in the kitchen out of sugar cookie cutout dough... They weren't fitting together right, but she continued.. I miss her very much.. And have deep regret for not going back to Caroga to visit them before that happened... I wish.. I wish that I could've had one last talk with her.. She was so pretty and so kind... .... Why do such kind people have to die?! This is why I don't believe in a 'god'!  

beansproutboy

Beloved Bachelor

11,515 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bookworm 100

Chaos Tabbean

Timid Cat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:26 pm
heart this goes out to my sisters friend who got killed in a hit and run accident, my sister had gotten into a fight with Sarah(the girl that got hit) all 3 of us were in 7th grade and she was so depressed for the longest time because she never got to sat sorry to Sarah it was heart breaking and the weekend we went to the funeral was the same weekend that the anime convention, "Anime Detour" was and i went to the funeral and went back to the convention later that day. but i was so sad i cried with my sister(by the way i was 12 about 12 years ago i am 24 now and i still can't believe shes gone) she was A beautiful person and always made me and my sister smile she was wonderful so SARAH SMITH-MAKENSIE Rest in Peace girl I miss you heart  
Help and Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff