Welcome to Gaia! ::

-=Axis Powers Hetalia Guild=- PARTY AT RUSSIA'S PLACE!

Back to Guilds

The place to go for all your Hetalia needs. 

Tags: hetalia, manga, anime 

Reply Meeting Room
Geeking for the sake of fandom Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lithuania-tan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:06 pm
Japan, lol. I know so much about Sengoku and pre-Meiji era Japan. heart I'm in love with the concept of most Samurai, but more so for some reason... Kabuki! I know way to much about it.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:22 pm
Russia-tan
xx Kara-chan xx

Has anyone here ever read The Killer Angels? <3 That's some great historical fiction there. >> I'm torn between wanting to read it again or wanting to see Gettysberg again...

ohgodkeepitaway. x______x *had to read it in eigth grade against my will*
It would have abeen a better read, had I chose it myself...But because I HAD to read it, the only way I payed attention was to imagine epic ninja battles and explosions in the background, or reading the dialouge like and old kungfu movie. <<;;

Like I said, if I chose it myself and I wasn't FORCED into reading it, I would've enjoyed it ten times more...

As for how much of a historyfag I am...I watch the history channel with dad, listening to his stories (he still needs to tell me 'bout Greneda. >:C) and I research for fun. =w= Mostly about other countries though. >> All I've taken when it comes to history classes are US history and Anicent Egyptian. =w= *was taught how to write in hieroglyphics!*

xD -tuts- If you read it against your will, yes, it is pretty rough.

I read it for a competition and ended up spontaneously acting out scenes with some of my friends during History class. <<;; And there was the whole... first place for amazing song based on the book...

xxKarachan

Italy-tan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:37 pm
Ahh well, I don't know history of Japan but I like the culture of it. Especially geisha . >.> I want to design and get a tattoo of a geisha, even.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:48 am
"It's quite the dilemma," he remarked.
User Image

Victorian England klsdfj;oirahgjfvnb;oia;hflkwefnoierwon;oq;oifj *has seizure*, the Renaissance, medieval Europe in general, ancient China, the Roman Empire, the Byzantine Empire... ooh Lawdy.

It's been a lot more fun in history class, either way. We were given an assignment on perspective drawing (since we were studying the Renaissance and that style grew prominent during that period), and I drew Russia fanart. But from the back. And it was a bust shot. And I colored the scarf wrong. BUT IT WAS GOOD.

User Image
"Choosing between hard candy and caramel isn't what most would consider a dilemma," she replied.

Parisian Loafer

kidcomrade

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:09 pm
I don't know if I've always liked history--in elementary, I had one of those little old ladies for a history teacher and, uh, yeah--but I have started liking it a lot more, especially because of AP US History last year. (And the Aubrey-Maturin series, FFFFFF STEPHEN MATURIN IS SO MUCH LOVE <333)

And I read Killer Angels for APUSH! I never finished it (LOLFAIL) but what I DID finish, I enjoyed. I also liked Rise to Rebellion (the author is the son of Killer Angels' author, I believe?).

Also, John Adams is my favorite president for really stupid reasons--yes, I watched that HBO mini-series about him, too-- *SHOT*

I also legitimately enjoy the history channel, like eveyone else. >w>;  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:23 am
I think I fell in love with Hetalia because I am a history student. I lov reading a panel and being able to recognize the event, or to learn something new to look up  

Nate_17

Sparkly Lunatic

11,625 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

chiyo_xx

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:08 pm
I only want to be...

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

i love history.. it's my 2nd favorite subject to japanese.
i love the World Wars, they are so interesting... and i love dictators and insane rulers, like Robespierre (spelling?) and his reign of terror in france..
histroy is totally awesome. whee

User Image

...With you once again.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:33 am
-Civil War!America, definetly. (When I was 11 or 12 my family took a trip down to Pennsylvania and I complained because we only spent half a day in Gettysburg. Not enough time!)

-Revolutionary War!America kind of. (Mostly because of Hetalia. It was kind of shoved down our throats in elementary school. State pride, and all that, I guess.)

-WWI and WWII (My dad's influence. Although, I like learning stuff outside of the battles, because they can get really boring...>___>)

-Victorian!England

-1920's!America

-Reign of Terror/ Marie Antoinette!France

-Romanov!Russia

And of course, Rome oji-ji has been my favorite since fourth grade....

(Long post is long. Forgive me?)  

Tabatha_Twitchet

Rabbit_L

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:21 pm
WWII on russia's side would be so damn awesome. Especially when Russia joined the Allied after Nazi Germany's betrayal.

Also the Cold War. The Berlin Wall. The expansion of communist influence. China's modern history is also very interesting (and errr, you know)  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:40 pm
Rabbit_L
WWII on russia's side would be so damn awesome. Especially when Russia joined the Allied after Nazi Germany's betrayal.

Also the Cold War. The Berlin Wall. The expansion of communist influence. China's modern history is also very interesting (and errr, you know)

Actually Russia was an ally from the start... technically. They attacked Finland and Poland against the rules, so they got in trouble for that. Then Germany made the huge mistake of going back on their pact...Though technically Russia had already gone against that as well, by taking the Baltics... -Resident history nazi it seems.-  

x_LoveObject_x
Crew

Versatile Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Mubyou

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:20 am
I've always been into history, but I think I only noticed it a few months before I got into Hetalia.
My friend said she had failed all of her history tests and I was like, "You failed history? How do you fail history? I mean, it's so interes..."
Then I noticed how other people were nowhere near as motivated in history as I was.
I should have noticed in my sixth grade world cultures class, because everybody despised that class. The teacher was pretty out of it, and I still didn't get it, because you could not turn something in, and he was so out of it that you could tell him that you did and he'd think he lost it and give you credit for it. It never occurred to me that it might be the learning material people hated.
He showed us this video on North Korea, and when we walked in, he had this transparency up that said "THE LEADER IS WATCHING", the agenda said "watch video about the leader" and the homework board said "praise the leader"
I'd say my favorite subjects are American History (particularly revolution and civil war), the Victorian era, and WWII.
We were watching a video in history about why people died in Jamestown, and I was completely lost to it. I was actually drawing a picture, but I didn't notice it until after the video was off.
And then I did a report on Stauffenberg. I loved that project. That man is my idol. AND I STILL HAVEN'T SEEN VALKYRIE.
EDIT: I saw it. And it was s**t.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:45 pm
Rrrggh, same here, I've always loved history, especially twentieth century history. heart

I've always really liked languages too, but I guess I probably wouldn't have started learning Polish without the influence of Hetalia.  

Feliks Lukasiewicz

Megami Yari

Dapper Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:42 pm
Actually, I've never liked history that much XD;;

I've always loved geography, languages and different cultures, though :3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:49 pm
i love you guys.
you know, i've heard history fags bash hetalia for it not being accurate enough or some s**t like that
but it's good to see the flip side of that coin, you know?

I've been interested in wars... I've never really researched it or anything, but I have a great interest in Europe. So yeah. <3

does that count? :3

BEST KOREA

Madame Royale
Captain

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:39 pm
I know, I love that many fans discuss history with each other.  
Meeting Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff