Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
Gah! *bangs head on table* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Twilight the movie--What do you think about it?
  Yay
  Nay
View Results

Manic Meggy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:25 pm
How do I love Thee?
Why, Like a Cake, of course.

Bella = Food

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:37 pm
Xio_Marie
I don't like the movie, it was an insult to the fans (the real fans ((book readers)) I think all this promotion is all crap. I liked the movie in the baseball part and so on. but it sucked burning_eyes

it was a comedy! the book is very serious and more romantic, they eliminated all the quotes like

"bring on the shackles , I'm your prisioner"

and the most famous of them all

"stupid shinny volvo owner"

evil evil evil

I know I heard that Kristen Stewart thought a lot of the lines were cheesy or something and that she didn't want to say them so they cut them out.  

Brannagh_Morag

Feral Lover

11,265 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100

razzuhmutazz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:50 am
both the movie and books sucked. Yes I read them, doesn't mean i liked them. So sue me.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:06 am
bump  

11lee0

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:17 am
I have no interest in the books or the movies. I already know both will be bad. First of all, vampires don't interest me. People are so obsessed with dumb vampire stuff and so many equally dumb movies have come out about vampires that I'm just done with it.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:46 pm
scream The movie.... People said it was amazing, those people hadn't read the book. If you had, then you knew this. The movie was poorly made and the actors didn't match the characters. It was a big dissapointmnet. stressed  

jnewsom3

Dreams of Nowhere

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:48 pm
the book was better!!! i thought they could of made a better job!!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:37 pm
"I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it."

I posted this in the other twilight forum last night but decided it better belonged here... So I am switching my posts!

Forgive me, I can not help myself...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Today, however isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either."

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

NovelistaBug

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:24 am
I love those icons smile

Frankly, one of the big things that sets me off from Twilight now is the SPARKLZ. What the heck. I don't even get it. Just... no... gonk

I thought the movie was better than the book though. Because they took out a lot of the fluff and stupidity, it flowed a lot better to me. Of course, then you didn't QUITE know what was happening in some scenes. Transitions weren't so great...

Overall, I wish Twilight would get buried. Sadly, I don't think it will for a while...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:32 am
I posted this in the other "Twilight" thread and it still stands as my honest opinion:
Quote:
I read the first novel in the series, and though the author is bit too analytical and methodical in her writing (Like writing a bunch of useless tata for entire paragraphs on how Bella took care to brush her teeth, go to the john, wash her hair and such triviality which I didn't care to read!), the book grew on me---especially Edward. The movie did nothing to portray his character as the book did (which is understandable as a book is the only way we can totally delve into a character's psyche), meaning that it was a rather poorly developed character that we saw in the movie. I must admit, I fell in love with the Edward in the book! 3nodding He's ever the gentleman and so damn hott!!! burning_eyes

Bella is also a little more developed in the book as well, and even though the simplistic language style of the narration kinda irritated me and sometimes I felt as if the author was trying to insult my intelligence, I understood fully that it was Bella telling the story in her own words and I came to realize that the rough and tediously meticulous narration perfectly matched up with Bella's somewhat---for lack of a better word---boring personality.

Conclusion: I loved the book and hated the movie. The only thing that kinda saved the cinema from having to deal with the excessively violent tantrums I wanted to throw was Edward. The actor was hott! They were lucky he was nice to ogle at because I was so mad at the film that I was ready to rip seats off their secure foundations and chuck them at the screen!!! evil

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:46 am
Good gawd! gonk *barfs* O-M-G! Robert Pattinson is only hot as Edward! I finally googled him and came up with some very crappy mug shots of him. Wow. The miracles of make-up and using a dark filter on the camera lens! xd And wtf?! He's younger than me?! I am almost a ****** cradle robber, if you may---even though he's only 2 years younger than me. xp

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:09 am
Yeah... RPattz isn't really that pretty... He's alright in the movie.

But then, I'm the only one I know, other than my mother, who thinks Cam Gigandent [James] was the yummiest person in the movie. +shrugs+

Oh, and another thing I noticed about the movie. Laurent. He's black. He's a SMeyerpire. Anyone care to explain this one to me? And no, this isn't Buggie being racist.  

NovelistaBug

StarHika

7,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:24 pm
Psychicmind
I heard somewhere that Vampires don't actually die in sunlight.

I'm not going to bother with Twilight. It's one of those fads that will die in a month or so.

BumpUser Image

No it won´t! gonk My friends have been yapping about it for over a year now. gonk

I kept laughing at Edward in the movie. Whenever he was around Bella it looked like he jizzed his pants.

The books are ok. But I prefer Harry Potter.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:45 pm
NovelistaBug
Yeah... RPattz isn't really that pretty... He's alright in the movie.

But then, I'm the only one I know, other than my mother, who thinks Cam Gigandent [James] was the yummiest person in the movie. +shrugs+

Oh, and another thing I noticed about the movie. Laurent. He's black. He's a SMeyerpire. Anyone care to explain this one to me? And no, this isn't Buggie being racist.

What's an "SMeyerpire?" And yeah....How did that happen? <__< But he made a pretty good Laurent, if ya ask me. And just like Buggie, I wasn't being rascist! dramallama

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

NovelistaBug

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:41 pm
SMeyerpire is the term for the Twilight version of vampires that I've heard. Mostly just when I was hanging out in the Book Subforum where all the Anti-Twilight people were.

And yeah, he was pretty good. I can't really say much because you only saw him for like... three minutes tops, but still, he was pretty darn good.  
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games