Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
Last Years Resolution Recap. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

^^ Breathing is optional.
  >.<!
View Results

Nemsy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:26 pm
@daft - It really depends on how you come to prepare yourself for being a vegan. Some just take the plunge without thinking of the alternatives that they have to eat. Some, go really to the extreme of not eating anything which in terms does make you ill. In all, I really don't care, we all have the same chance of dying whether or not you eat meat.

Honey comes from an animal sorta way. So many vegans protest eating any bi-products that come from animals, Like eggs and milk.

Some hate the fact that they have to avoid all things that come from an animal. So they make expectations like for honey.

I, on the other hand, do not like honey. At all!
^^;;

And, vegetarians have been watered down so a vegan is really what a vegetarian should be.

@ Yogi - I wanna do that because I feel like it. xP

But for real, I really don't have a good reason other than I want to be happy with my choices in life. ^^

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:50 pm
sweatdrop There's that word again. "Resolutions." I don't know why I bother with making any cuz I never really tend to stick to them. It takes too much time and energy, I feel.

Let's see....Last year, my resolutions were:

1. Lose weight by exercising more
2. Learn to cook.
3. Read more non-text books.

And let's see how they worked out:

1. I had to stop exercising because of doctor's orders. Yes, that's right. A doctor told me to stop exercising. I was diagnosed with scoliosis early last year and when my physical therapy treatments weren't working as they should, the doctor asked me if I do sit-ups and crunches and other such abdominal workouts. I used to do those like three times a week, determined to lose weight. Turns out that those exercises were actually causing more harm than good to my back. I have scoliosis in the last 3 vertebrae in my spine, right where the body bends in those exercises. Basically, one year later and I'm 20lbs heavier. crying I can only walk but my neighbourhood isn't safe and I can't afford to join a gym as yet.

2. Hmmm...Honestly, I tried here, but my Mom is not the easiest person in the world to learn from. Typical Indian woman that she is, she has no patience and hates other people in her kitchen when she's there. I can't even stand and watch as she cooks because she'll cuss me and run me out! gonk And now she's bitching and moaning how she can't count on either myself or my sister to cook if she's sick or has to go abroad or something! And it's not like we can just wait till she leaves the house to experiment either. We're not allowed to touch her ingredients or her vegetables or meat, or anything! gonk

3. Gah! I've been reading. ALOT. But guess what? They were all textbooks! Hey! What can I say? I was in my final year of uni, so I didn't really have time to read for pleasure!

So here's da plan:

Last year's resolutions are all this year's resolutions xd

Simple, ne? xp

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:51 pm
Sorry. sweatdrop I didn't realize that last post was so long. Gomen, gomen crying

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:01 pm
>.< It's alright Kit,, darn my sister took a picture and I can't see what I am typing. aaaaahhh.

Anyway, I don't like the word resolution either, I think more of a yearly goal. Which I like doing. If I don't do anything I feel like I am just taking up space.

I have my monthly goals, which I do, but they tend to be crappy, and stupid.

Aw. Man, that sure sucks, I'd think I would like if my doc said not to work out.
But, then, hmm.

I wondered where ya live? I kept thinking you lived in Japan or something.

Oh, my mom is kinda the same. She doesn't teach me to cook, and when I try she gets mad at me. Then, she complains of why I don't know how to.
Argh.

Nemsy

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:14 pm
Japan? I wish! Then life might actually be filled with more interesting things to do! pirate I live in Trinidad and Tobago in the Caribbean.

And yeah...I know what you mean. rolleyes My Mom's the very same way, and to show you again how contradictory her behaviour can be, I'll tell you a little story. Now, I know spanking kids is frowned upon in the U.S. but in the Caribbean, it's the norm, and when I was younger, my Mom was the one who would beat us. Dad never wanted to cuz we are girls, so the "discipline" was left to Mom. Well, from even then I knew my Mom was a little crazy, cuz when she hit us and we cried, she used to yell, "What yuh crying for? Yuh want meh to give yuh someting to cry about for real?!" And if we didn't cry, she'd be like, "What? Like yuh feel yuh is a bigger woman dan me or wha? Yuh feel yuh big?!" and she'd get all mad and hysterical. ALL East Indian Moms in the Caribbean are like that. They're all crack! I hope I don't turn out like that. sad

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:56 pm
0.0 Oh wow.

Sadly it is frowned upon here. So that is why many people travel other places to beat the hell out of someone. >n
Wow, but that sounds like she got carried away.
Don't worry Kit, you wont turn out that way. ^^ It skips a gen.

Nemsy

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:07 pm
It better not skip a generation. I do not want to be like my grandmother. eek  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:08 pm
xD

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:27 pm
Hey, I'm not kidding. You think getting beat by your mom is bad? At least your mom never stuck you out in the middle of the road when you were an infant just because she was having an argument with your stepfather yet again. True story too! My mom went out and got her baby brother from the middle of the road, and my grandmother yelled at her to put him back. And all because she was mad at her husband!! eek  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:53 pm
Wow! eek My grandmother was a beast, but she was good. She was the matriarch of the family and everyone revered her-- her words were gold! She was super strict! And when I tell people this, they find it hard not to laugh cuz it all seems so unbelievable! My mother, my sis and I lived with Ma (as we all called her) all my life. She died almost 10 years ago and I still miss her! Ma was real strict with us---with me especially! She used to sit on a special chair in the living room and position it so that she could see me clean her room and make up her bed. If I wasn't doing it to suit her, she'd pelt her metal walking stick at me! She broke quite a few objects in the house because of that habit. When I had to clean the kitchen and wash the dishes, she'd sit right next to where I had to stand and work, and from time to time she'd hit me in the back and knees with that damned stick if I was moving too slow, or if I wasn't doing the work good enough to her liking, or if I was whistling--- which back then, was a habit of mine. She hated to hear women and girls whistling. She always said that it was for only men to do. rolleyes Ma was real strict! I remember a time she called me to do something for her, and I didn't come fast enough, so she yelled at me in that scary, deep voice of hers and then, to punish me further, she waited until I was all settled down for the evening, playing in the gallery of the house---then she snuck up behind me and jammed me into the corner of the walls by pinning me against the wall with her body weight (She was a big woman!) and she took her good arm (the other was broken by a fall she had some years earlier and which needed a metal pin to heal, but because of her being 80, the doctors didn't want to risk putting her under anaesthesia) and hit me all over my body with the walking stick!!!

Yeah...Talk about scary! o,O

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games