Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
Soo.... I decided I want a tattoo. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yay!
  >.<
View Results

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:43 am
"I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it."

My dream though high school was to go to Italy, but heck I would just be happy to get out of the state ^.^;
I hate it here. We have two seasons... rain and hot >.>

"Today, however isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:43 am
Hey! You're more than welcome to come to my part of NC! We have to seasons, as well. We have hot and cold.  

LA Trunks

7,350 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Wall Street 200

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:13 am
My boyfriends, mother's boyfriend (soon to be... 5th husband) Lived in new york before he moved here for her. He wants to take us all there to meet his family. For some reason I am included in there... >.> Dont really like damons family but I would suck it up for a free trip out of state ^.^
...Well as long as we got our own hotel room... in a different hotel than them...>.>  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:24 pm
never left as in you've never ever been outside Oregon? or never left as in never lived outside of Oregon?

I live in Idaho...we have hot and cold...wanna switch?  

Aralik
Captain

Agile Rogue

7,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

LadyDamien

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:41 pm
Personally I have two tattoos. One on my right arm, like an armband. It's a celtic knotwork and tribal mix. The second is a celtic knotwork and tribal mix bracelet on my right arm. My friends think i'm strange because they say ink is "heavy" and that I should get something on my left arm to balance it out. But I love just having two on the same arm. And I don't think i'll ever get another one. They are both black too. I dislike color. I think for me mine are perfect. But it took me a long time to get my first one. I waited like 6 years after the first to finally get my second one. So I really thought a lot about what I wanted.

I knew that if I didn't love it forever I would regret it. That's why I took so long in getting my second one. I wanted it to be similar to my first, but not look like a copy. And it came out perfect for me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:55 pm
what i always hear by the people i work with is find out what you want and where you want it... then wait five years. if any of those things changes then you have to start over.
that theory has worked out well for a lot of peolpe i know. they would have changed it and regretted it.  

missymusic

dudemycat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:35 pm
My friend Sarah has this exact same tattoo  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:23 pm
I'm older, "been there... done that"!!!
I have four tats that I started getting many, many years ago. I don't know how old you are, but make VERY sure that YOU want a tattoo because you've alway wanted one. Not for anyone else. If you take care of your tats properly, they will look just as good in 10 years or so. My first tat is now 23 years old. No wrinkles or sags affect my tats.

If you do decide that you still want to go through with it, here's some good info...

Yes, it hurts and the pain you tolerate is traditionally significant to the experience as you "earning" the right to have the ink. Now people want the art without the pain and a lot of artists offer xylocaine creams during your tattoo that will numb your skin.

I have heard from artists that the back kidney area is the most tender spot. (I would have thought the ankle)

The F.D.A. determines the rules of giving blood, so you can give blood in ANY state after six months have passed (unless the FDA has changed that recently).

I have never had any problems having any medical procedure or test because of one of my tattoos.

I do not regret my tats. I love them because I did for me and me only.
Most people have never even seen any of them because of clothing.
It looks great when you want to show them off at a club or on the beach, etc. (just don't let the sun fade it out... use high SPF sunscreen)

So go ahead and do it, if it's something you've always wanted. I am definitely pro-ink! Oh yea... before I got my first, I did a "test run" with a good quality fake tattoo that lasted over a week. I loved it every minute of every day, so I then knew I wanted the real thing.  

rwp

6purple_emo6

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:44 pm
OMG!ITS SO CUTE!it wont hurt that bad.my mom has 2 tattoos and she said the first one hurt but not emencely.and the second one didnt even hurt and technicly your getting to i cant wait for my first tattooo tattos so it wont be that bad mrgreen i cant wait for my first tattoo!(im only 13 lol)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:31 pm
Ooooh... Henna tattoos... They are good for test runs. My brother just told me that you should stay away from black henna because it can eat away at your skin and leave scars, but regular henna is alright.  

LA Trunks

7,350 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Wall Street 200

Rockmantic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:13 pm
i liked the pic, it's a good idea (:  
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games