Valentine Contest - Final Winner Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:08 am
Poetry contest is a good idea... I would not have thought of it, but it is very appropriate.

It might be a good idea to have some kind of restrictions such as a length min/max {some people might enter something really short that they barely put time into, or others might submit something so long that no one wants to read it}. A specific theme instead of just a generic "Valentine's" theme might also be a good idea, but not knowing how many geezers are into poetry, that might lower the amount of contestants.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:45 pm
I agree, poetry is always a good way to welcome Valentines day, too. Maybe have a special thread just for that? And have some sort of way to vote for favorites of the day, or week... assuming that we have it run until Feb 14th, or even to the end of the month of Feb. Or just have people submit things just for the heck of it...  

BlackCatt73

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:21 am
having people write poetry just for writing poetry could be a completely separate topic that's always ongoing. I can almost guarantee you that if you put up a thread for poetry, it isn't going to stop because it's no longer Valentine's or February.

A poetry contest should have restrictions, rules, and guidelines.... if people want to share their unrestricted poetry, that should be a topic that goes elsewhere.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:14 pm
True, such as a specific line count or type? I haven't written poetry in a long time, so I'll have to dust off my thinking cap, lol!  

BlackCatt73

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

-Stumblefoot-
Crew

Timid Punk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:21 pm
That is true! How could a poetry contest be held? theres a poetry forum in the artists corner. maybe we could use that somehow.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:25 pm
OOo, So many good ideas! Too bad I'm horrible with brianstorming and can't think of anything my self (actually I'd be the one who thinks of something a week after Valentines... hehe) I'll definitely participate in them though, except poetry writing, I just don't like poetry or writing so that's out. I'd be up for a siggy design contest though! Or secret Valentines!!  

Isbjorn

6,000 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

killafrog
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:32 pm
well i love all the ideas
avi contest
poem contest
secret valentine
art contest
banner contest

some ideas thought could maybe do?
signature poem contest?

lol i was thinking of putting up a contest for valentines day a while ago, then i saw this forum post hehe. well im glad others agree we should have a contest for the holiday. i was wondering if someone will be doing this or if i can do one? witch one could i start up? i dont want to start one up and we have another person have the same contest up to. where should we have the contest put in one of the forums? would love to do a poem contest or secret valentines if you dont mind? just let me know what you think and i'll get to it if its ok. i want to get a contest started right away xd .

i was wondering if gilda would post the links in one of the first post of where all the contests are so we find all the contest we are planning to join then. blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:45 am
Darthsethus
I think these are all great ideas! Though im not to sure what "cos play" is!
I think a poetry contest would be a nice idea to, as valentines is all about fanning the flames of passion!
cos play is short for costume play people just usually dress up as their favorite game or anime charter  

Crystalwolf78

Momma Mira

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:39 am
Here's an example of a banner for the contest, so everyone knows what I'm talking about.

User Image

It's real simple, but yeah, I was thinking that you could take a couple from a series or real life and just do a Happy Valentine's Day message. Or something like that.

Oh! And in case anyone wanted to know, that's Akira and Utako from Man of Many Faces (or Clamp Campus Detectives)

I really should cosplay as her for Valentine's Day... I wonder if I can get Hubby to do Akira...

ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:41 pm
Oooh, I like some of the ideas on here.

I think we should have TWO contests: One for Cosplay and one for "Valentine Theme."

One of each per week -starting as soon as possible because Valentine's Day is coming up fast-:
The Valentine Themes could be (as suggested by a few others):
Broken Hearted
Cupid
Puppy Love
Marriage
Teen Crush
etc.

Cosplay could be:
Popular Anime couple (like Tuxedo Mask/SailorMoon, Tenchi/Ryoko, Chii/Hideki, Sakura/Syaoran, Tidus/Yuuna, Mario/Peach, etc.)

Or Popular Romantic character (like Mr. Darcy/Elizabeth, Ariel/Eric, Romeo/Juliet, HanSolo/Leia, etc.)

I think another Secret Santa would be nice, instead of exchanging gifts, your "Secret Admirer" could either send you a poem, flowers (put those bouquets to good use!), something sweet like a cute item, or a Valentine (banners!). I would love to draw my Secret Admirer, hooray for free avi art!
What do you think?

heart heart heart  

Pink Mint Tea

killafrog
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:14 pm
i hope dont mind i am doing a poem contest here is the link
------>valentine poem contest<------  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:22 pm
Wow, I love all the different ideas people have for Valentine's Day. biggrin
Avatar contest, poem contest, secret valentines.  

sweet sharebear

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:27 pm
I'm off to rattle Gilda's cage again and we can get the links to the thread posted on the front page of this thread... wink  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:01 pm
Lil Brat
I'm off to rattle Gilda's cage again and we can get the links to the thread posted on the front page of this thread... wink
Thanks, Brat. You give new meaning to the phrase, "Shake, Rattle and Roll." dramallama

I appreciate your donating most of the clothes on my back - I've never had to buy anything. xd
Any ideas on how to make the dailies be so charitable? wink

I also want to express how much I appreciate our guild members for their donations to this old mule/mascot that have allowed us to continue having such great contests. heart

Y'all are so much fun!

Gilda  

Gilda Geezer
Crew

Devout Worshipper

elusivebreath

Sugary Sweetheart

4,150 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:17 am
I'll orchestrate the secret admirer contest like I did the santa one, if you like. I'll work up the rules and post them in this thread, like before?  
GGG Contests

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff