Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

loren_aries

8,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:29 pm
The highest I have ever managed to get the total happiness of my aquarium was... something like 22%

pah.. I have kinda given up.. but I have noticed depending on the happiness of my fishies I get nicer things from the over seer... so... I don't know if that's juts me.. or coincidence.. but I can't be bother to actually BUY stuff for the aquarium... when ever I get something for the aquarium in the daily chance I add it other than that I don't waste money on it...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:39 pm
Freebie and relative cheap items are the are the only things I buy for my tank. Also I refuse to use cash to get fish, that is simple a waste of real money. I understand that Gaia is a real business needing real money, but spending real money on fish that have a lifespan is just wrong.  

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100

Stargazer Lily
Crew

Tipsy Tycoon

6,975 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:16 pm
Oh, it gave me a green clingy dress today. Yes, the overseer has been giving me some nice gifts, but I still get the fin things and the armor, too. I haven't bought anything for my aquarium, just stuff I've gotten in the dailies. I've sold a few cuttlefish and some goldfish, though.

Maybe because the only fish I have in the tank are the cuttlefish... fed once every day and left alone after that. wink  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:25 pm
I was curious so i bought a few fish via gold and decorations. Way too expensive. And they are alive...and They get fed. But my tank forever stays at 4.5% Health. And Its just not worth it.
This Tank thing could be so much fun but they ruin it. XD I've gotten a tennis Ball three days in a row now from my overseer. Thanks XP  

Eienchi

Irahatam

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:52 am
Gaia can be compared to the banks/mortgage companies right now. They want their cut of the pie before they pull the plug on the whole thing.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:29 am
Eienchi
I was curious so i bought a few fish via gold and decorations. Way too expensive. And they are alive...and They get fed. But my tank forever stays at 4.5% Health. And Its just not worth it.
This Tank thing could be so much fun but they ruin it. XD I've gotten a tennis Ball three days in a row now from my overseer. Thanks XP

Try changing the music as that's the only thing that got mine increasing, it's at 41.72 and hasn't gone down since I changed the music.  

Cheshirecatqee

charamath

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:37 am
I recommend you look up an aquarium FAQ. Just changing the music doesn't make them happy. They all have specific temperatures/music/lighting they like, and you must satisfy two of those to have a happy fish. Other then that, just feed them once a day. That's how I got my aquarium to 100% quickly. The cuttlefish are the biggest pain, because they only like two songs and are so miserable to begin with. I just sell them when I get them.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:10 pm
yes it is..and the thing is...its not even in GOLD! its in gaia cash. >> its not like everyone can get that all the time its not fair.  

divinity of pride

Newbie Vampire

5,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:14 pm
akiko0083
yes it is..and the thing is...its not even in GOLD! its in gaia cash. >> its not like everyone can get that all the time its not fair.
I would have so many fish if they were in gold instead of cash, even if they were like 5k+ per fish.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:04 pm
I love my aquarium. I only dress it up with stuff I pick up from Daily Chance and some cheap cuttlefish from the Market. And I visit my tank at three times a day to feed and change the music. I haven't gotten a sucky prize in a long while. Mind you, I don't consider 500 gold from my tank a sucky prize. What you do to the fish effects their happiness. The Aquarium FAQ really helped me alot.  

Aileo

Premium Lunatic

11,225 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Clambake 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Amarella Harte

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:57 pm
Aileo
I love my aquarium. I only dress it up with stuff I pick up from Daily Chance and some cheap cuttlefish from the Market. And I visit my tank at three times a day to feed and change the music. I haven't gotten a sucky prize in a long while. Mind you, I don't consider 500 gold from my tank a sucky prize. What you do to the fish effects their happiness. The Aquarium FAQ really helped me alot.

Where do I find an aquarium FAQ?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:49 pm
Amarella Harte
Aileo

Where do I find an aquarium FAQ?

Use the search option under...is it 'home' or the 'forums' tab?  

charamath

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:36 am
My tank has been at 100% health for quite awhile now. I get a few decent items and gold from the overseer, but most of the time I don't. I will not pay cash for any item to put in my tank.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:39 am
I found out that if I only play the Kelp and the Ballad of the Overseer music and just feed my fish, keep the temperature moderate and the light on, then my tank health went up really fast. I was playing around with everything and it went no where but when I did this it went up really high, I'm at a little over 98 percent now. Try it and see what happens to yours.  

Miss Abigal of Lenox

charamath

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:18 pm
It really isn't that hard. Try here to see what choices make your fish happy:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-aquarium/aquarium-faq-you-got-questions-we-got-answers/t.43808037/

One thing not mentioned in this FAQ, however, is that you need only to satisfy TWO of the three options for a particular fish to make them happy. For instance, if your goldfish likes the light on and ballad of the overseer and you have both those settings chosen for your tank, you don't have to worry about what temperature it is.  
Gaia Games & Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff