Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Its time for "Reviews of movies i rented" (my opinions) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should i keep doing this?
  Yes
  Nah
View Results

The Dark Archer
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:27 pm
I really hated the new idiana jones 1/5.

Aliens are a little much for me sad  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:10 pm
THE CRITICS AGREE the latest indiana Jones movie...Fail (applause) another review soon  

Saintsage777

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:10 pm
Comming soon my review on an old scifi/horror film "John Carpenders THE THING"  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:18 am
Can a movie be both a remake and a sequal and still be good? Mostlikely not BUT this is "john carpenters THE THING" its a remake from the clasic version by the creature and the story yet its a sequal too it makes alot of references to the old one and the story takes place after it.

there are some slow scenes but its supposed to be there, get over it, it has good character delelopment as everyone becomes parinoid. the graphics were great for its day even some scened i was surprised by the amount of gore.

Kurt Russel is the main character in this and he does a good job in this movie too..even if its from the 80's it still kicks a** i do recomend this movie. a 5/5  

Saintsage777

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:20 pm
(more reviews one of them will be PSYCHO the remake versiopn (if requestion i can review the other one too)  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:23 pm
(i shall epicly BUMP this so it stays on the main page)  

Saintsage777

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:07 pm
"Psycho" if u want me to review the old one then ask but im reviewing the remake which is vary accurate to the old one just more modern...ish

its odd theres the old 1950s look yet theres modern looks to it too but whatever

Its exect to the old one which is nice, scene by scene even the camera shot of the deaths and how there wasnt really any nudity in them which was also interesting. The casting is good too Vince Vaughn is normal bates he has the awkwardness down and crosdresses too yayyy and id u turn the aidio up when hes looking through the hole in his office, you hear something lol

William H. Macy, Julianne Moore, good casting. so all and all i recommend it and watch the origional too a 5/5 wow 2 good reviews in a row im due for a bad review soon...hmm lets see what we got....urgh yep theres alot more bad reviews. and good ones too  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:36 am
Well ill have a review of Ratatouille soon but everyone feel free to comment on my reviews or even post reviews on moviews you have rented or soon the more reviews the better and everyones entitles to their own opinions...  

Saintsage777

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:26 pm
I can't believe you gave the 1998 version of Psycho a good review. The fact that Van Sant just copied the original shot for short shows laziness/lack of creativity. Each of the actors brought something new to the story, but they didn't have the same magic as the original.

My biggest feud with this movie is the casting of Vince Vaughn and Anne Heche. Now, don't get me wrong, they're both good actors, but Marion Crane was supposed to be a stupid bimbo-type. Heche, no matter how hard she tries, will not be a stupid bimbo. And Vaughn just didn't do it for me. He had the creepy, but he didn't seem to have the psychological depth that Anthony Perkins had.

Under normal circumstances, I would be able to look past this. But, this movie was not made under normal circumstances. This is just a cheap imitation of a great Hitchcock movie. By recreating the movie shot for shot, you are asking the actors to recreate the performances, and that is a difficult feat for anybody to pull off.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:28 pm
"Ratatouille" One again Disney and Pixar make another good movie its family fun and personal fun too, if you love to good its a good movie. and its easy to point out when something will go wrong, who is the a*****e, and who is the love interest.

But its vary creative, the characters were good and no talking cars yay. The setting was good and they did make France look great too. All and all, its a 5/5 but now thats 3 good movies in a row i say its time for another bad movie review.  

Saintsage777

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:33 pm
RedWhiteBlack
I can't believe you gave the 1998 version of Psycho a good review. The fact that Van Sant just copied the original shot for short shows laziness/lack of creativity. Each of the actors brought something new to the story, but they didn't have the same magic as the original.

My biggest feud with this movie is the casting of Vince Vaughn and Anne Heche. Now, don't get me wrong, they're both good actors, but Marion Crane was supposed to be a stupid bimbo-type. Heche, no matter how hard she tries, will not be a stupid bimbo. And Vaughn just didn't do it for me. He had the creepy, but he didn't seem to have the psychological depth that Anthony Perkins had.

Under normal circumstances, I would be able to look past this. But, this movie was not made under normal circumstances. This is just a cheap imitation of a great Hitchcock movie. By recreating the movie shot for shot, you are asking the actors to recreate the performances, and that is a difficult feat for anybody to pull off.

i do agree BUUUUUTTT considering how most movie remakes arnt all that good this was still good, and i know where your going at but i did like how it was kept to the origional for the most part.....instead of something with stupid teenagers who cant act worth s**t they make it up with some nudity and the horror cliches are there revolving around the Bates Motel at least it isnt that.........its a remake theres some parts that i too found odd btu alltogeather it was a good remake  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:51 pm
Saintsage777
RedWhiteBlack

i do agree BUUUUUTTT considering how most movie remakes arnt all that good this was still good, and i know where your going at but i did like how it was kept to the origional for the most part.....instead of something with stupid teenagers who cant act worth s**t they make it up with some nudity and the horror cliches are there revolving around the Bates Motel at least it isnt that.........its a remake theres some parts that i too found odd btu alltogeather it was a good remake

At least the remakes with the shitty teen actors attempted at some form of originality. I didn't see the point of this remake. If you're just going to make a carbon-copy of a film, then why bother? You might as well watch the original from 1960, and actually get all the nuances that only a man like Hitchcock can bring, than watch this. I will take the remakes of Halloween or House of Wax (two movies which I am not a fan of) over this movie.  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Halloween remake i thought was interesting the beginning was loooooong but went better into Michels backstory. Is there any movie you would like me to review? please give me a list most likelt ive seen some and can give a review of it  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:39 pm
Alright, I accept your challenge. Please review one of these movies:

1. Citizen Kane
2. Casablanca
3. Breathless
4. The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
5. Synecdoche, New York
6. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
7. The Exorcist
8. Blade Runner
9. Kill Bill Vols. 1 and 2
10. Spirited Away

I think that's quite a wide range of films. It will be interesting to get your take on these movies.  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:55 pm
6. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
9. Kill Bill Vols. 1 and 2

and i ask you to watch and give me a review of "Grave of the Fireflys deal?" ill review these both (cause i know them...well i know the others but these ive seen recently) if you review on here "Grave of the Fireflys"  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff