Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Music Room
MTV stands for Music Television. Where's all the music? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

YunaZeal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:43 am
It is a bit of a shame that there isn't as much music on MTV and VH1 as there ;used to be. While some of the reality shows can be amusing, it would be nice if there were both a) more music on the channels, and b) a larger variety of music.

I think that variety in music is important. If you don't believe it feel free to look at my last.fm page (handle there is Railenthe).

Though…I guess that kids today wouldn't appreciate the art that is David Bowie. *is shot*

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:40 am
What? You guys dont want to know whats goin on in The Hills? Or see if some C-List celeb finds the love of their life by forcing them to do ridiculous, embarrasing acts to prove themselves? You wanna WATCH A MUSIC VIDEO? Thats soooo 2003... come on, lol...  

QuietStorm XII

Devout Hunter

Nehalanya

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:13 pm
I miss the music videos. I mean, it's why these channels were originally created. I can see a little variety now and then, but they might as well change their names to 'Celebrity Reality TV' or something at the current rate. I want my music back. emo  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:48 pm
The internet killed the TV star.
and Desertbus killed the Internet star
LLR Desertbuss killed the net star
its sadly true

EDIT Loadingreadyrun.com in a comedy site in Canada  

Raine_Lrr

boneymuggle

Mewling Prophet

6,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:38 pm
OMG Yes!! Back in the day ( in the 80's of course!!) i watched it all the time, i loved watching the music videos!! and now its rare they show any, in the morning now they show AMTV and i like watching headbangers ball and you rock the deuce but its a rarity now and they show it at odd hours! ugh mad  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:00 am
Every now and then (when I'm sick) I'll watch MTV and their reality shows. I do miss the time when it was music videos and I miss the good shows that were on there before like Aeon Flux and Daria. I still enjoy VH1 every now and then.  

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

peachbot

Codger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:43 pm
i love gangster rap redface  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:17 pm
The moment I knew MTV was going downhill, I stopped watching and held a eulogy in the fond memories that it once held [Not really, but a eulogy would have been good to hold anyways].

I cannot remember where I seen Beavis and Butthead, but that was a favorite show and i loved wasting a half hour of my life watching it. Sure it was stupid, but still good.

Back on track, now that they have been catering to teenagers, us 20-30 somethings have nothing to look forward too anymore. I have decided also that Youtube is a better resource for the REAL music, not this s**t coming out now. Though I must say I am glad to see some of the old bands still making music, even though their quality has dropped some.  

Fallicious Flavor

dahliarose

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:55 pm
sigh...
i used to love mtv.
i remember the first time i ever saw a man wearing eyeliner was on mtv. it was an adam ant video.
i was like 8. it blew mind.

now if i want to watch videos, i have to scroll through tons of crappy videos on comcast on demand. it's just not the same.  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:41 am
MTV was always pathetic.

The only things i remember from it were the 20-second MTV theme ads where two poorly drawn fat ladies are dancing/bumping each other with the MTV logo in the center, outdated music and interviews, oh and most of all beavis and butthead.  

Arudento Jigyouka

rocksteadyandbebop

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:10 pm
I will miss MTV News: where you heard it first. They used to have a news segment every hour of hot topics but the can't even do that anymore. MTV sold out a long time ago.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:10 am
makes me glad I don't have cable  

Darth_Magus1

Wretched Soul
Crew

Shameless Hunter

1,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:20 pm
We seemed to have a reached a point where music is a "seen" art and not a "heard" one. Just being naked doesn't mean you're artistic. Sex sells and that's where the industry is right now.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:13 pm
i remember when mtv was all music and the only non-music show was beavis n butthead but that was only for 2 ro 3 mins and then even on BnB they had music videos (Beavis Bombastic Couch Hump?). i hate the direction all of our favorite channels have taken today. MTV well we got that one down, Nickelodion, Cartoon Network, G4... i dont know who in those companies says "Lets throw away everything that made us famous and put on reality shows and other shows that just give us an excuse to show cleavege and a** and people acting stupid"... here is hoping our channels make a comeback but i doubt it.  

Fenix2k6

Beautiful_Introvert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:06 pm
Idol Miku Hatsune
MTV sucks now. It was better as a 24-hour music channel. And it only shows gangsta rap and pretty boys when it does show music.

Seriously. Someday I'm going to be able to tell my grandkids that MTV once upon a time played music and they're not going to believe me. neutral  
Music Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff