Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
The Most Baffling Film You've Ever Seen Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

loIitoads

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:38 am
Atheist Guy
The Machinist....
just wow the movie with Christian Bale (smexy) was so twist and turns witch was so good i love the movie my friends said it was pointless but that was my friends who said epic movie was funny...

I really enjoyed The Machinist bar the ending, which I think sort of let the film down.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:05 pm
Eraserhead.
[/thread]

Chris, I'd actually really like to know you opinion on this film.  

[Hollow Point]

loIitoads

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:52 pm
[Hollow Point]
Eraserhead.
[/thread]

Chris, I'd actually really like to know you opinion on this film.

I adore Eraserhead, although it has been a long time since I last watched it. All those sorts of body horror films are brilliant.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:13 pm
Movies I'd wished I never seen/heard of/imagined being made, and some that baffled:

* Burn Before Reading [. . . don't see it. . . ]
* Catwoman [so bad it's not even a real movie--just pretend the movie never existed]
* Plan 9 From Outer Space [that's baffling, the wife looked like that BEFORE she died???]
* Brother from another World [black alien goes to Brooklyn and does all the crap everybody expects. . . ]
the list goes on. . .
~~~~
Regular ol' baffling:

* Fear and Loathing [will watch again, only drunk. . . again.]
* A Scanner Darkly [never again]
~~~~
Awesome baffling movies:
[can you tell I'm interested in sci-fi and time travel??]
* 2001: A Space Odyssey
* 12 Monkeys
* The Big Lebowski
* The Matrix [1st]
* Donnie Darko  

Jadera1700

Holy_Andraste

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:20 pm
One crazy movie I saw was The Fountain. That movie was confusing but after I thought about it, it really wasnt but it was still weird... confused  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:52 pm
The Hitchikers Guide to the Gallaxy
They told me you had to read the book to understand the movie ~ course i didn't read the book but after watching the movie a couple of time. I finally understood.  

LunaSoulKeeper

4,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:50 pm
LunaSoulKeeper
The Hitchikers Guide to the Gallaxy
They told me you had to read the book to understand the movie ~ course i didn't read the book but after watching the movie a couple of time. I finally understood.
You can in no way understand that movie, even if you did read the book.

They ******** up on it hardcore. I was really disappointed.
Check out the original British TV series adaption. It's really well done.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:22 am
Holy_Andraste
One crazy movie I saw was The Fountain. That movie was confusing but after I thought about it, it really wasnt but it was still weird... confused

I really want to see The Fountain, I love Aronofsky's work.  

loIitoads

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:15 am
Hannah Montana: the movie just baffling.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:06 am
Jadera1700
Movies I'd wished I never seen/heard of/imagined being made, and some that baffled:

* Burn Before Reading [. . . don't see it. . . ]
* Catwoman [so bad it's not even a real movie--just pretend the movie never existed]
* Plan 9 From Outer Space [that's baffling, the wife looked like that BEFORE she died???]
* Brother from another World [black alien goes to Brooklyn and does all the crap everybody expects. . . ]
the list goes on. . .
~~~~
Regular ol' baffling:

* Fear and Loathing [will watch again, only drunk. . . again.]
* A Scanner Darkly [never again]
~~~~
Awesome baffling movies:
[can you tell I'm interested in sci-fi and time travel??]
* 2001: A Space Odyssey
* 12 Monkeys
* The Big Lebowski
* The Matrix [1st]
* Donnie Darko

I agree with everything here, except A Scanner Darkly is actually one of my all-time favourite movies.
Yes, I'm aware that I'm crazy.  

Travis III

Jadera1700

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:30 am
Not crazy, just found it a little scary. Loved the style of film, took forever to just create the imagery, but damn if I wasn't scared of the Real Life element involved.

Real Life scary, to me, is much worse than anything else I can imagine.

. . . and people wonder why I make such a fuss over zombies. The chances of That happening are worse than the real stuff. *shudder*  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:00 pm
I never could figure out the Fountain. That is one of, if not the most baffling movie I have ever seen.  

Rumpleteazer24

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:44 am
That's why Dee Snider's Strangeland was so effective. It was made when the internet was first gaining momentum, it was relatively new and scary. The fact that a psycho killer could use this to his advantage and lure younglings to him is incredibly scary, especially if you put it in the time frame that it was supposed to be viewed.

I want to see A Scanner Darkly for 2 reasons:
1) I'm excited about the vector art, that is superbly done
2) It's cyberpunk  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:18 am
[Hollow Point]
That's why Dee Snider's Strangeland was so effective. It was made when the internet was first gaining momentum, it was relatively new and scary. The fact that a psycho killer could use this to his advantage and lure younglings to him is incredibly scary, especially if you put it in the time frame that it was supposed to be viewed.

I want to see A Scanner Darkly for 2 reasons:
1) I'm excited about the vector art, that is superbly done
2) It's cyberpunk

I agree with you as far as the internet part but the movie just came off being preachy when it came to dee sniders character. Pain blah blah finding yourself blah blah. I don't think this movie was baffling at all just bullshit.  

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:29 am
Lolicat von Doom
Atheist Guy
The Machinist....
just wow the movie with Christian Bale (smexy) was so twist and turns witch was so good i love the movie my friends said it was pointless but that was my friends who said epic movie was funny...

I really enjoyed The Machinist bar the ending, which I think sort of let the film down.

lol, my friend use to make fun of me when that movie came out. He said that the character reminded him of me. Not the whole murder part but the fact I got real skinny from working my a** off in this warehouse and had lost 10lbs or so from all the physical work, that and the fact that I rarely slept and lived by myself in a one bedroom apartment. He'd poke fun at me by asking me if I saw some bald guy everywhere I went.  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff