Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Disappointing Movies
What Makes a Film Bad? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Undead Superstar

Dangerous Flatterer

8,075 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:42 pm
The lack of uniqueness in a film can kill it for me. Which is one reason I loved Sweeny Todd and Repo. Bad camera styles will kill a movie. Same thing with the same types of characters as the protaganist over and over again. I'm tired of seeing films with "cops who play by their own rules" or the kid who is in the "wrong place at the wrong time".  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:23 pm
Unoriginal/contrived plot, poor acting, stereotyped characters that are impossible to care about, overuse of cliches, bland visual style, unrealistic dialogue/situations, when the film makes no attempt whatsoever to immerse the viewer into the story, ect.  

Travis III

flutteringeyelashes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:57 pm
When a film is so bad, it's not even funny bad; like when it feels like it lasted 30 minutes, and ends in a really bland way. The wrong actors can ruin a film, and really horrible special effects are the worst.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:28 am
riddlemethisbats
The lack of uniqueness in a film can kill it for me. Which is one reason I loved Sweeny Todd and Repo. Bad camera styles will kill a movie. Same thing with the same types of characters as the protaganist over and over again. I'm tired of seeing films with "cops who play by their own rules" or the kid who is in the "wrong place at the wrong time".

I'm with you, brother. What's worse is that the filmmakers don't take the cliche of cop who plays by their own rules and transends it. They don't dig deeper into the character and make him interesting.  

Rosary16

Yenrex

4,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:28 am
For me, personally, it is when you have a movie with bad actors. I don't just mean when you have actors that just can't act. I mean when the actor just seems to be thrown in for the story to semi-work or just doesn't fit at all.

When I heard that the Percy Jackson movie was coming out, I was glad to see who would play my favorite characters. But when I found out that all the kids where played by people twice the book characters age, that just threw it off for me. I mean, the person that was playing Anabeth (who is 14 in the book) is 21 years old! How can someone how is 21 effectively play a 14 year old!! It's also sad when they put in good actors to make the movie more of a money maker then it should be. Again, example of this is the Percy Jackson movie where they had Pirce Brosnon (not spelling the name right) play Chiron. but the rest of the movie just seemed to kill the affect of him being...well....him.

I've got other pet peeves, but I'll just leave it at that I think...unless I REEELLY have to say it.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:40 pm
1- Bad acting
2- A bad/stupid/retarded ending
3- Failed attempts at humor  

I Hate Buffering

OG Rallier

9,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
Disappointing Movies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2