Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
WATCHMEN Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

totally awesome?
  yes
  no
View Results

killer kinokuniya

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:28 am
awesome movie  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:48 am
[Hollow Point]
Quixotic Faye
I thought the movie ending made more sense than the comic ending. But overall I thought it was pretty boring and having to watch Zach Snyder's style of directing for three hours makes me want to punch a kitten.

And Malin Ackerman was really bland.
This is false. The comic's ending made perfect sense. He had to destroy a huge population of New York to make the super powers of the world unite and come away from the edge of nuclear war.

Now explain that to the people who saw the movie because someone dragged them to it. Just New York isn't enough for people to notice these days. The budget or something would've been against them in more than one way, and the deadlines! Oye! Maybe it wasn't Exactly as the graphic novel had, but the message was clear. Maybe the squid would've been an aesthetic choice by the writer but remember that Alan Moore took his name off this project, so changes had to be made.  

Jadera1700

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:13 am
I wasn't talking about the movie.
I was defending the comic. talk2hand

Besides we're not talking about today we're talking about a Nixon run 1980s. I mean the change the time frame of this movie would be to make it like the atrocity that was V for Vendetta.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:53 pm
AWSOME!!
Watched it on opening night wit family (not good idea)
and as i was walking out met some friends and went right back in and watched it again with them.  

Nennieboy

Newbie Noob

2,800 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200

Quixotic Faye

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:44 pm
[Hollow Point]
Quixotic Faye
I thought the movie ending made more sense than the comic ending. But overall I thought it was pretty boring and having to watch Zach Snyder's style of directing for three hours makes me want to punch a kitten.

And Malin Ackerman was really bland.
This is false. The comic's ending made perfect sense. He had to destroy a huge population of New York to make the super powers of the world unite and come away from the edge of nuclear war.
And destroying a huge population in multiple cities is ineffective?

They all still united against a common enemy - just because it wasn't one giant squid doesn't make it any less valid.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:51 am
[Hollow Point]

Besides we're not talking about today we're talking about a Nixon run 1980s. I mean the change the time frame of this movie would be to make it like the atrocity that was V for Vendetta.

Sorry to make it sound like I was offensive. You were defending the comic and the timeline and we were talking about the movie. Apples and oranges to me because I hold them apart when they meet in the same timeline.

You can't make everyone agree on one point. QF thought the movie was boring, does that tell you nothing? She liked the ending to the movie and probably loved everything up to that point in the comic. smile  

Jadera1700

Bartimaeus13

10,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:24 am
The movie was awesome. I'm reading the comic now.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:58 pm
Jadera1700
[Hollow Point]

Sorry to make it sound like I was offensive. You were defending the comic and the timeline and we were talking about the movie. Apples and oranges to me because I hold them apart when they meet in the same timeline.

You can't make everyone agree on one point. QF thought the movie was boring, does that tell you nothing? She liked the ending to the movie and probably loved everything up to that point in the comic. smile
Nah, I liked the ending in the comic too - just that between the option of giant squid from outer space of which nothing is known versus a radioactive super blue man who is losing touch with humanity, the latter makes more sense, especially in a movie setting. Better streamlining.  

Quixotic Faye

Jadera1700

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:15 am
Quixotic Faye
Jadera1700
[Hollow Point]

Nah, I liked the ending in the comic too - just that between the option of giant squid from outer space of which nothing is known versus a radioactive super blue man who is losing touch with humanity, the latter makes more sense, especially in a movie setting. Better streamlining.

Agreed. One woman I worked with was dragged to it by her boyfriend/hubby/whatev [never heard of, never read], and she badmouthed the entire movie for like three weeks. I had to tell people there was nothing wrong with the film while she bitched and bitched [she does that well]. Talk about bad press from an ignoramus.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:26 am
I loved the movie.
Also, very pleased that the director kept to the book for nearly all of it. That is something I don't see often and it made the movie that much more incredible since I had read the book over winter break.
Will be buying the day it comes out.  

Illusionist of Heart

Dark Neko God

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:56 pm
O>o ROSHACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:13 am
Headhunt2
O>o ROSHACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nothing about this is okay.  

[Hollow Point]

Dark Neko God

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:34 am
lol i never said the movie was good just love roshack cause he;s a beast biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:18 pm
No.
It's not "Roshack". It's spelled "Rorschach"; Like the ink blot test.  

[Hollow Point]

Dark Neko God

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:18 pm
dude..... i have terrible spelling... so get over it  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff