Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Alice in Tim Burtonland Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tim and Alice....good idea?
  YES (I love them both!)
  YES (But I think it will bomb)
  NO (Tim Burton is evil!)
  NO (Alice in wonderland is evil!)
  NO (I am a troubled mind and hate them both)
  I don't know
  What the heck are you talking about?
  I don't care...leave me alone
View Results

Jadera1700

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:05 am
Tim Burton should make an Alice I can live with. Crazy when the story began, but we needed something dark with Depp's talent and Tim's vision. I look forward to the new piece.

Depp's been himself. He did the stuff that makes him really popular, but now he's going to do whatever job he likes. Just like Sean Penn's going to be one of The Three Stooges because who's going to stop him from doing comedy now? :3  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:00 am
I think I will enjoy what Tim Burton is cooking up. I do agree that the original Alice in Wonderland gives me the heeby-jeebies but it has Johnny in it, so even if it sucks, at least there is one cool person in it.  

Illusionist of Heart

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:31 pm
You people can't believe what you're saying. Everyone and their mom makes some kind of dumb ******** "dark" or "goffic" Alice. It's getting ridiculous.

Of course, I agree with Christopher. The man is a great actor but he goes for absolutely ridiculous roles.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:45 pm
[Hollow Point]
You people can't believe what you're saying. Everyone and their mom makes some kind of dumb ******** "dark" or "goffic" Alice. It's getting ridiculous.

This, I can name about three or four adaptations in other media that have taken a darker side to an already dark tale. I don't see the point, because Caroll's story already had a lot of darkness, just because it doesn't appeal to goths without the added black eyeliner is no reason to tart it up.

@Jadera1700: Depp needs to do good roles, like Blow, not the horrible Burton and Disney roles.  

loIitoads

ymPsiegetanK

Greedy Capitalist

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:57 pm
Illusionist of Heart
I think I will enjoy what Tim Burton is cooking up. I do agree that the original Alice in Wonderland gives me the heeby-jeebies but it has Johnny in it, so even if it sucks, at least there is one cool person in it.

Well, I didn't like the endings of the lastest Tim Burton movies (especially) Nightmare Before Christmas, but even knowing that there is a high chance for the ending to be at least a little dissapointing, I and excited to watch it.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:06 pm
I love Alice in the Wonderland as a Live action, With Gene Wilder in it. I think Depp might be trying to play in everything Gene Wilder has! First The Chocolate factoy, Now Wonderland too, LOL. Conincidence?  

Mimu-lou

Loyal Senshi

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:22 pm
Eternalbunny-chan
I love Alice in the Wonderland as a Live action, With Gene Wilder in it. I think Depp might be trying to play in everything Gene Wilder has! First The Chocolate factoy, Now Wonderland too, LOL. Conincidence?
Or Tim Burton is trying to direct every movie Gene Wilder was in and he just happens to be casting Johnny Depp.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:45 am
Lolicat von Doom
[Hollow Point]

This, I can name about three or four adaptations in other media that have taken a darker side to an already dark tale. I don't see the point, because Caroll's story already had a lot of darkness, just because it doesn't appeal to goths without the added black eyeliner is no reason to tart it up.

@Jadera1700: Depp needs to do good roles, like Blow, not the horrible Burton and Disney roles.

Depp Is doing good roles at the same time. But he has kids and watches movies with them--Disney movies. He's done great movies--Blow was excellent, he's done Public Enemies, did The Libertine, Chocolat. They're nice, but maybe what Tim offers him reaches farther than our public perspective. Who knows?  

Jadera1700

loIitoads

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:57 am
Jadera1700
Lolicat von Doom
[Hollow Point]

Depp Is doing good roles at the same time. But he has kids and watches movies with them--Disney movies. He's done great movies--Blow was excellent, he's done Public Enemies, did The Libertine, Chocolat. They're nice, but maybe what Tim offers him reaches farther than our public perspective. Who knows?

I merely presume he enjoys working with Burton, the same way Jason Lee enjoys working with Kevin Smith. I don't think Burton offers him anything that gives him a chance to spread his wings artistically though. I can't really complain about PotC too much though, I do enjoy those films (despite rather than because of Depp's character though, I much prefer Knightley and Bloom).  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:11 am
Lolicat von Doom
Jadera1700
Lolicat von Doom
[Hollow Point]

I merely presume he enjoys working with Burton, the same way Jason Lee enjoys working with Kevin Smith. I don't think Burton offers him anything that gives him a chance to spread his wings artistically though. I can't really complain about PotC too much though, I do enjoy those films (despite rather than because of Depp's character though, I much prefer Knightley and Bloom).
I like the movie in spite of all of Johnny Depp's little ******** they annoy me.  

[Hollow Point]

Lackshmi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:41 pm
OMG! I've been waiting for this movie ever since they announced they were making it! And the actors that are gonna be in it are amazing!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:53 am
[Hollow Point]
Lolicat von Doom
Jadera1700
Lolicat von Doom
[Hollow Point]

I like the movie in spite of all of Johnny Depp's little ******** they annoy me.

Agreed. smile I flock to plotline a lot, though, and only rarely do I actually find someone more attractive unless there is NO story. If it's a terrible movie, I might as well leave or sit back and watch the scenery.  

Jadera1700

Rishon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:26 pm
Tim Burton is a ******** sellout! and after this everyone at every highschool across america is going to go ape s**t over alice. Not only that but when the American McGee's Alice movie comes out all the people i hate are going to like it. and if it gets Twilight success, i will kill someone  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:48 pm
Rishon
Tim Burton is a ******** sellout! and after this everyone at every highschool across america is going to go ape s**t over alice. Not only that but when the American McGee's Alice movie comes out all the people i hate are going to like it. and if it gets Twilight success, i will kill someone

I don't know that I'd call him a sellou, given that the majority of his films have pandered to the same audience. Mars Attacks is the only one that even slightly veers away from the 'goth' direction, and is a fairly good tribute to B-Movies.  

loIitoads

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:14 pm
Rishon
That's a bit extreme. I'm with Chris on this one.
Man, I used to rent Mars Attacks! every time we went to the video store when I was small.  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff