Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mortal Instruments Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussions, RPing, and generally enjoying books. Mostly Cassandra Clare's, but other's as well. 

Tags: Mortal, Instruments, Infernal, Devices, Clare 

Reply Mortal Instruments Guild
City of Glass Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Ren The Ryoko]
Vice Captain

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:38 am
kari-fae
yeah i knew jace had to live too! it was so heartbreaking though and i got so mad when valentine started rocking him in his arms and calling him his son, then he wouldn't even finish the prayer to send him on his way to the afterlife in honour. that was just crap...grrr valentine.......

...I really liked that part.
It actually made Valentine seem...human to me.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:08 pm
[Ren The Ryoko]
kari-fae
yeah i knew jace had to live too! it was so heartbreaking though and i got so mad when valentine started rocking him in his arms and calling him his son, then he wouldn't even finish the prayer to send him on his way to the afterlife in honour. that was just crap...grrr valentine.......

yeah i see what you mean about that. but at the same time i was also thinking valentine didn't deserve to touch him after he killed him like that. i mean, i actually did like valentine and i was hoping that he actually had good intentions as a father, but it was also nice that he really did love clary's mother. you can tell because he was actually trying to make her happier when he fed her the angel's powdered blood.  

kari-fae

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:10 pm
I kept wondering why I loved CoG least and I realized, it's because there's practically no Valentine. As much of an a-hole as the next villain, but his complexity(aka:is he accually human?!?! and other stuff) made him a great character. It's also a little bit less violent(except at the end).  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:17 pm
kari-fae
[Ren The Ryoko]
kari-fae

yeah i see what you mean about that. but at the same time i was also thinking valentine didn't deserve to touch him after he killed him like that. i mean, i actually did like valentine and i was hoping that he actually had good intentions as a father, but it was also nice that he really did love clary's mother. you can tell because he was actually trying to make her happier when he fed her the angel's powdered blood.

I'm glad he held Jace like that. He didn't WANT to kill him. Jace, more than Jonathan, really was his son in so many ways. But he did what he did for what he thought was the greater good. It's sick, but Jace didn't give him many choices.

I think if Valentine hadn't held him, let his boy die alone on the ground I would have hated him as a character. But he held Jace as he died. That showed a lot of regret.

....I liked it.  

[Ren The Ryoko]
Vice Captain

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

kari-fae

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:42 pm
[Ren The Ryoko]
kari-fae
[Ren The Ryoko]
kari-fae

I'm glad he held Jace like that. He didn't WANT to kill him. Jace, more than Jonathan, really was his son in so many ways. But he did what he did for what he thought was the greater good. It's sick, but Jace didn't give him many choices.

I think if Valentine hadn't held him, let his boy die alone on the ground I would have hated him as a character. But he held Jace as he died. That showed a lot of regret.

....I liked it.

oh i definitely see your point of view about it. like i said i did love valentine at first, when i had hope for him. and yes i see what you mean. he couldn't really love jonathon (aka sebastian) as a son, because his demon urges would always win out and he would be too evil. then he had to love jace more, but his problem was that he cried when a bird died. still, valentine did show some great character there, it just made me mad he didn't finish that farewell into the afterlife prayer they do....  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:57 pm
I just finished it, so I can finally join you guys on the forum xd

Yeah, I know it was a 'predictable ending', in that everything turned out good, and Jace and Clary got together, but honestly, for me, that's what made it so good. I wouldn't have wanted an ending where some main character dies, or some weird twist ended up making it not a happy ending. I was smiling when I finished it - it was really good.

I always knew from the beginning that Jace and Clary weren't brother and sister, cause I figured the author just wouldn't do that to her readers. That, and I just simply refused to believe that they were.
I figured out that Sebastian was Valentine's son when Simon said that his blood tasted awful, cause I knew that he had already drank Jace's blood and had no problem with it, so it was sort of obvious that Jace wasn't a demon. I was hoping one of the characters would figure it out from there, but of course they didn't stare

And I agree with Ren The Ryoko - I really liked the part where Valentine held Jace, cause just like you said, it made him seem more human. Like he wasn't himself truly 'evil', just completely screwed up in his beliefs and ways of thinking.

All in all, this book just made me like the series so much more whee

And Simon didn't die, that was great xd  

readingwritinglovingFF

[Ren The Ryoko]
Vice Captain

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:18 pm
kari-fae
[Ren The Ryoko]
kari-fae
[Ren The Ryoko]
kari-fae

....I liked it.

oh i definitely see your point of view about it. like i said i did love valentine at first, when i had hope for him. and yes i see what you mean. he couldn't really love jonathon (aka sebastian) as a son, because his demon urges would always win out and he would be too evil. then he had to love jace more, but his problem was that he cried when a bird died. still, valentine did show some great character there, it just made me mad he didn't finish that farewell into the afterlife prayer they do....

I think...Valentine knew he didn't DESERVE to say good bye to Jace. Because all of Jace's suffering was his fault. I think it was regret that held his tongue.

He loved Jace, like the son he should have had. But Jace was too soft for his needs and he sent him to a place where he would be LOVED, so he wouldn't have to hurt him anymore.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:43 pm
[Ren The Ryoko]
kari-fae
[Ren The Ryoko]
kari-fae
[Ren The Ryoko]
kari-fae

....I liked it.

I think...Valentine knew he didn't DESERVE to say good bye to Jace. Because all of Jace's suffering was his fault. I think it was regret that held his tongue.

He loved Jace, like the son he should have had. But Jace was too soft for his needs and he sent him to a place where he would be LOVED, so he wouldn't have to hurt him anymore.

oh yes i definitely understand....it's nice that there was some regret shown by valentine then. and i do think jace is more lightwood than wayland or morgenstern, but i am very happy that in the end, valentine really did love jace and jocelyn at least. i'm not sure he really loved clary though, or that he ever would, especially since he was so willing to sacrifice her.......  

kari-fae

Black Angels Love

Shameless Man-Lover

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:34 pm
List of questions:

o1. Anyone think it felt wrong and right that Clary and Jace were kissing before they found out about their real relation to each other?

o2. Anyone else think that Sebastion really isn't gone?

o3. I wanted to see more to the ending, like a future. Anyone else feel this way?

o4. Of all people to take down Valentine, why him? Did anyone else feel disappointed it wasn't Jace?

o5. Why didn't Clary ask for both Max and Jace, anyone else think that was a bit selfish?

o6. I've had a debate about this, but does anyone else blame Isabelle for what happened to her younger brother?

o7. Why didn't Imogen just tell Jace instead of making it complicated by saying 'your father would be proud' ?

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:40 pm
CoG was a good book...i got it and could not put it down! and the Malec scence was so...KAWAII!!! i was hoping 4 something like that! i luv this book..and i HATE that a-hole sebastion...wait johnathon...i hope he dies...cause it didn't say he did...u assumed...but over all...it was a good book!  

Anaya_of_Wolves

Dangerous Wolf

14,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Anaya_of_Wolves

Dangerous Wolf

14,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:45 pm
Angel Scale
List of questions:

o1. Anyone think it felt wrong and right that Clary and Jace were kissing before they found out about their real relation to each other?
o3. I wanted to see more to the ending, like a future. Anyone else feel this way?
o4. Of all people to take down Valentine, why him? Did anyone else feel disappointed it wasn't Jace?
o5. Why didn't Clary ask for both Max and Jace, anyone else think that was a bit selfish?
o6. I've had a debate about this, but does anyone else blame Isabelle for what happened to her younger brother?
o7. Why didn't Imogen just tell Jace instead of making it complicated by saying 'your father would be proud' ?

1. well...when they did no..i was like ok a kute couple...then i grew angry when they were brother and sis. but then my pairing grew dim...but then when they found out they weren't i was happy and sad...i wanted Jace... crying
2. Supposly he is gone...by the author...but i think he is dead...or wishing he was...
3. yeah...but i guess it did fit the angel theme of the book...
4. well...Jace tried...and then Clary helped...i guess it depends...
5. because she only got one wish...Raziel said 'I am not a genie...' so it was jace or max...and she didn't no or love max...
6. well...sebastion was a demon or part...so yeah...and she was hit in the head wit a hammer...
7. beacause she was dieing...and she didn't no FULLY that jace was her grandson...becasue what if he wasn't...that would have been awakard...

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:56 pm
Angel Scale
List of questions:

1)No, that ws the the whole scandal of the book.
2)Pretty sure once your spine is completely severed and your brain is stabbed and your just left there bleeding, ya, ur dead.
3)Ya, everyone wants more in a series usu, so its only normal.
4)Hes an angel and Valentine was pretty much trying to be 'God' so he kinda has that right. That, and ,come on, hes a freakin angel, thats like an honor for how to die. Also, though, he was kinda just taking out Clary's will.
5)One wish, no conjuctions allowed
6)Hell no. One, everyone trusted him and she was unconsious.
7)She only just realized who he was and didnt have time to explain since she was dying.  

netherfreak
Captain

Dyed Rain

Devoted Zealot

8,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:16 pm
YAY Razil or does it have a e still dont no XD  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:45 pm
Angel Scale
List of questions:

well miss little angel (cough cough....not)...hahaha...whats up with all the questions, girl?  

KAT_MASTER15

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

cyntoxification

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:07 pm
Quote:

I feel like answering these. hahahaha
I'm bored.

o1. -- No. Not gonna lie - I knew all along in my heart that something truly wasn't adding up, because of how the both of them were feeling and the fact that the insant Sabastian showed up, I had an odd feeling about the entire Jace/Clary sibling thing. Not to say incest is "bad", "good", or "right" or "wrong", because you love who you love and I believe that that fact cannot be helped, even if it's your sibling - so no, it didn't feel 'wrong'. But the way Clary and Jace felt told me that they weren't really siblings... that there was more to it than they knew, and that if they were meant to be together, it'd work itself out in the end. That's the belief I carried all the way to the end, and I thought, "I knew it!" when it turned out Sabastian was really Jonathan. I totally had a gut instinct there, and I followed it. :9
But as
netherfreak said, it's the entire scandal of the books; are they or aren't they related? That was part of the fun in reading it~.

o2. -- I think he's dead. He got stabbed, and he died. That's what I think.

o3. -- For sure, there's a longing for more TMI. I think I never want the TMI story to be truly done. D: I was sad when I finished CoG. But the ending explanations made me really happy and satisfied me enough.

o4. -- Actually, I expected it to be Jace, but then it wasn't, and it was like a rewarding mini-twist! I liked how it all played out. XD A part of me expected and pictured Jace doing the job, but I'm glad with the actual death of Valentine.

o5. -- Hell no. Max is Izz/Alec's sibling (Jace's too, in a way, for sure), and if she could only ask for one thing in the world, one wish, it's likely the first person she would think of would be Jace - she loves him to no end. Not surprising at all. As much as I wished Max could be revived, I also know that if I was Clary, I probably would have said Jace overall as well. I don't think it makes her selfish. It makes her a human being. I don't think she really processed the entire moment, since having a wish granted is pretty genie-esque and surreal. All she wanted was for Jace to breathe again, for things to be normal once again.. I dunno. Just my thoughts on the state of her psyche at that point. n n'

o6. -- No. I really don't. I don't think it was anyone's fault, except for the circumstances. There's definitely different things that could've happened, he could've been spared, but I also think it's a lesson of 'things happen for a reason', people die and live and die again, and it just happens in a cycle, and even though Max was waay too young to die, he ended up being lost anyways, and that's just how it was. I don't blame his sister, because I'm sure she blames herself for his death even though nobody else hates or truly can fault her for it. I dunno. There's definitely an argument there, but personally, as a reader who wintnessed the scene and put myself in her shoes, Max's, and everyone else's, I don't blame her.

o7. -- Mystery, suspense, foreshadowing, fun stuff! 8D I think if characters said things obvious and flat-out blunt like that, books would be boring. Or perhaps she had her own motives or agenda partaining to her choice not to tell him. Maybe she was unsure herself at the time, or before saying it. Who knows? That's the fun of it all. |D

Thatwasfunharhar. :B
Anyhow, I convinced mom to buy me CoB and CoA so I'm going to go spend the day RE-READING THE GLORIOUSNESS. ♥♥♥ EEEEEEE.

Mortal Instruments Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff