Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
My gay vampire is cooler than yours~! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SO?
  Edward
  Lestat
View Results

Jadera1700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:58 am
Nosferatu scared the hell out of me as a kid. The light/day play was too much for my little kiddo brain! ^_^

If we're going for looks, yay Stewart Townsend.
If we're going for story, Lestat, but I'm not really happy with either him or Edward. Lestat is really just eye candy. And the soundtrack to QoTD was nice, too.

Edward makes me kinda nauseous.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:53 pm
Jadera1700
Nosferatu scared the hell out of me as a kid. The light/day play was too much for my little kiddo brain! ^_^

If we're going for story, Lestat, but I'm not really happy with either him or Edward. Lestat is really just eye candy. And the soundtrack to QoTD was nice, too.

I haven't seen the movie or read the book (twilight) and to be honest i don't really want to. Edward is toooo perfect-the Superman of vampires. While I admit that the whole turning to ash just because of a little sun was annoying, I feel like Twilight takes it too far from what I've seen. I always thought of Vampires just being able to heal REALY fast, not be nearly impossible to injure. Given a choice between the two, I'd have to say Lestat. To be honest though I've always been a fan of certain Buffy vampires.... Now if you'll excuse me I have to go run for my life from insane Twilight fangirls....  

OldBlueGenes

Benevolent Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Jadera1700

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:53 am
Bonniebluejeans
Jadera1700

I haven't seen the movie or read the book (twilight) and to be honest i don't really want to. Edward is toooo perfect-the Superman of vampires. While I admit that the whole turning to ash just because of a little sun was annoying, I feel like Twilight takes it too far from what I've seen. I always thought of Vampires just being able to heal REALY fast, not be nearly impossible to injure. Given a choice between the two, I'd have to say Lestat. To be honest though I've always been a fan of certain Buffy vampires.... Now if you'll excuse me I have to go run for my life from insane Twilight fangirls....

Amen. You've done well to stay away from him. He sparkles and could take an eye out I'm sure. :3  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:51 pm
Atheist Guy
the vampire has changen in the reason centurie from count dracula to,blade 2,30 days of night my favorite vampires,to the new vampires from twiilight hotness

so really their just different in the look but same in the perspective of their likeing off blood...well most vampires dont fall in love like in 30 days of night movie sucked thought

I find the idea of a vampire falling in love a little ridiculous in all honesty. I mean, they're portrayed as creatures of instinct unable to resist feeding for the most part, so I prefer when any vampiric relationships maintain that victim/vampire duality and are instead purely predatory or sexual.  

loIitoads

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:40 am
To be honest vampires popularity comes from the idea of being able to never grow old, never having any real responsibility, and the sexuality. Every persons fantasy. I remember wandering the streets at night in the hopes of being attacked by a vampire when I was a teen. And of course that never happened. I love paranormal stuff and have spent a lot of time reading on vampires, werewolves, ghosts etc. I feel stupid now for ever thinking that being a vampire would be cool considering what I know now about "real vampires". The closest you could ever get to being a vampire(as depicted in movies and books) is to become a "psychic vampire" and then you'd still have to figure out immortality and looking good. As far as fictional vampires go, I still think Lestat embodied the ultimate modern idea of the vampire.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:30 pm
Lolicat von Doom
Atheist Guy
the vampire has changen in the reason centurie from count dracula to,blade 2,30 days of night my favorite vampires,to the new vampires from twiilight hotness

so really their just different in the look but same in the perspective of their likeing off blood...well most vampires dont fall in love like in 30 days of night movie sucked thought

I find the idea of a vampire falling in love a little ridiculous in all honesty. I mean, they're portrayed as creatures of instinct unable to resist feeding for the most part, so I prefer when any vampiric relationships maintain that victim/vampire duality and are instead purely predatory or sexual.

in did but to see a vampire in a different sense of character seems odd does a vapire need to have a large mouth like the 30 D.O.N or human look like Let the right one in

Atheist Guy

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:58 pm
Saint Kimo
To be honest vampires popularity comes from the idea of being able to never grow old, never having any real responsibility, and the sexuality. Every persons fantasy. I remember wandering the streets at night in the hopes of being attacked by a vampire when I was a teen. And of course that never happened. I love paranormal stuff and have spent a lot of time reading on vampires, werewolves, ghosts etc. I feel stupid now for ever thinking that being a vampire would be cool considering what I know now about "real vampires". The closest you could ever get to being a vampire(as depicted in movies and books) is to become a "psychic vampire" and then you'd still have to figure out immortality and looking good. As far as fictional vampires go, I still think Lestat embodied the ultimate modern idea of the vampire.
The whole "psychic vampire" thing is a load. It's just some dumb term that was popularized by a bunch of teenie-bopper "Wiccans" and "Pagans" who know nothing of the religions they subscribe to. I find it morally offensive that these people run around under the pretense that they are actually pagan. The great majority of them do it for the "magicks" rather than the soulful feeling of actually believing for the sake of believing.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:48 am
[Hollow Point]
Saint Kimo
The whole "psychic vampire" thing is a load. It's just some dumb term that was popularized by a bunch of teenie-bopper "Wiccans" and "Pagans" who know nothing of the religions they subscribe to. I find it morally offensive that these people run around under the pretense that they are actually pagan. The great majority of them do it for the "magicks" rather than the soulful feeling of actually believing for the sake of believing.

Very true Hollow. I know a few wiccans myself and I rarely even hear them talk about it. But I guess everybody has got to believe in something.  

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:06 am
But that's just it. They don't believe.
Not even they believe in the mall goff bullshit that comes out of their mouths half the time. It's disgusting.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:41 am
I thought the idea of psychic vampirism was popularised by LaVey in his Satanic bible? I could be wrong, but that's the first in depth analysis of it that I remember. That said, it was held to be a thing with negative connotations and really only meant people who try to being you down.  

loIitoads

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:34 pm
LaVey mentioned it, yes. But he put it into correct context.
The whole "psychic vampire" thing that I'm talking about is when these little mall goffs talk about how they are a literal psychic vampire who is more relative to a succubus or incubus in nature.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:42 pm
I've also read that you could be a psychic vampire and not even know it. My brother and a friend of ours jokes that my mom is one. Who knows though. It'd be nice to think that there are such creatures in the world. Instead of just us humans.  

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

velorie

Beloved Lunatic

27,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:55 pm
lestat <3...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:21 am
Ugh. I know a few people who I'd swear are those pshycic vampires. After I get through talking to them I have a splitting headache and I feel drained of all my energy and have to go lie down. "Psychic vampire" sounds like a term some psychologist came up with. In fact I think I've heard it used that way before.  

OldBlueGenes

Benevolent Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Elocutionist 200

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:28 pm
It's an idiot term that has been taken WAY out of context in modern day usage.

wikipedia
Dion Fortune wrote of psychic parasitism in relation to vampirism as early as 1930 (considering it a combination of psychic and psychological pathology) in "Psychic Self-Defense". [4] The term "psychic vampire" first gained attention in the 1960s with the publication of Anton LaVey's Satanic Bible. LaVey, who stated he had coined the term,[5] used it to mean a paranormal entity within such a person allowing the psychic draining of energy from other people. Adam Parfrey likewise attributed the term to LaVey in an introduction to The Devil's Notebook

The theme of the psychic vampire has been a focus within modern vampire subculture. The way that the subculture has manipulated the image of the psychic vampire has been investigated by researchers such as Mark Benecke[6] and A. Asbjorn Jon.[7] Jon has noted that, like the traditional psychic vampires, those of vampire subculture believe that they 'prey upon life-force or 'pranic' energy'.[8]

T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff