Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Who Considers Sci-Fi channel's movies good? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:02 pm
Actually. The Lost Room was decent. I watched an episode.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:46 pm
And she held her sword...

I don't consider a lot of them necessarily good, but I do enjoy them nonetheless.

...and she smiled like a knife.

Malice Faerie

7,500 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Invisibility 100

Dark Neko God

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:45 pm
Stargate having bad characteristics? no morality complications? or political complications? i can admit to the CGI but at least not every character goes freaking insane or turns into a robot O.o and how could u say no political? its all about freaking war in space!!! okay morality.... not too many episodes about it but if u actually watch it enough and only missed 1 or 2 episodes... (>.> yea i is addicted to sci-fi shows) there is alot of tests of teamwork and friendship and doing the right thing >.< and its characters aren't awful... i mean u can get most of Stargate without seeing it all but with Battlestar Galactica u have to watch ever freaking second to know whats going on... thats like wat? 8 years+ of series? And yea ghost hunters may be fake but its kinda fun to watch em trip out XD  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:17 pm
It’s not political in the meaning that the show doesn’t have an underlying real-world political message. Whether or not there is politics in the show is irrelevant. Take the new film Frost/Nixon for example: It is largely a film about the Frost/Nixon interviews, however, Ron Howard filmed it in such a manner and included such fallacies that it would be more of a commentary on the Bush Administration than any commentary on the Nixon administration.

Also, I've noticed that most Scifi shows contain a certain level of moral ambiguity, in the sense that most characters are embodied in the "means justify the end" sense of things.  

[Hollow Point]

Diana Ishtar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:55 pm
I think I'm beginning to understand why most people (myself included) do not or no longer watch that channel. I've beenout of the states up untill a few months ago and just never noticed the bad line up they have.

That said. Scifi channel USED TO BE GOOD! I mean while the ending may have been on the down hill, Farscape was a good show! Stargate used to be a good show but they started wrecking it after a few seasons. I don't like Battle . . . Correction I don't like the new Battlestar Galactica. I only needed to see one episode of the original to know that the first season of the new one doesn't measure up and the comercials tell me it's only gotten worse.

*sigh* No. Perhaps The Dresden Files was SciFi's last good show. Too bad it only lasted one season!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:45 pm
some of there movies are good others are not that good but they are almost always entertaining  

duble_duble_toil_n_truble

Jadera1700

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:30 am
some of there movies are good others are not that good but they are almost always entertaining

It provides filler entertainment, most of which is extremely fun with a handful of friends who understand the terms. You can kinda like it, but you can't love it.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:31 pm
Jadera1700

It provides filler entertainment, most of which is extremely fun with a handful of friends who understand the terms. You can kinda like it, but you can't love it.

I loved The Dresden Files (I know it was a tv show not a movie but that's beside the point).  

Diana Ishtar

loIitoads

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:32 am
Diana Ishtar
That said. Scifi channel USED TO BE GOOD! I mean while the ending may have been on the down hill, Farscape was a good show! Stargate used to be a good show but they started wrecking it after a few seasons. I don't like Battle . . . Correction I don't like the new Battlestar Galactica. I only needed to see one episode of the original to know that the first season of the new one doesn't measure up and the comercials tell me it's only gotten worse.

lolwut, the new Battlestar Galactica doesn't measure up? It provides a considerable amount more depth than the old show, which was rooted in outdated ideas and featured a stupid male-focused gallantry whereas the new series has engaged with a range of new ideas, providing more than a merely visceral thrill and elevating it to the level of great sci fi. Sure, it can be criticised for the fact that many actions seem to have no long-lasting reprecussions, but other than that it is a tightly controlled and well written drama. As for watching commercials to 'tell' you about a show, I can't even comment on the inanity of that.

@Headhunt2: Stargate does not engage with the real world moralistically, no. '[T]ests of teamwork and friendship and doing the right thing' are all a component part of any organisation based science fiction show, but Stargate adds nothing to the equation. There is no exploration of the government's role or the military's interaction with other cultures, any meetings that happen tend to be based around one pontate with no further references to the culture. Nor is there any engagement with personal issues, which Battlestar explores in depth, like motherhood, women's rights to control their bodies, sentience and artificial intelligence. Stargate sees a universe full of alien creatures who are essentially representative of a human emotion each, whereas even the antagonists in Battlestar grow and develop.

As for the format, I personally prefer story arcs to the episodic resets of Stargate, because it feels like a more developed and mature system.  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:59 pm
Lolicat von Doom
Diana Ishtar

lolwut, the new Battlestar Galactica doesn't measure up? It provides a considerable amount more depth than the old show, which was rooted in outdated ideas and featured a stupid male-focused gallantry whereas the new series has engaged with a range of new ideas, providing more than a merely visceral thrill and elevating it to the level of great sci fi. Sure, it can be criticised for the fact that many actions seem to have no long-lasting reprecussions, but other than that it is a tightly controlled and well written drama. As for watching commercials to 'tell' you about a show, I can't even comment on the inanity of that.

@Headhunt2: Stargate does not engage with the real world moralistically, no. '[T]ests of teamwork and friendship and doing the right thing' are all a component part of any organisation based science fiction show, but Stargate adds nothing to the equation. There is no exploration of the government's role or the military's interaction with other cultures, any meetings that happen tend to be based around one pontate with no further references to the culture. Nor is there any engagement with personal issues, which Battlestar explores in depth, like motherhood, women's rights to control their bodies, sentience and artificial intelligence. Stargate sees a universe full of alien creatures who are essentially representative of a human emotion each, whereas even the antagonists in Battlestar grow and develop.

As for the format, I personally prefer story arcs to the episodic resets of Stargate, because it feels like a more developed and mature system.

you are so wise.  

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Daemon Mama

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:48 pm
I LOVE the 'original' SciFi movies. So bad they're good. I am an "older' human who still remembers getting in my jammies and going to the drive in movies. We would watch the main feature and then stay for the B movie after. So much fun. I remember Attack of the Killer Tomatoes and Day of the Triffids -- good times, good times.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:59 pm
HELLO STARGATE WAS AN AMAZING SHOW! IT WAS INTERNATIONAL FOR PETE'S SAKE! I MEAN IN LIKE 40 COUNTRIES AND THERE ARE SOME GOOD SCI-FI MOVIES. I WATCH THE SATURDAY MOVIES ALMOST EVERY WEEK (THE DESCENT IS ON RIGHT NOW IT IS REALLY GROSS SO THERE ARE SOME BAD MOVIES) THERE ARE A LOT OF GREAT SHOWS LIKE EUREKA, PRIMEVAL, STARGATE(WAS) STARGATE ATLANTIS (STILL GOING?) DOCTOR WHO ETC. THEY'RE DIFFERENT AND HAVE WAY BETTER CONCEPTS THAN SOME OF THE REALITY CRAP ON OTHER CHANNELS!  

rEaLiTy_vs_fAiRyTaLeS

Dark Neko God

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:15 am
sorry i haven't been on in a bit i had s**t connection... anyways yea Primeval aint scifi though.... it origanally aired on BBC america.... the first season is just now showing on sci fi but the 2nd season is already on BBC america if u have comcast its on the Tv entertainment section under BBC America under Primeval... idk how up to date it is cause i missed todays episode and idk if it was updated.... but yea SEASON 2 of PRIMEVAL KICKS a**!!!!!! >.> gopher dino thingies <.<  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 am
I say again STARGATE SG1 sucked a**. The characters sucked a**. It sucked a**!!  

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items