what was your first concert? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Veddhartha

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:36 am
ThisEmptySoul
I've actually only been to two concerts in my lifetime. My very first one was Weird Al Yankovic and the second one was 311 with Alien Ant Farm.

Green Day used to be my favorite band. You should take me instead of your daughter.

You've seen Weird Al Yankovic live! The envy! surprised  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:24 am
Yes, but oddly enough there weren't that many people there. A friend of mine who bought his ticket right before the show was to start actually got a floor seat. I thought it was kind of odd that there were chairs since normally at concerts {at least in all the concerts I saw on T.V.}, everyone would be standing, but I guess they didn't think Weird Al was "hardcore" enough for people to want to stand the entire time.

But seriously, why would people not want to watch Weird Al?

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

obe1ball

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:22 am
My first concert was METALLICA!!!!!!!!!!!!! twisted  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:18 am
My first concert was the Beatles at Maple Leaf Garden in Toronto. The tickets were something like $6.50. It was 1965. I was 16 years old and screamed myself hoarse.  

georgecat

Arudento Jigyouka

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:29 am
I've actually never been to a concert... ^ ^;;  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:47 am
dahliarose
Nei1
I went to a Frankie Valley concert at Six Flags Great Adventure. I know it's not great as some of the concerts you went to, but I had fun.

actually, i like frankie valley. 3nodding

since then i've seen STP 3 times, linkin park twice, my chemical romance, snow patrol (at red rocks. it was AWESOME! red rocks is like no where else!) and red hot chili peppers.

also, i took my mom to see the police when they were on thier reunion tour. the tickets were SOOOO expensive and it was at the pepsi center. we were like, literally, 3 rows from the very TOP of the arena and the sound was so bad!! crying my mom was just happy breathing the same air as Sting though, so i guess it worked out okay. biggrin
I like him too, however his voice isn't what it used to b, unable to hit those high notes. Every time he about to. he pointed the mic towards the crowd and let them sing the note.  

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100

September Wolf

Wintry Dragon

21,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:21 pm
georgecat
My first concert was the Beatles at Maple Leaf Garden in Toronto. The tickets were something like $6.50. It was 1965. I was 16 years old and screamed myself hoarse.

How cool is that!!  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:19 pm
georgecat

that....is AWESOME!!!!! you rule! heart  

dahliarose

iX Sugar_N_Spice Xi

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:14 pm
My first concert was with a friend of mine and we went to see "Alabama". It was fun...not my first pick, but 'Hey', it was free. *giggles*  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:37 pm
obe1ball
My first concert was METALLICA!!!!!!!!!!!!! twisted

That would have been my dream first concert.  

Lil-Jo
Crew

wolfen26

Conservative Werewolf

6,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:48 pm
First concert: The Beach Boys

Most Recent: Pat Benetar. She is really cool.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:18 am
ThisEmptySoul
Yes, but oddly enough there weren't that many people there. A friend of mine who bought his ticket right before the show was to start actually got a floor seat. I thought it was kind of odd that there were chairs since normally at concerts {at least in all the concerts I saw on T.V.}, everyone would be standing, but I guess they didn't think Weird Al was "hardcore" enough for people to want to stand the entire time.

But seriously, why would people not want to watch Weird Al?

I believe he's not so well known... (Outside USA, Yankovic seems a thing that only media & art people plus similar ones know) Or people just pick more often the serious bands gig over more humorous. xp

My last gig was last summer, Iron Maiden. I was very happy, for I get to go gigs very rarely.  

Veddhartha

punkmama72

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:59 pm
Culture Club 1984! I was 12, it was awesome! My 13 year old daughter went to her 1st last Sunday Fall Out Boy  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:42 am
This is incredibly embarrassing, but my first concert was Wham! I loved George Michael so much, lol.

No Doubt (with Paramore) is coming to the same arena, actually, so I might go see them in July.  

elusivebreath

Sugary Sweetheart

4,150 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250

Veunus Rahl

Distinct Kitten

8,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:03 pm
My first and only concert was when I was urm 17 and it was NSYNC xd
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Music Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff