Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Star Trek or Star Wars? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trekkie or Jedi?
  Beam me up, Scotty!
  Luke, I am your father!
View Results

Chokolate Thief

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:02 am
Lolicat von Doom
CandycaneRockstAr
Well, my pick if for star wars. Star Wars is a phenomenon and is more well liked by alot of people. I have never really been a big star trek fan, though I must admit that I truly loved the movie. I saw it twice because I enjoyed it sooo much.. but still ,star wars is jsut soo much better... no offense to the hottie spock!

Star Trek is an equally big, if not bigger phenomenon. The original series was popular across the board, not just in the nerdy sector. Also, its message of unity, hope and friendship is a lot better than Star Wars basic lack of any moral framework beyond 'dictators bad!' Take into account that Star Trek had the first black/white kiss on television, and you've got a show with a lot of impact there.

Movies can be good without "moral framework." It's called having fun.  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:06 pm
Star Trek's deeper, but for popcorn and fun Star Wars is what I'd pick.  

XHoshi_no_HikariX

loIitoads

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:30 am
Chokolate Thief
Lolicat von Doom
CandycaneRockstAr
Well, my pick if for star wars. Star Wars is a phenomenon and is more well liked by alot of people. I have never really been a big star trek fan, though I must admit that I truly loved the movie. I saw it twice because I enjoyed it sooo much.. but still ,star wars is jsut soo much better... no offense to the hottie spock!

Star Trek is an equally big, if not bigger phenomenon. The original series was popular across the board, not just in the nerdy sector. Also, its message of unity, hope and friendship is a lot better than Star Wars basic lack of any moral framework beyond 'dictators bad!' Take into account that Star Trek had the first black/white kiss on television, and you've got a show with a lot of impact there.

Of course, but I enjoy the message that Star Trek sends. I don't see why people regard something having a little more depth as not being fun, especially when Star Trek isn't really subtle or anything.  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 3:53 pm
Lolicat von Doom
Chokolate Thief
Lolicat von Doom
CandycaneRockstAr

Of course, but I enjoy the message that Star Trek sends. I don't see why people regard something having a little more depth as not being fun, especially when Star Trek isn't really subtle or anything.

You're right, just the way you phrased it was a little condescending. Star Trek is still fun.  

Chokolate Thief

LunaSoulKeeper

4,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:38 pm
Trekki Over Here! Star Wars is pretty big to me too but only the first three that were made ~ the movies for Star Wars that have been made since the ending were too far ahead and became messy in green screens. I cant get over the Star Treck movie that came out ~ I got to see it in digital and the sheer quality of the film was great.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:16 pm
Star Trek. ^^

iMindless Cookie

Dapper Shopper

Azaveil

8,050 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:29 am
Amoriel
StarGate, pre-Atlantis ^^

Lol, I don't think that was an option, but I love it too. In fact, I like both the original and Atlantis. The new series "Universe" starts in July.

Anyways, I'm a Trekky girl. Though I love Ewoks, I was never really as obsessed with Star Wars as I was with Star Trek. I mean, I wasn't obsessed with that either, I just happened to know more about it. My dad was a Trekky so I grew up watching them. However, my two versions were "Next Generation" and "Voyager". I never really watched the others... but I can't wait to see the new movie (even though it was already released in theaters a few weeks ago sweatdrop ). Unfortunately, I'm poor and have to wait for it to pop up on cable or Netflix.  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:15 pm
Battlestar Galactica.  

Quixotic Faye

peytonsawyerscott

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:27 am
i like star wars because i've seen all of them. i like star trek because of zachary quinto as mr. spock. otherwise, those coconut husk for hair turn me off.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:17 pm
New star wars or old star wars? New star trek or old star trek?  

Chokolate Thief

pepper79

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:27 pm
Love em both!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:36 pm
Both. I can't really decided. My dad's a trekie and a star wars fan. xd  

ObligationtoMercy

JnoD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:17 pm
Wars! all the way (4-6 only)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:27 pm
I'm always a "trekkie" but I am a fan of star wars 4-6.  

Therogueleader

Dangerous Deadeye

9,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Chokolate Thief

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:21 pm
I think we have a consensus that the original star wars movies were better.  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff