Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
blog much? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

it's Blog!
  No It's a trap
  No it's an arm race
  *runs*
View Results

Nemsy

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:22 pm
Addy it is time to send private messages.. hehe.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:37 pm
I blog ^^
I've started a few years ago and has been on-and-off with it XD
If you're looking for one, I'd suggest LiveJournal~ It's a nice community if you're into fandoms and such biggrin
There's also the option and friend-locking the entries, or even private-locking (aka for your eyes only)

But if you're blogging because you feel you're pressured or if everyone's doing it, then maybe it's not a good idea to try...  

Chokori

Rainbow Fatcat

12,250 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:35 pm
Thanks all! I read and I will reply to most your comments cause I have things to ask you all about but I'm still in finals so yeah.

I don't feel pressure or jumping into the bandwagon though it's just that a few of my teachers said that I am a damn good writer when I put my mind to it and I think Blogging would be a good way to keep my English skills up and I don't mind who reads about all my crazy ideas. I mean I share them with all my fellow Gaia users and only the trolls seem to mind sweatdrop

Lol you all rock as usual  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:30 pm
Perhaps you could write them here?

Hmm...another idea idea  

Aralik
Captain

Agile Rogue

7,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Tonight in Flames

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:32 pm
Blogs, yum ;D  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:42 am
blogs are always fun. A good way to get all your anger out if something bad has happened. xd  

TrueBlood225

Kaiki.Juliet

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:02 am
I blogg on Blogger.com It was a school assignment that i still keep up with, thing you want to remember about bloggs is you don't want to name people, if you do make sure you don't include last names or places. just for your protection and the protection of others. Happy Blogging!

<3Kaiki.Juliet  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:44 am
sure nemsy, send me a pm and i shall send you a link

and xalikar, i write hardcore guy on guy erotic stories, if i posted them here id be banned so fast temporal mechanics wouldn't be able to calculate the speed of my banning  

Adrinix

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:38 pm
I used to love reading things of that nature. I probably still would if I could find some that were good. Most I find are just really bad though, or about some anime/videogame/tv show characters that I can't stand. Although, I have to admit that even a well written erotic story about characters I hate can interest me. I hate Harry Potter, for instance, but I read a good one on that subject that kept me interested. whee  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:32 pm
daft alchemist
I used to love reading things of that nature. I probably still would if I could find some that were good. Most I find are just really bad though, or about some anime/videogame/tv show characters that I can't stand. Although, I have to admit that even a well written erotic story about characters I hate can interest me. I hate Harry Potter, for instance, but I read a good one on that subject that kept me interested. whee

lol! I know what you mean..
Sometimes things can be so annoying/bad, that it's amusing enough to keep going XD  

Chokori

Rainbow Fatcat

12,250 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150

may_death come_quick

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:28 am
i dont blog?  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:08 pm
Well... I don't blog so much as babble... ^^ I post on the journal section in Deviantart.... ^^  

TeddyBear12009

Epistemologist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:21 pm
Miss-dark8607
Does any one blog around here? I was thinking about starting a very general/daily ranting blog on of the free popular ones. (Might help keep my English avg as well)

So if you are a blogger or someone who read people blogs.

Which site do you blog in?

What makes a good blog?

Any tips to a newbie like me?
IF you look up stuff about blogging on google, you'll find tons of great information. http://www.copyblogger.com/ this site is AMAZING for bloggers, tons of useful information.

Running a successful blog is difficult, its hard to get a following- but if your writing simply to write then it'll work out well.

Top 5 things to say:

- Write steadily, try to write once a day or once every other day, don't write 3 articles one day then none for a month.

- Don't waste a bunch of money getting started, start with a free service until your sure you plan to continue, then buy the domain and hosting service.

- Make sure to give email updates/rss feed- they are extremely useful for maintaining interested readers.

- Always, ALWAYS edit your work. Make sure its grammatically correct, try to keep it short and too the point. Use good catch phrases.

- Try to write about something that is focused, you can't expect to write about all movies and music and get a following of people, focus on a target group that can relate to most/all of your articles rather than just one. If you find you want to write about a different subject down the road when you've set up your first blog, start a second blog on that subject.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:51 pm
I'm not so much into "bloggin'". I'd rather write it down with my own hands on paper, like in many of my journals.  

Houseki

Sparkly Smoker

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:02 pm
Coolness thanks for all the tips folks. I'll let you know if I ever get started sweatdrop  
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games