Welcome to Gaia! ::

Arts of the Midnight

Back to Guilds

Where time is not a boundary for dreams. 

Tags: arts, painting, music, movies, randomness 

Reply Visual Arts
My art Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yami Kisei

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:07 am
lol good luck^^
Lost_In_My_Own_Darkness
i cant make up my mind

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:05 am
MiniFruitSalad
ooh, very nice.
I like your style, i don't think i could ever do that razz
I'm new to this guild too, and everyone here seems waay too talented >.<

thank you

and if you keep trying im sure you will be able to draw better then i can one day  

Lost_In_My_Own_Darkness

Lost_In_My_Own_Darkness

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:07 am
cosplayer yami kisei
lol good luck^^
Lost_In_My_Own_Darkness
i cant make up my mind

Well i was always told from a little kid there is no such thing as luck
but i get what you said m^_^m
thank you  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:46 am
I love your artwork!  

XxDreamerr-LovexX

XxDreamerr-LovexX

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:51 am
YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:50 pm
nice work smile

it's great that you have a feel for cast shadows- a lot of people forget about them, but there very apparent in your work. the shadow on the girl's left shoulder [of your originals] isn't shaded in though and should be, [for consistancy with the arm]

the next step in shading would be to study how to create texture with shades. not all materal is shaded equally, such as hair vs. skin.

amosa

Lost_In_My_Own_Darkness

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:09 pm
xviethuongx
YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!

thank you  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:15 pm
amosa
nice work smile

it's great that you have a feel for cast shadows- a lot of people forget about them, but there very apparent in your work. the shadow on the girl's left shoulder [of your originals] isn't shaded in though and should be, [for consistancy with the arm]

the next step in shading would be to study how to create texture with shades. not all materal is shaded equally, such as hair vs. skin.

thank you very much.
i thank that shadows is my strong point, but i do also understand that one never stop learning. Also i think that i do better on something that i can have a reference to look at. i don't thank that my original work is that good. All that aside thank you, and ill try to do better next time.  

Lost_In_My_Own_Darkness

Lost_In_My_Own_Darkness

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:21 pm
here is something that i slapped to gather at the park in a good 5 minute sketch. I inked this with a double sided sharpie. i plan on drawling it again and see if i can make it look a little better. i thank the ink messed it up. it has been a heck of a long time since i inked something.
User Image

the words are just something that was floating around my mind i don't remember where they came from or what inspired them. back in high school i done a lot of dark poems but i don't think that i got it anymore.  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:31 pm
here is another drawling that i done on memorialzx day but my family didn't tell me that they were going to smoke every thing out when they lit the grill and i got grease all over this one.
tell what you think minus the grease
User Image
heads too long xp crying  

Lost_In_My_Own_Darkness

Flotsum_18

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:30 pm
My favorite is the second pen piece, it is well rendered and connected. It has a lovely expression too. Very good. The first pen piece probably needs the shading to have more range in tone(just cross hatch with wider spaces in between.) The pencil drawings do look quite nice, but I recommend giving more contrast in them. The lack of tone range makes the piece a little bland so more contrast should work well. The composition is nice though.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:47 am
Flotsum_18
My favorite is the second pen piece, it is well rendered and connected. It has a lovely expression too. Very good. The first pen piece probably needs the shading to have more range in tone(just cross hatch with wider spaces in between.) The pencil drawings do look quite nice, but I recommend giving more contrast in them. The lack of tone range makes the piece a little bland so more contrast should work well. The composition is nice though.

thank you for your comments I've been trying to work on my shading more.
these are older pics and i have already inked them and no longer have my dip pen and cant do anything else to it, i don't think that a sharpie quite cuts it. but i will try to improve on the subject which u have brought up.  

Lost_In_My_Own_Darkness

Artistic Licence

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:57 am
If you're looking for crit and suggestions you can always stop by JAVA. ^_^ It's a joint pricing and crit thread. Lots of great tips and tutorials on the front page, and lots of helpful artists who volunteer there. We're also hosting an art contest if you're interested, so consider checking that out too. (:  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:32 pm
think you but im not quite ready for priceing and such  

Lost_In_My_Own_Darkness

Visual Arts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out