Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
What stops people from living life to the fullest? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nariana

Hygienic Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:08 pm
Well, insecurities. Fear. Uncertainty about the future. Just not knowing enough. Many things can stop people from living the fullest in life.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:55 pm
first thing i thought of was peer pressure and being afraid of not fitting in with the "crowd"  

4ever_lost in_ ur eyes

Sir Francis XLII

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:46 pm
In fact, the answer is fear as you have stated in the first post. But, there can also be a multitude of reasons. Some people just want to live a peaceful life, instead of one packed with adrenaline rushes. Another could be that they don't have enough money to do so.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:48 pm
I think I'm going to have to agree with everyone who says fear. Now I'm going to go into a long explaination with lots of examples. Love is one of the things that makes your life full. A lot of people, believe it or not, are afraid of love because of the heartbreak that sometimes follows. So they build this wall around their heart to block it from love. Therefor they don't live their life to the fullest. Others are afraid of dying. If you live too full, then you might get physically hurt... and possibly die.
Then there is the fear of rejection. People who live thier life to the fullest stand out, and are often rejected because they're "weird". So many people try to avoid this and just go along with everyone else who is doing absolutely nothing fun with their life.
So yeah, fear is the main factor in your question.

little eigth note

Kayia Hayashi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:27 pm
A lot of people are afraid of the consequences!

-What people will think about them
-How much trouble they can get into
-If they would upset someone else
- If they could DIE!
etc.

I'm not sure what stops me! Probably because I could die!

Other than that, I always try to live life to its fullest! xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:19 pm
Some people say fear.....money....things like that..the reason no one lives to there fullest is because they want something they havent been able to pervide......You can not have everything you want and still live to the fullest just be happy with yourself and your already there..  

Monako SM

Feline Shapeshifter

13,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100

xXx_takashi58_xXx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:37 pm
They commit suicide because they know life is the same for everyone. You are born, growing up to go to school for 12 years (more years if fail, less years if smart/dropped out). Then there's college. you go there for a long time an when you get out, you have to work, even during the summers, and if you stop doing what you do in life, you will die.

See, people want to relax as long as the time as they take to work. They say there are no stop points. They also say "What's the point of living if we're going to die?" I would type more but I'm running out of ideas.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:39 pm
You can live however you want Marxer SOME people I suppose Life ist the same for ALL people You have to make the diffenents in your life YOU have to choice if its worth living Boredom reaptiveness is all based on the human exitents WE are selves have choosen I could easly take that tiem to work to do something that I love even if its reaptive I can still acomplish something that makes me feel full as Can anyone if they take the time.  

Monako SM

Feline Shapeshifter

13,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100

Jfh360

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:22 am
Other people can prevent one from living life to the fullest  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:16 pm
Law.

Well, that's what's stopping me currently.  

Zagachan

Wheezing Gekko

5,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100

kerrowe

Unsealed Miko

36,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:00 pm
I justt think everyone is afraid of the consequenses if there wasn't any most people would be doing every thing  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:21 pm
The fear that things won't work out the same or as well than if they just let life come to them.  

PenPhantom

chessiejo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:04 am
i have a chronic illness that holds me back  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:05 am
Maybe the loss of confidence or such circumstances.  

adrena_extermina

Geistfahrer

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:01 pm
debt  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items