Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Burton's Alice Official [Now with Trailer!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alice in Wonderland
  of course!
View Results

Valkyrie_Saphria

Hilarious Fairy

5,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:26 pm
Stop Dont Believin
Personally, I think Tim Burton is a really, really bad director.
And I've never seen an adaption of Alice in Wonderland that did the book justice at all. Not even the Disney version.

Plus, the style and the actor's makeup and costumes scare the crap out of me. Especially Helena Bonham Carter's giant freaking head D:

How can you say he's a bad director?
He takes his vision for some of the most wonderful stories imaginable and makes them into something grand.

I honestly cannot wait for this. Tim Burton is probably my most favorite person in the entire world. I adore and treasure his movies. Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice, and Sleepy Hollow were beyond amazing.

xTx Monty xTx
just imagine they start re-doing all the old disney classic and making them into a more darker movie
can you say overkill

That's not exactly what Tim is going for you know.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:39 am
Valkyrie_Saphria
Stop Dont Believin
And I've never seen an adaption of Alice in Wonderland that did the book justice at all. Not even the Disney version.

Plus, the style and the actor's makeup and costumes scare the crap out of me. Especially Helena Bonham Carter's giant freaking head D:

He takes his vision for some of the most wonderful stories imaginable and makes them into something grand.

I honestly cannot wait for this. Tim Burton is probably my most favorite person in the entire world. I adore and treasure his movies. Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice, and Sleepy Hollow were beyond amazing.

xTx Monty xTx
just imagine they start re-doing all the old disney classic and making them into a more darker movie
can you say overkill

His films are formulaic trash that appeals to the same group time and time again, the man has no vision or real talent. A great director is capable of changing his vision and improving upon it, moving from his roots to something greater. Burton just makes pop-trash to line shelves and sell tickets. Some of it is entertaining, but it's been a long time since he's made something worth seeing, the whole 'dark take, oh so gothic' thing is a shambling corpse.  

loIitoads

xTx Monty xTx

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:56 pm
this is the reason why movie tend to suck. cause it the same story just told with a different tone. ******** when they gonna make something new oh wait i forgot their hasn't been a dam movie this year or next that actually liked  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:46 pm
Valkyrie_Saphria
Stop Dont Believin

xTx Monty xTx
can you say overkill

Well in my opinion, he IS a bad director. He uses the same themes and actors in all of his films because they make tons of money. He is trying to ride in on Johnny Depp's talent since he doesn't have any of his own.
Of course I am totally biased. No director could tell Alice in Wonderland as well as Lewis Carroll did in the book. There are just too many puns that don't translate well into spoken dialogue. The whole story does better on paper.  

Stop Dont Believin

Golden Girl

25,150 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Scarface 150

xTx Monty xTx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:45 pm
after watchin the trailer johnny depp still look like a tranvestite *****. and sadly didnt see nothing of the caterpilliar thou which pissed me off  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:28 am
Alice is suppost to be a kid. not an adult!!! (or teenager)  

Gypsey_Girl

Fashionable Shopper

7,175 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

xTx Monty xTx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:24 pm
actually from my point of view she a teenager like 16 or 17  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:30 am
xTx Monty xTx
after watchin the trailer johnny depp still look like a tranvestite *****. and sadly didnt see nothing of the caterpilliar thou which pissed me off
What's a ***** supposed to look like?  

Quixotic Faye

OldBlueGenes

Benevolent Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:55 am
Quixotic Faye
xTx Monty xTx

There's a trailer? Its google time...

Edit

Okay, I'm back.
Johnny depp's Hatter creeped me out. He has a gap in his front teeth! It looked like there was a raisin there.... razz

Are they doing that thing where they combine both books? The ending tagline was "go through the looking glass"

?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:54 am
Bonniebluejeans
Quixotic Faye
xTx Monty xTx

There's a trailer? Its google time...

Edit

Okay, I'm back.
Johnny depp's Hatter creeped me out. He has a gap in his front teeth! It looked like there was a raisin there.... razz

Are they doing that thing where they combine both books? The ending tagline was "go through the looking glass"

?

maybe idk
as someone said
i don't know what tim burton going for
but he killed the mad hatter  

xTx Monty xTx

JuilianFai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:11 pm
I personally can't wait for this movie. While I wasn't the biggest fan of Charlie [that's mostly due to the fact that I just dislike the story], I am a huge fan of Alice in Wonderland. I like Tim Burton's style [whatever it is you want to call it], and I love a lot of the actors/actresses that are involved in this movie.
In short: is it March yet?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:20 pm
Stop Dont Believin
No director could tell Alice in Wonderland as well as Lewis Carroll did in the book. There are just too many puns that don't translate well into spoken dialogue. The whole story does better on paper.

Well, as Lewis Carroll wrote the book, I'd hope his version is the best whee
I think that's the beauty of Hollywood though...or lack thereof. Screenwriters and directors take many beautiful things and make them crap, and then try to sell it back to us, because no one has any creativity anymore. If you've noticed, many movies nowadays are either sequels or prequels to past movies, remakes, or just......stupid. Damn waste of money.
But sadly that's what Hollywood is about. And EVERYONE knows no matter how bad a movie, there's always someone that's going to go see it.

With that all said [and I'm not bashing you at all, I promise heart ], I think that that's a director's privilege, no matter how talented he or she is, to take someone else's work and interpret it. It's the same way with art, some might think a splash of red on plain canvas is rubbish, while others think it's brilliant and hang it in a museum. Beauty in the eye of the beholder, and all that nonsense heart  

JuilianFai

ToxicGlare

Dapper Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:03 pm
yay tim burton!! i know where im gonna be march 5 2010!!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:33 am
My opinion: I love Tim Burton, i honestly could give less of a ******** what all of you people say. There always has to be the person that ruins our excitement. :] Shame on you people! O:< If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. x3 Of course, many people are going to rant at me, but whatever. xD I don't care.

Personally im really excited for this movie. It looks very imaginative and fun, i think he did great with the costumes and make-up. Alice and Wonderland is supposed to be scary and wierd, and on acid. :] So you people shut up. xD The Disney version is a nice version, but they need to get deeper when its a movie... Especially when its based on a book. Real story and so on.

-Mizuki Of Lux-

-Mizuki Of Lux-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:34 am
JuilianFai
Stop Dont Believin
No director could tell Alice in Wonderland as well as Lewis Carroll did in the book. There are just too many puns that don't translate well into spoken dialogue. The whole story does better on paper.

Well, as Lewis Carroll wrote the book, I'd hope his version is the best whee
I think that's the beauty of Hollywood though...or lack thereof. Screenwriters and directors take many beautiful things and make them crap, and then try to sell it back to us, because no one has any creativity anymore. If you've noticed, many movies nowadays are either sequels or prequels to past movies, remakes, or just......stupid. Damn waste of money.
But sadly that's what Hollywood is about. And EVERYONE knows no matter how bad a movie, there's always someone that's going to go see it.

With that all said [and I'm not bashing you at all, I promise heart ], I think that that's a director's privilege, no matter how talented he or she is, to take someone else's work and interpret it. It's the same way with art, some might think a splash of red on plain canvas is rubbish, while others think it's brilliant and hang it in a museum. Beauty in the eye of the beholder, and all that nonsense heart

I agree with you strongly.  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces