Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)
Music!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maluc_Fieri

8,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:55 pm
chaos.ultima.mage
Maluc Fieri
I love techno stuff mainly. Though since I don't have a CD player in my car I listen to KROQ and thus I've taken a liking to some rock bands.

Fav bands/artists: The Bravery, Underworld, Andy C, Foo Fighters, McVaffe, aLivE

the two at the end are long time favorites, thought they are OCR(remix.overclocked.org) exclusive.

ah, electronica. other than Foo Fighters, i haven't really listened to any of those you named. i tend to listen to a lot of rave-ish type music and trance mostly when i listen to techno

You should really make sure you hear Underwolrd's 'Moaner' If you like rave type songs, which I do as well, you should really like that one. Pretty much anything on they're album "Everything, Everything" is good to.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:04 am
Maluc Fieri

You should really make sure you hear Underwolrd's 'Moaner' If you like rave type songs, which I do as well, you should really like that one. Pretty much anything on they're album "Everything, Everything" is good to.

i'll try to remember to check up on that tonight. i've always heard good things about Underworld, but i've never got the chance to listen.  

chaos.ultima.mage

Aged Gaian

Tyr Hawk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:53 pm
Man... I've got to be one of the few people i know... sweatdrop

anywho... i like pretty much any kind of music. Please note I said music... not:

(c)rap

or anything close to it. That is not music, it's people talking about any damn thing that they do or don't like to a melody that often throws off from the actual meaning.

As for bands: Backstreet Boys (no, not embarressed and personally there's nothing in the world you can say to make me stop liking them. THEIR MUSIC IS GOOD! I like it, get over it), N'sync (same), Smashmouth, McHammer (one of the few, if not only good 'rappers'), Barenaked Ladies, Linkin Park, Greenday (for a while, till i've listened to a song one too many times), Train, 98 degrees (see first comment), 5 (same), Spice Girls (same), Baha Men (good times...), AC/DC, Metallica

hmm... *thinks* so many to list... yet so hard to think...

Song at random: Ain't No Mountain High Enough (one of the best songs ever... period), Whiskey Lullaby, Don't Take the Girl, Winner Loses All, Simple and Clean (Utada Hikaru... KH... so good ^_^), Burn, Wild Wild West, Men in black (both the first and second)

and well.. i suppose that's all i can think of for now ^-^. Sorry that I couldn 't remember more, but it's just so hard for me to remember things anways.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:11 pm
^your musical oddities seem almost as bad as mine...although i most certainly dislike boy groups (not bands...they don't play their own music...)

i listen to some random pop music (Pussycat Dolls, Gwen Steffani (and No Doubt), and some other stuff....)

i agree with you about rap for a LARGE part, but i do listen to it, and sometimes a lot, just depending on my mood. if you can find good rap (or FUNNY rap), it's cool. personally, Swollen Members!  

chaos.ultima.mage

Aged Gaian

Zombie Ryu

Professional Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:58 pm
Just randomly popping in to say that I don't care what anyone says, the Spice Girls are awesome. XD

Eh.. the only pop I really listen to a lot besides that is Maroon 5 and Christina Aguilera. Some of my friends think I'm insane for the second one, but I don't care. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:43 pm
Ryukkuu
Just randomly popping in to say that I don't care what anyone says, the Spice Girls are awesome. XD

Eh.. the only pop I really listen to a lot besides that is Maroon 5 and Christina Aguilera. Some of my friends think I'm insane for the second one, but I don't care. sweatdrop

a lot of my friends find me insane for listening to Russian folk/black metal, but i don't let that get me down... domokun

i understand you point though. i like "genie in a bottle", it was really catchy.  

chaos.ultima.mage

Aged Gaian

The_spoiler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:30 pm
i like hip hop, j-pop, and video game music....that sums it up mostly  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:57 pm
chaos.ultima.mage
^your musical oddities seem almost as bad as mine...although i most certainly dislike boy groups (not bands...they don't play their own music...)

i listen to some random pop music (Pussycat Dolls, Gwen Steffani (and No Doubt), and some other stuff....)

i agree with you about rap for a LARGE part, but i do listen to it, and sometimes a lot, just depending on my mood. if you can find good rap (or FUNNY rap), it's cool. personally, Swollen Members!

well thank you, i think.

and ya, some rap is good... but i haven't found much.

Maroon 5 is good, so is umm... *thinks for the name* Good Charlotte! I love Chronicles of Life and Death... ^_^  

Tyr Hawk

chaos.ultima.mage

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:53 am
Tyr Hawk
so is umm... *thinks for the name* Good Charlotte! I love Chronicles of Life and Death... ^_^

crying

i accept that not all people will agree with my musical tastes, but it still saddens me everytime i find someone who likes this band...they're...just...horrible...

currently listening: Soilwork - "Grand Failure Anthem"  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:48 pm
chaos.ultima.mage
Tyr Hawk
so is umm... *thinks for the name* Good Charlotte! I love Chronicles of Life and Death... ^_^

crying

i accept that not all people will agree with my musical tastes, but it still saddens me everytime i find someone who likes this band...they're...just...horrible...

currently listening: Soilwork - "Grand Failure Anthem"

I agree... I really think they suck.. and it's not just because I know the bass player personaly (his dad lives across the street from me) I just don't think they sound good.  

Maluc_Fieri

8,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

chaos.ultima.mage

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:39 pm
Maluc Fieri
I agree... I really think they suck.. and it's not just because I know the bass player personaly (his dad lives across the street from me) I just don't think they sound good.

wow, that's pretty damn cool though...regardless...i don't even know ANY of the people in my neighborhood...i just sit in my room or spend all day at work....

i'll just never understand some musical tastes i suppose...then again, not many people care to much for mine either, so...*shrugs*  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:07 pm
I like all types of music, myself.
Mostly Emo and eighties. ^__^
I don't know why a lot of people make fun of Emo... would it be because of the image associated with it? o_o;;

Oh, oh, and parodies! I love parodies. Especially Wierd Al Yankovick. (sp?)

Dorii

chaos.ultima.mage

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:57 am
Dorii
I like all types of music, myself.
Mostly Emo and eighties. ^__^
I don't know why a lot of people make fun of Emo... would it be because of the image associated with it? o_o;;

Oh, oh, and parodies! I love parodies. Especially Wierd Al Yankovick. (sp?)

weird al is the greatest!!!

as for the emo thing, most people don't like it because the bands aren't terribly great and the singers tend to be whiney and annoying...the people that do like emo music tend to have the same frame of mind as the bands making the music, hence it is enjoyable to them. i for one can't tolerate emo, just for the vocals and stupid lyrics that MOST bands of the genre have  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:23 am
i mainly listen to metal, electronica and post rock.

Favourtie bands of the three genres are,
Metal: burzum
electronica: air
post rock: mogwai.  

mirkwood raven

chaos.ultima.mage

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:25 pm
rinoa-heartilly1
i mainly listen to metal, electronica and post rock.

Favourtie bands of the three genres are,
Metal: burzum
electronica: air
post rock: mogwai.

wow, someone else who listens to metal, awesome! i'm not a fan of Burzum myself (although i do have two of his albums...), but i enjoy a lot of black metal, though mostly death, folk, and power metal.  
Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff