Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 20. ✿ - - - Debating
Gay Marriage. Nay or Yay? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azusanga

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:35 pm
Sisterbroken
eccentricanomaly
Rei Uchikino
Azusanga
Rei Uchikino
Not that I have anything against gay marraige, but I don't see the point in it. A gay couple can just live together and it would basically be like they're married. But it's like you said, homosexuals should have the same rights as everyone else. And if they want to get married then why not.

But they're not. If a straight couple lived together, it'd be like they were married too....

This is true. But originally marriage wasn't created out of love. It was arranged to make families. The way I see it, a straight couple that plans on having a family normally gets married. I don't know of any families where the mom and dad have never been married at all and just lived together. But I do know some straight people who don't see the point in marriage and don't want any kids, and say that they'll just live with their significant other like they're married.

I know a few people who are married but don't have and never plan on having kids. My ninth grade biology teacher was like that.

And what about all the legal stuff that goes along with getting legally married?

A lot of the legale stuff comes down to if they have kids and one gets hurt can the outher keep the child and unless the cuple was "marryed" they cant. So the child gets taken away. The hole issue on "cant they just come up with a differnt choice of words?" is in my openion bull s**t. If the term marage is only used on a man and wife what dose that say to same sex couples? your not good enough to have the same tittle? This also brings up the issue of gender changes. If i change to a man get amrred to a women then chnge back to a girl are we still marryed? Ever sence same sex couples fell in love and wanted to be together problems with outhers have arised. any one want to know a fact about your loveable churchs?

the priest used to have gay sex yes thats right gay sex from im almost sure it was the 1600's so them no saying its unholly is bull s**t they just dont want to lose power. what now???!!!

((sorry im in GSA so i can rant about this stuff sweatdrop ))

Adoption? And like others said, what about those remaining child-free? So somehow, if the person you fall in love with HAPPENS to be a female/male, and you're the same, then suddenly you're incapable? People are REALLY stupid =/ -not meaning you. meaning lawyers.-  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:08 pm
In my own opinon, I think you should be allowed to marry to whoever you'd like. Gay or straight. But according to my religion, it's wrong and (i think) it's sinful.  

Capn Agonys

6,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200

writerprincess29

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:13 pm
I'm pro gay marriage, as you can't exactly control who you fall in love with.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:37 am
I'm pro gay marriage.
Love is love, marriage is marriage, and I believe that saying no to it is senseless discrimination. I personally don't understand what about it bothers people so much. It had nothing to do with them, and the people are still going to be homosexual, whether they deny them the right to marry or not. It just isn't fair to deny someone that right based on something such as their sexuality and who they love.
It's not like gay marriage is anything horrible. I mean, think about this: Quite a few homosexual couples adopt children that their heterosexual parents obviously didn't want, or didn't take care of. These children do not deserve to have their financial security taken away because their parents are not allowed to marry.
Also, does anyone else agree with me on how completely stupid Florida's ban on homosexuals adopting?
Personally, I think some people need to just calm the hell down. Gay marriage is not horrible, and it doesn't have anything to do with them. Nobody should be able to choose another person's right.
Another thing that irks me is that some people believe it is wrong because they are mindlessly listening to their religion, or what they have been taught. Yes, I can understand believing morals and stuff in a religion, but some people believe that homosexuality is okay, but they still vote "No" on Prop Hate 8, because of what their religion states. It's ridiculous.
And I hate how people teach their children that homosexuality is wrong. Why can't more people teach their children to respect the beliefs, morals, and rights of others, instead of teaching them that something is wrong without giving a valid reason to why it is wrong?

Empresss Spiral

Blood Thirsty Turtle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:09 pm
gays are people to  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:21 pm
Rei Uchikino
Not that I have anything against gay marraige, but I don't see the point in it. A gay couple can just live together and it would basically be like they're married. But it's like you said, homosexuals should have the same rights as everyone else. And if they want to get married then why not.

That is what the conservatives want you to think. But the truth be told, they are denied somewhere between 200 to 1000 rights of marriage (depending upon the state). For example, when a spouse is hospitalized, almost any hospital will allow you to visit them (unless they are extremely contagious or something). But many hospitals will not allow a homosexual partner, even if they have lived together for years, to visit, because technically that partner is not family.

Then you have immigration. A man and woman getting married, where one of them is not a citizen, will have special options to help them, but a homosexual couple will not have this.

Then you have adoption, health insurance, finances, custody, inheritance, and numerous other issues.  

lawtonfogle

accountant unscammer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:24 pm
Rei Uchikino

living together may be good enuf for some, but in the eyes of others they are not truely husband and husband or wife and wife. yes they may love eachother but marrige shows they want to spend their lives together. i say love who you want and if u must, fight (not pysically) for ur love ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:29 pm
Yes. Yes I am. I'd be somewhat ironic if I wasn't.  

Centipedes In Utero

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Kunoichi Aiko

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:14 am
I'm going to get busted for saying this, but I'm I would say no to gay marriage. I don't think there are such things as the gay sexuality. In my opinion, the so-called people who think they are gay, are not really gay in reality. It's just their minds that push them into it.

No, it does not come from birth. It comes from constant thinking about if you are gay or not. Everyone has a little bit of gay in them, and it's up to them to control it. However, it's not that easy to control your own human mind. The human mind can easily get tricked by things you think about.

No, I am not saying that gays are not people. They are people. People are people. It's a natural instinct for humans to think about things beyond the laws of the government, whatsoever. Although it is best to just "keep straight" and do not overthink things. No matter what, there is always going to be people doing bizarre things that their minds tell them to do, so be careful and avoid doing that sort of thing.

Should you need to reply, disagreeing with me, I say do not. There is no point. I respect the fact that everyone has their own opinion. I did not cuss to any pro gays, so I do not see why you should cuss to me. End of rant.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:39 am
Kunoichi Aiko
I'm going to get busted for saying this, but I'm I would say no to gay marriage. I don't think there are such things as the gay sexuality. In my opinion, the so-called people who think they are gay, are not really gay in reality. It's just their minds that push them into it.

No, it does not come from birth. It comes from constant thinking about if you are gay or not. Everyone has a little bit of gay in them, and it's up to them to control it. However, it's not that easy to control your own human mind. The human mind can easily get tricked by things you think about.

No, I am not saying that gays are not people. They are people. People are people. It's a natural instinct for humans to think about things beyond the laws of the government, whatsoever. Although it is best to just "keep straight" and do not overthink things. No matter what, there is always going to be people doing bizarre things that their minds tell them to do, so be careful and avoid doing that sort of thing.

Should you need to reply, disagreeing with me, I say do not. There is no point. I respect the fact that everyone has their own opinion. I did not cuss to any pro gays, so I do not see why you should cuss to me. End of rant.

Good thing it's just your opinion and not fact.  

Centipedes In Utero

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

queen-jelly-baby

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:51 am
saddy i have been taken over by the disneys '' love concors all'' so i would have to say gay or not marrage repersents love and should be accepted anywho.. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:41 am
100% for gay marriage. biggrin  

Breayue

Friendly Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

FullMetalLex

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:57 pm
Love is love, it's as simple as that smile

Who has the right to judge wether or not one type of couple deserves the right to be married over another? The idea that gay marriage is illegal in most states is baffling. Love is so hard to come by. If any couple regardless of orientation feels passionate enough to marry, no one has the right to stop, especially based on something as irrelevant as orientation.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:01 pm
I may be Catholic Christian,

but I believe that gay marriage should be allowed. I know that my religion says it's wrong, but love is love! People can't control who they fall in love with, well the gender anyways. I think it's wrong that people shun true love...

X_The_Curtain_Call_X

pidgezero_one

Original Fatcat

10,775 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:15 pm
Personally, I'm going to give a big fat "yay" to same-sex marriage. I'm very proud to live in a country where it is federally recognized!

I've never really had a reason to be against same-sex marriage and could never see a good reason to restrict two people of the same sex from being married, so I'm going to stay on the "yes" side.

I've had people say to me that there is no love equal to that between a man and a woman, but... to say that love is special because of what physical sex you are, to me, is nothing but a fairy tale.  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff