Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Harry Potter VI [Official] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

poll whores
  Yep
View Results

peytonsawyerscott

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:01 am
it was good i guess. my only measure is that i did not fall asleep. not much of a fan myself. but looking for ward to percy jackson, the lightning thief.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:37 pm
I saw the Midnight showing and I really really want to see it in IMAX 3D.

My gripes:
-Fawkes' Lament and Dumbledore's Funeral were a must. I cannot believe they didn't put it in.
-WTF! Include Quidditch, which I was so thrilled about, but 'forget' to include Weasley is Our King? I was looking forward to their rendition of it!!!!
-They didn't explain WHY Snape is the Half-Blood Prince. Then again, they never really explain WHY anything is anything. lmao
-I'm sure that unless you've read the books you don't care about Tonks and Lupin but I think it's funny that all of sudden in this movie they're together when it's never explained. Tonks just calls him a pet name and they leave it at that.
-They don't really explain for Fenrir is, they just assume you know that the scary werewolf guy is him. XDD

Overall though I think it was brilliantly epic and epically brilliant to say the least. They scene with Bellatrix and Fenrir at the Burrow left me in awe. I sat on the edge of my seat whispering "Oh Harry you idiot."

The books will always be better of course.

The Movies in Order from Best to Not So Best:
-SS <---closest to the book in my opinion and very magical
-HBP
-CoS
-PoA
-GoF
-OotP <---seriously though... this one will always be last. It was rushed. -_-  

Valkyrie_Saphria

Hilarious Fairy

5,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Signature Look 250

fictiveUniverse

Profitable Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:41 pm
the movie was friken awesome!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:42 am
Valkyrie_Saphria
I saw the Midnight showing and I really really want to see it in IMAX 3D.

My gripes:
-Fawkes' Lament and Dumbledore's Funeral were a must. I cannot believe they didn't put it in.
-WTF! Include Quidditch, which I was so thrilled about, but 'forget' to include Weasley is Our King? I was looking forward to their rendition of it!!!!
-They didn't explain WHY Snape is the Half-Blood Prince. Then again, they never really explain WHY anything is anything. lmao
-I'm sure that unless you've read the books you don't care about Tonks and Lupin but I think it's funny that all of sudden in this movie they're together when it's never explained. Tonks just calls him a pet name and they leave it at that.
-They don't really explain for Fenrir is, they just assume you know that the scary werewolf guy is him. XDD

Overall though I think it was brilliantly epic and epically brilliant to say the least. They scene with Bellatrix and Fenrir at the Burrow left me in awe. I sat on the edge of my seat whispering "Oh Harry you idiot."

The books will always be better of course.

The Movies in Order from Best to Not So Best:
-SS <---closest to the book in my opinion and very magical
-HBP
-CoS
-PoA
-GoF
-OotP <---seriously though... this one will always be last. It was rushed. -_-

I completely agree with you! There were some other things that annoyed me though: such as them wearing their Muggle clothes nearly all the time and Dan Radcliffe's constant need of green contacts!!  

ExpendableTribbleKeeper

Radiozine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:10 am
It was good but they left out a lot that I wanted to see. :]  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:34 pm
im not a nerd for hp but...I LOVED IT!!!!! BETTER THAN ANY OTHER HP MOVIE(even though i didn't see 3,4 nor 5  

xxXnarutofreak567Xxx

CrystalBlues

Sweet Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:52 pm
i didnt like the open ended ending...there was no funeral as suchXD  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:57 pm
I went to the midnight showing, and then I went again today.

I think this one is brilliant. BY FAR, the best of the series.

I loved the little things in this movie, things most people don't notice or pay attention to.
I LOVED how rich the musical score was. I was SEVERELY disappointed with Order of the Phoenix, but Half Blood Prince more than makes up for it. I love how they brought back the Quidditch theme from Prizoner of Azkaban, and modified the Quidditch World Tornament theme from Goblet of Fire, and I think there was a bit of Umbridge's tossed in there as well. Not to mention all the new themes we got to hear!! It was musically a complilation of all the previous films, and I was extremely pleased!

My one only REAL complaint was that they didn't include Snape's line while they were making their escape towards the end!!
Harry: "FIGHT BACK, YOU COWARD!!!"
Snape: :calmly turns and walks away:
He should have shouted back at Harry: "DON'T CALL ME COWARD!!"
I can understand why some scenes need to be cut or why some scenes need to be created for the sake of movie time constraints, but I couldn't believe they cut that ONE line out!! That was like...Snape's defining line in Half Blood Prince!!! [in my opinion anyway...] It would have taken an extra what?..12 seconds to say!?
BUT overall I think it was a wonderfully directed movie, and can't wait 'til Deathly Hallows premires. Yay for two-part movies!!

Side note....:
..am I the only who thinks that everyone is TINY in this film!? Both Emma Watson and Bonnie Wright look like they might disappear!! Someone get them a cheeseburger and some fries, quick!! And Tom too!! He looked very slight!! I know that was the point, but JEEEEZE!! Eat up, you three!!!! sweatdrop  

JuilianFai

JuilianFai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:05 pm
XxSakuraNekoxX
Um, was it just me, or did they miss a part towards the end with Snape giving Harry a memory about his mother and why he killed Dumbledore?

But it was still a good film, all in all, I think. (Though a bit long.)

That's one of the last chapters in Deathly Hallows. My favorite chapter in all the books heart  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff