Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hahahhaaha

4,850 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:02 pm
i think its romantic. especially if ur planning to meet one day.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:44 pm
Maybe I'm an old fart, but I personally never liked the idea of online dating. It's just so easy to fake everything from age to whether the person is a creepy stalker or not. I just don't see how you could ever really... solidify the relationship?
Maybe if all you're looking for is to mess around it doesn't matter. But serious relationships I think should have physical contact/meeting/organic interaction.
But that's just me.  

AntiGirlKiwi

Edible Purple

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:08 am
Want some free art?
User Image

Well, to each their own, I guess.
Just as long as you're mature about it, I don't see any problem.
People who do the following, however, I do see a problem with.
"need bf"
"ill b bf ur gf nao"
"k ilu bby"
This sort of Gaia dating is neither mature nor... logical. In any way.

User Image
Want a lollipop?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:43 am
I think that its made of fail. Rl is much more fun.  

Matron Mord Sith

Ananszi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:58 am
I am your Mord Sith
I think that its made of fail. Rl is much more fun.

QFT.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:57 pm
Eh...I prefer dating someone I can actually physically see and touch; but to each their own...

I don't think people should come on here whoring themselves out though, I mean if you meet someone special, that's one thing but all this, "OMG! u r 2 cute, b my bf" and "I need a bf!" crap needs to go, just because Gaia is social networking doesn't make it a dating site, it just fuels unessicary drama.  

Hester Peche

Perfect Genius

AriaStarSong

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:05 pm
Hm, when I hear "Gaia Dating" I assume you're dating exclusively through Gaia. You send PMs, you meet in towns to go on "dates", etc. Which I think could be a cute game to play... but it's not a real relationship. Coming on to Gaia looking for a relationship just seems... ridiculous to me.

Now, if you meet on Gaia, develop a friendship, and it eventually evolves into a relationship outside of Gaia, well, to each their own. But until you've actually met in person, I still wouldn't really consider it a real relationship. There are so many things that you... don't really realize about people when you're not with them.

I'm not saying anything against long distance relationships. I'm the queen of LDRs, mostly because I have a bad habit of not staying in one place more than about three months at a time... I'm on two months right now, I'd better find a job soon, lol. My boyfriend is in the Air Force though, so that's going to be LDR for another four years...
But we've known each other for about seven years. I see him whenever he comes home on leave.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:13 pm
I'm in a Gaia relationship.
Well, I will be. He's waiting for me.
He wants to travel and meet me.
Right now we're just staying very good friends.  

RosesFallingLikeRain

Desirable Businesswoman

11,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Full closet 200

this little secret

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:02 pm
It really depends on everyone's perspective. There are good and bad cons. Lucky for gaia, there are no creepy strangers except under aged kids. But they avoid the forums.

Now my point of view on online dating excluding gaia of course. I like gaia for many reasons, because I was at a breaking point with my friends and myself. I hated the world but never thought about hurting myself. Now this is where gaia comes in, it saved me from me going out of control, before I thought of bad things when I was 12, I'm fourteen. Me and my breaking point lasted for a year. I found gaia when I was 13. I completely was misreble when I came to gaia, then I made friends, who told me to make new friends and to smile because I was special. Gaia is a good place for making friends and doing something with your life. Their are certain forums for that. Now what I think of it? I think its sweet, but also dangerous if you go to different websites, like myspace. You can find people there, but for me and online relationships? No not really. Even if we see each other in skype, laugh, talk, and all that stuff, I'd feel a drift between us. But I'm glad for those who particularly had a good experience. I'd feel bad about the relationship, wanting to really meet, if it went too deep, like meeting on Skype and constantly chatting about daily lives, texting, and etc. Now, like kiddy stuff, commenting, chatting on IM, emailing love notes for the heck of it, I'd be okay. Since somehow, I find as if me and this "person" who find a way to break away and still be friends.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:33 pm
It depends on the people in relationship. Everyone's different some people wouldn't do it and some would. I guess it's okay as long as the people in the realtionship are mature about and aren't one of those people that go "Want to be my gf/bf?" then ask a couple minutes later "do you wanna cyber?".  

I Takami Heru I

Co0lest_Sweetiie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:46 am
User ImageYou cry, I cry. You laugh, i laugh, You jump off a cliff i laugh EVEN HARDER...

I personally don't think it's cool. To me, i think it's nasty. You don't know anything about the person, They could be 30-year-old ppl who just have no-lifes. I'm never doing online dating.

...So stick that in your juice box && suck it!
User Image
>Click Here to make me happy.<

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:50 am
Halt Den Mund
i think its romantic. especially if ur planning to meet one day.

User ImageYou cry, I cry. You laugh, i laugh, You jump off a cliff i laugh EVEN HARDER...

eh..Yeah! But you don't know the person. It might be a rapist. Or the person might kidnap you. man or women. I'm just saying what i feel. No one need's to listen to me. Haha.

...So stick that in your juice box && suck it!
User Image
>Click Here to make me happy.<

Co0lest_Sweetiie

AThousandLullabies

5,650 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:34 pm
i guess it's fine for other people, but it's not for me.
1. you don't know how old they really are or how they really look, you just have to go by what they tell you
2.you can never get to kiss them :[
3.they could be cheating on you. how would you know?
4.they could get hacked or banned and you never get to talk to them again

it's just that you're taking a lot of risks, and i would never want to try that.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:39 pm
AThousandLullabies
i guess it's fine for other people, but it's not for me.
1. you don't know how old they really are or how they really look, you just have to go by what they tell you
2.you can never get to kiss them :[
3.they could be cheating on you. how would you know?
4.they could get hacked or banned and you never get to talk to them again

it's just that you're taking a lot of risks, and i would never want to try that.

So they can make a new account. No big deal.  

Rei Uchikino

Anabethe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:36 pm
I agree with Azusanga. It is a little iffy. I dont recommend gaia dating. Too many people that lie. 50yr olds lying that their 15 and 9yr olds lying that they are 15. and girls lying and saying that they are guys, and vice versa.  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff