Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
I remember a time when... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gaia got greedy for money.
  I agree.
  No way.
  I don't care.
View Results

LadyDamien

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:45 pm
daft alchemist
Honestly, Gaia was terrible when it first started. That's why I quit it to begin with. It was impossible to get gold unless you spammed to high heaven, and the gold shop items were ridiculously expensive to the point where I couldn't deck my avi out in anything.

Then by the time I came back to check things out, things seemed to have improved. Starter items, MC's, lots of cool features, no more incessant spamming, and they got rid of the endless list of links to anime fansites.

Now it's turned into a corporation of sorts. Everything's about making money, and it's getting frustrating. Instead of whoring themselves out with every little idea that comes to mind, why not make some GOOD MC's for once or some decently priced EI's. But no, charging $10 for one item that's going to get hacked off your account and not restored to you anyway is a much better idea!

You are so right there. The MC's used to be good, but the past 2 years they have sucked.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:23 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. I agree. The MC's have started to suck. Big time! I think that Gaia's gotten too money-oriented, and almost everything is available only with Gaia cash, which makes it even more sucky for people like me who don't live in the U.S. and who don't have credit cards. sad

Lady D, may I ask what those wings are? Me likey! ^^

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

LadyDamien

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:25 am
Angry Kitsune
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. I agree. The MC's have started to suck. Big time! I think that Gaia's gotten too money-oriented, and almost everything is available only with Gaia cash, which makes it even more sucky for people like me who don't live in the U.S. and who don't have credit cards. sad

Lady D, may I ask what those wings are? Me likey! ^^

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hehehe, I know what you mean!

They are from the Imp thing I got from the Overseer. I don't really like them, but whatever.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:41 pm
Yes, I've been thinking lately about how low Gaia has gotten in the past year or so... low as in greedy for peoples money and in giving less care for the people who spend their time on here.

Used to, the Gaia Cash and all that were just fun things on the side for people who wanted to spend real life money on better items. Lately, everywhere I go they are selling something, trying to get you to buy cash, or advertising something you can't do without paying for first. I personally don't like the items in the cash shop anymore either... well not enough to spend real life money for anyways.  

Andru Noyola

Dapper Genius

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:49 pm
it seems the longer I stay on this site the more out of place I feel. It's not so much the staff and their choices but the users. I know part of it is the fact that I am in fact growing out of this site. *sigh* makes me what to revamps alot of my old threads I have made.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:53 pm
I would've liked the overseer if I didn't get it as a "frozen" item off of the daily chance. mad

I'm not even into aquariums! gonk
And I basically had 100k right there!

I just hate the fact that items now can be soulbound or frozen. crying
Hate frozen, I hate frozen, I hate frozen!

Kuri Garu

8,775 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Consumer 100

Prince of Plots

Firebreathing Waffles

16,690 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:49 pm
things change  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:02 pm
They always do. But that doesn't mean we can't complain about it. biggrin  

Aralik
Captain

Agile Rogue

7,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

XxNonaxX

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:05 am
It's really unfortunate how gaia is now. I started gaia when it was new on one of my old accounts (someone hacked it and everything got stolen so now i only have knightofthefallen and xxnonaxx). It was harder to get gold, but now it seems impossible to get things too. In fact it seems even moreso impossible unless you buy gaia cash and the like.
And a lot of people seem a lot ruder now. Am I the only one feeling that? Like, a lot of conversations in forums are crude and I feel so out of place.  
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games