Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
am i the only 1 thats is noticing this?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Speedira

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:09 am
Kind of hard not to notice sweatdrop xp  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:01 am
All I care about is if something is a good movie or not. Some movie that are remade at least are from other generations for the new ones to enjoy.

Also I don't know if District 9 is a good reference. Its a sci fi movie its going to take other characteristics from other sci fi movies/books etc because thats the genre.  

Foxdilfer

monkey_bubbles_1995

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:37 am
yeah i realized that movies are starting to get uncreative because there have been at least 8 movies in the past 1-2 years based on books

Foxdilfer
Also I don't know if District 9 is a good reference. Its a sci fi movie its going to take other characteristics from other sci fi movies/books etc because thats the genre.

taking characters and characteristics from other sci fi movies is NOT the sci fi genre....sci fi is just science fiction or made up things with a scientifical aspect to them that might or might not eventually come true  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:52 pm
They didn't take characters and characteristics can't be avoided or else we'd just have to stop calling things a genre. Or have someone call something their own and anytime its referenced they get money. Shakespeare himself use to base his work on things that were happening around him or even books/stories. So even the greatest works are adaptions.

Dealing with aliens? Space ships? Mechas? Thats going to be dealing with a Sci Fi universe. There wasn't anything "stolen" its like saying people who play jazz all sound the same its a style but they all still have their own thing. You have to actually take something concrete to steal. Because he was saying they stole "robot aliens" I'm guessing he means mechas.

Saying they stole the idea for a mecha then you can say Gundam-Mecha Assualt blah blah its been done those aren't the foundation of the movie anyway. Its like saying they stole robots these are things that are already a basis in the genre and they're there for them to use.  

Foxdilfer

Opera Phantom_95

Shadowy Phantom

9,600 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Timid 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:28 pm
Actually, there ARE quite a few original movies. Playing right now there's Adam, 500 Days of Summer, Shorts, G-Force, The Hurt Locker, In the Loop, and Inglorious Bastards. And those are just the ones I can think of right now.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:49 pm
yeah it sucks but it is 2009 and well...a lot of good ideas are already used up and played out. besides, a lot of great movies come from books (meaning they're not originally film scripts)
but still...i see your point  

playdead321

hfzl1234

5,500 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:16 am
Well, what would you expect?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:36 pm
operaphantom21
Actually, there ARE quite a few original movies. Playing right now there's Adam, 500 Days of Summer, Shorts, G-Force, The Hurt Locker, In the Loop, and Inglorious Bastards. And those are just the ones I can think of right now.

ehhh in glorius bastards isnt all that original my grampa has basicly every wwII movie is seems like and he showed me a movie where these guys make a living off of killing nazis  

xXNuclearDiffusionXx

Post Coital Cookie
Captain

Bloblike Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:51 pm
The lack of originality is so depressing. The remakes are more than horrible and sequels are made where sequels aren't frickin necessary.

Yeah, there are original movies, but none that interesting to me, anyways. ::shrug::  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:37 pm
xTx Monty xTx
yup this is why in the film industry everyone their is retarded

rocksteadyandbebop

Speedira

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:23 pm
No,a lot of people noticed that. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:03 am
I agree! I was just telling my dad that. "where the wild things are" and "cloudy w/ a chance of meatballs" were 2 of my favorite books and now about 10 or so years later, they are movies...  

prince darien54

T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces